How Do I Make a Permanent Civ?

Saskue

Chieftain
Okay, so I recently got Civilization IV and I know how to install mod packs... But say I download a new civilization mod and want that to be a permanent civilization in the game (BTS) How would I do that without needing to go through the process of just loading it as a mod? What I mean is how can I make it permanent as an actual civilization existing in the game? There might be a thread on this already if so then please direct me to it. If not answers would be appreciated, thanks. :)

First off I'll point you to the actual Mods forum ;) :

C&C

Second, Welcome to CFC!!! :banana: <----obligatory Dancing Banana welcomes you

Third, I'm not a modder myself so I don't know the full scope of what you need to do to add a Civ permanently. However, having gleaned a few things from using other mods, my guess is that you need to copy certain Civilization related Art and XML files into the Custom Assets folder and then edit in the new civ information to those XML files. If I'm not mistaken, those files will take precedence over the normal files in "Assets". You will need to mirror the same folder structure from Assets, but you don't need all folders and files, just the ones specific to the Civ related data and art.

Anyway, there's probably other inter-connect stuff. Post a question over on C&C and I'm sure they will get you setup in no time.

Top Bottom