How do I install mods downloaded from Civfanatics?

Pwnzerfaust

Chieftain
I didn't play more than a few hours of Civ V, and never bothered with mods. Civ 4 was simple to install mods. I know how to install mods from Steam Workshop, but how do I install the mods that I downloaded from Civfanatics? I'm just a tad confused. I have no doubt it's ridiculously obvious but I missed something.

If they're .civbemod files, place them in the following directory:

Users/*you*/Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth/Mods/

Once you click "Mods" in game it will automatically extract and install the package.

If they're some other type of archive, you'll have to do it manually (it may even be possible to rename .zip and/or .7z files to .civbemod and let the game do it as that's all .civbemod files are in the first place).

Perfect, it worked! Thanks so much.

If they're .civbemod files, place them in the following directory:

Users/*you*/Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth/Mods/

Once you click "Mods" in game it will automatically extract and install the package.

If they're some other type of archive, you'll have to do it manually (it may even be possible to rename .zip and/or .7z files to .civbemod and let the game do it as that's all .civbemod files are in the first place).

What about the ones intended to be DLC mods? I tried the above with /Assets/DLC where you have /Mods, but that didn't seem to work.

/assets/DLC is in the BE program folder, typically:
Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\

If you don't have a 64-bit operating system, you'd leave out the "(x86)" part. If you installed Steam elsewhere, then it's in a similar folder wherever you installed Steam.

Top Bottom