How do i install custom leaderheads??

Not bad for your first approach ;) Although there could be more errors once these are solved. The first errors is probably caused by a missing closing tag (no </TEXT> or something) or a typo in the holyrome_civ4gametext.xml file. Don't stick to position 1, 1 in that file though. From your listings from the last time, I couldn't see any other problems besides of the > I already mentioned. Maybe another typo happened afterwards. I also had a strange problem with that file. There was some kind of forbidden character at the very beginning of the file. This happened, because I loaded the file from a tutorial. That was when I modded that file for the very first time. You could try to create a completely new file and copy the content of the buggy file into the new one. Rename the two files so that the new file gets the old name of the old file. If it works, the old file can be discarded. Still, I don't think this is your problem as the message you mentioned, doesn't say anything about invalid characters. I just mention this, because I'll go to bed after this post, so you can continue your work a little alone for a while. I will check this thread for news tomorrow.

This is a bit strange:

This is what I would have awaited to happen before you solved the second problem from my last post. Check whether there is still a typo or something.

For now, I wouldn't mind about the other errors for now. The may go once you solved the two mentioned above.

Thanks :) And I cant find a single thing wrong with my ArtDefines_LeaderHead folder. (if this helps) I put in the Belgian Empire in the same mod. If it would help I would send a Private Message to you for each of the files to see if they are right. And I couldnt find a "button" file in the folder that came with my Maria Theresa download. So would that be it? Let me know what would be best for you

Uh... even for me, my last post was bad english... Seems like it was really a bit too late for me yesterday.

Your artdefines is probably correct. At least, the game didn't complain about it so far considering your error reports.
According to this...
Tag: LEADER_MARIA_THERESA in Info class was incorrect Current XML file is: xml/Civilizations/CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml
... the game is looking for a leader called LEADER_MARIA_THERESA in its leader database. That leader database is built up from LeaderheadInfos, not artdefines_leaderhead. The former is about the leaders properties like name and traits and so on, while the latter is only about the leaders arts as you probably figured out already. Of course, the former refers to the latter, but the game doesn't reach this point yet. There are several possible reasons for this. I'd guess that you still have a typo in one of the lines I highlighted in red in a previous post. It would be enough if you only missed a letter to cause an error like this. Alternatively, it could be that the game didn't find your LeaderheadInfo file, thus the database doesn't contain an entry about it. As you get errors, the game loads your mod and if your LeaderheadInfo file is part of it (and it certainly is), it should take that file in consideration. Could be, that the needed schema file is not around or it has a name different from what is given in the LeaderheadInfo file, so check the LeaderheadInfo file again and see whether the schema file is in the same directory. But if this would be the case, I would await a different error message. So, all in all, I'd still favorize that there's a typo somewhere.

Another look at your files might help and of course, you could provide them via pm. On the other side, the content of the files might not be enough. Information about how you structured your mod (directories, which files did you include, what are the files exact names, where is which file located) would be helpful as well. This ways, I could also check whether there is a schema missing or misspelled in an xml. The main reason why I don't really want you to send me a pm at this point, is, that Napoleon might also learn from your case as his problems are similar to yours. You could post your files here as long as you don't want to keep your files secret. If that's not possible and if the problem resists, you can send me a pm nevertheless.

BTW: The button should not be a problem at the moment. For now, I would specify a valid path including an appropriate filename for it. The file you specify does not need to be present at the moment. This ways, it should load your mod without errors and you should be able to play it. The only problem it causes, is a magenta square where the button should be (civilopedia, screen where to choose the civ and the leader you like to play with, diplomacy screen). Alternatively, you could use a button of a different leader or unit or building as a temporary dummy. If I'd be you, I wouldn't care for the button at this point either.

FINALLY GUYS FINALLY I GOT IT WORKING... THE JEWISH HATING LUNATIC IS IN MY GAME!!!

It just happens that i didn't update my game to 3.19, i updated it and the _config.ini file came up, i set Modular Loading to 1 and everything got fixed... Cool3a2... I want to thank you for the tut you gave me, cause you helped me a lot... :)

No prob!

But one more question... How do i make sure i get multiple mods at the same time (how do i make sure that both Hitler and Mussolini are loaded at the same time?)

As you actually can't load more than one mod at once, you'd need to merge both mods into one. In case of modular mods, this should be rather easy. I'm basing this on my tutorial. There, we created a Germany directory to include Hitler, accordingly we have an Italy direcory for Mussolini in the other mod. All you'd need to do (theoretically) is copying the Italy folder with all its contents to where the Germany directory is. To ease merging mods is one benefit of modular modding. As nobody is making non-modular mods since BtS is out, most mods are now modular. But you will take care in case of vanilla or Warlords mod. There, they provide the full xmls, not only added or altered parts, so you'd have to check which entry you'll need and merge files. This can also be the case for modular mods that mod same files. For instance, if you'd merge a mod that adds a leaderhead for Germany and another with flavour unique units for Germany, both will mod Germany in the CivilizationInfos file (where you add the leader and specify Germanys unique units). So you'd have to take a look what has been changed and copy and paste it over. Again, if you Only want to have both, Mussolini and Hitler in the game at once, just copy the Italy folder as mentioned.

You like the bad guys, huh? This will lead you to an entry of civfanatics filedb about a package of RoM (Rise of Mankind) leaderheads containing a Lenin LH. As RoM v2.7 is outdated, you might take a look at the latest version here to see whether there are further improvements to Lenin. Also, CivGold might be worth a look - somewhwere, they've mentioned that they added a new version of Lenin to CivGold 5.0. There, you can also look up how they included the Lenin LH (XML). But be aware that at least RoM uses a different sort of modular modding, so there might be some differences in the XMLs. This, however, should not affect the art files, so you can simply search the folder with Lenins nif, kfm, textures and so on and include it into your mod.

Furthermore, this is a package containing only Lenin: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9521

Finally, as you maybe don't want to make a mod for every Lenin version to see how it looks like, I recommend you get nifskope and / or sceneviewer. The latter is part of some import scripts for 3dsmax [but is standalone, thus you don't need 3dsmax to run it], which should be linked in the tools section of the file db. Unfortunately, I don't have a link by hand and even if I would have, it could be that it wouldn't work for you depending on what kind of pc you have. I heard there are troubles with ATI graphics cards for instance. Anyways, nifskope should be easy to find via google, but won't tell you about shaders (some enlightment features of 3D art).

cool3a2: I stopped trying with Maria Theresa. I got a bigger problem with Vicky 2. Do you have that game, cause I need help :(

Victoria 2, I suppose? Nope, I don't have it. Not even played it and no clue how to mod it either. Sorry. I have EU3 though, which is from the same company AFAIK and from EU3 I know, that there are own forums for it. The same is surely true for Victoria 2. You should try to find help there. Not that your question is insulting or something, but this is the place where people are around that have a clue about how to mod civ4. If there is someone around here that could help you, he most probably won't see this. On a Victoria 2 forum, you'll surely find someone that can help you.

You like the bad guys, huh? This will lead you to an entry of civfanatics filedb about a package of RoM (Rise of Mankind) leaderheads containing a Lenin LH. As RoM v2.7 is outdated, you might take a look at the latest version here to see whether there are further improvements to Lenin. Also, CivGold might be worth a look - somewhwere, they've mentioned that they added a new version of Lenin to CivGold 5.0. There, you can also look up how they included the Lenin LH (XML). But be aware that at least RoM uses a different sort of modular modding, so there might be some differences in the XMLs. This, however, should not affect the art files, so you can simply search the folder with Lenins nif, kfm, textures and so on and include it into your mod.

Furthermore, this is a package containing only Lenin: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9521

Finally, as you maybe don't want to make a mod for every Lenin version to see how it looks like, I recommend you get nifskope and / or sceneviewer. The latter is part of some import scripts for 3dsmax [but is standalone, thus you don't need 3dsmax to run it], which should be linked in the tools section of the file db. Unfortunately, I don't have a link by hand and even if I would have, it could be that it wouldn't work for you depending on what kind of pc you have. I heard there are troubles with ATI graphics cards for instance. Anyways, nifskope should be easy to find via google, but won't tell you about shaders (some enlightment features of 3D art).

LOL!!! Yeah Lenin's an interesting character.... thanks for the links :)

Top Bottom