How Crowded Can a Map Be? The Sequel

The Mayans settled Copan very far from Chichen Itza...I'm surprised they were the first to that spot.

Nice minimap!

As you see on the last screenshot, Trondheim is totally isolated from all my other cities. Now is the time to kill the zulus!

At the same time, I sent one army to attack Chichén Itza, and my army from Copàn was now on Lisbon.

The siege on Lisbon was, altough I had no troops there (3 immortals, 1 pike and 2 cats) the fastest ever, and, on the first turn of attack:

[party] Another main rival down! I didn,t expect it would be that easy! Even better, the next turn, attacking Chichén Itza, I got a leader! I also encountered the Spanish and traded for contact with the Vikings.

In 920, I captured Zimbabwe (sorry, forgot to take a pic :rolleyes: ) On the same turn, I got a leader with a crusader and the #1 defender in Chichén Itza was a red-lined jav!

At this point, the Celts started to be more annoying/dangerous than ever, sending more and more longbows at me.

In 930, I got ANOTHER leader!!! 3 in 3 turn! :woohoo: I have had so much leader I can't anyomore have an army! I rushed FP in Paris with it. On the same turn, I took Chichén Itza:

Objectives:
Northern Army (just took Lisbon): Attack Byzance
Southern Army (just took Zimbabwe): Attack Kyoto (mistake on my minimap, it is Kyoto, Tokyo doesn't exist)
Central Amy (just took Chichén Itza): Attack Byzance

Back to the game!

I discovered Astronomy in 970, and then started Chemistry. The assault on Kyoto seemed fast, while it wouldn't be that easy against Constantinople: they had muskets. For sure, I pillaged their salpeter source before starting attacking (otherwise, it is nearly useless). At the same time, I sent a few trebs and immortals next to Rome to start taking down spears there.

In 980, I took Kyoto (fast, huh?)

Then, I sent the Southern army on Amsterdam. I also pillaged the Dutch iron. In 980, I discovered that Constantinople wasn't only guarded by muskets, but also had spears. When I killed all the muskets, the rest was easy, and:

And, in 1010:

Then, in 1030:

Fats, isn't it?

Fats? Maybe you should change to healthier wars. </"puujalka" joke> (Wooden-leg-jokes, Finns will understand the term)

I'm also at school so I can't recieve it, but during my break several months from now I'll try to tinker. I'm quite intrigued by this idea, it seems like a fair enough reason to start toying with the editory again.

Here are step by step instructions for making a game at least similar to this (hope you don't mind mastertyguy):

Go into the Editor and Click Scenario -> Custom Rules -> OK. Then Click on Rules -> Edit Rules... -> World Sizes.

From hear, you can adjust Tiny (or any size, really) to whatever options you want. Change number of Civs to 31 of course. I'm not sure what mastertyguy has for Distance Between Civs. I'm guessing 1.

Oh, you would also have to take away the AI's free military units if you were playing AW. Go to Difficulty Levels (still under Edit Rules...) -> Emperor (or whatever level you want), then change the first 2 options to 0. The next two give additional settlers and workers to the AI.

I think that's it. :)

IroquoisPlisken said:
Here are step by step instructions for making a game at least similar to this (hope you don't mind mastertyguy):

Go into the Editor and Click Scenario -> Custom Rules -> OK. Then Click on Rules -> Edit Rules... -> World Sizes.

From hear, you can adjust Tiny (or any size, really) to whatever options you want. Change number of Civs to 31 of course. I'm not sure what mastertyguy has for Distance Between Civs. I'm guessing 1.

Oh, you would also have to take away the AI's free military units if you were playing AW. Go to Difficulty Levels (still under Edit Rules...) -> Emperor (or whatever level you want), then change the first 2 options to 0. The next two give additional settlers and workers to the AI.

I think that's it. :)
You got the way, and it is no secret because the objective of these game is to prove that it is entertaining and possible. I WANT you to try it.

Anyway, yesterday, I played a couple turns. Before I had time to post what i did, my mother needed the computer and deleted it :eek: I,m at school so I haven't access to my pics, so I'll give you a condensed version without pics.

1040: I take Entremont and Rome
1050: I discover Bergen
1060: I take Alesia, I send my army near Carathage.

A few screenies:
Entremont:

Rome:

Bergen:

Surprise! Because of this, I can't anymore expect a conquest victory before marines! Only choice: domination!

Alesia:

A mini-map:

That's all I got!

EDIT: 1,400 posts :woohoo:

By t3h looks of it. Watch for an Alexius Comnenus to rise among the Dutch and Vikings and completely annihilate the Persian Empire. ;)

Speaking of which, is this the Achaemenid or Sassanid Empire?

shady milkman said:
By the looks of it, domination isn't exactly going to be difficult. :D
Well, I'll need at least one landing to get it, and with armies... I only have 1 with 2 units, so I'll have to wait for galleons to get the others into the war.

BTW, the celts aren't dead. Maybe a settler galley... maybe another town.

We were in 1070, right? So now my army is near Carthage. On that turn, nothing really happened, only lost 1 immortal on a Num Merc. I discovered Chemistry in 1080 and started Metallurgy (theorically, I may use canons and cavs before the end of the game). On this turn, they got a musket (I discovered there was Salpeter in Utica), which I killed. At the end of the turn, I founded Antioch, on the Eastern coast. I finished the turn at 57% of territory.

In 1090, I took Carthage:

At the end of the turn, I am at 63%. During the inter-turn, a few cultural borders expand, and:

:woohoo: [party] I won!
This is the power graph:

Quite dominating, huh?
Score goes from 0 to 5253, 0 being America, China, Korea and Mongols and 5253 being the Persians.
Lets hope you liked this game, my second in S&T!
Any comments? Something stupid I did, comments on the report itself, Nintendo tricks?

Well, as soon as I won the first battles with awesome RNG luck, everything was pretty safe. The power graph gives you a good idea of the evolution of the difficulty level during the game.

Top Bottom