How do I replace the default Civ4 terrain tileset with one from a mod?

Afterburner

Warlord
I have been playing Fall From Heaven 2 for quite some time. Long enough, in fact, that when I recently tried to start a game of un-modded Civ4, I was struck by how cartoonish the default Civ4 graphics were by comparison.

So I would like to make it so where, whenever I play a game of regular, un-modded Civ4, the game uses the FFH2 terrain tilesets.

Can anyone tell me how I can do this? Or point me at a link that explains it?

Thanks so much.

well, I do think FFH2 has many more tilesets than vanilla civ, so having all of them on un-modded civ I do believe would be impossible.

it would be much easier for you to just install bluemarble terrain, which is probably where they got their earth looking terrain anyways. I'd recommend only installing textures, most the other stuff is fairly annoying.

I have been playing Fall From Heaven 2 for quite some time. Long enough, in fact, that when I recently tried to start a game of un-modded Civ4, I was struck by how cartoonish the default Civ4 graphics were by comparison.

So I would like to make it so where, whenever I play a game of regular, un-modded Civ4, the game uses the FFH2 terrain tilesets.

Can anyone tell me how I can do this? Or point me at a link that explains it?

Thanks so much.

Just replace the selfsame named files in Assets/Art/Terrain/Textures.

Thanks, that might come it handy. Does the Blue Marble terrain look the same as the FFH2 terrain for any of you? On my computer, the Blue Terrain graphics are totally different than the FFH2 graphics. I wonder if I screwed something up?

Thanks, that might come it handy. Does the Blue Marble terrain look the same as the FFH2 terrain for any of you? On my computer, the Blue Terrain graphics are totally different than the FFH2 graphics. I wonder if I screwed something up?

Blue Marble is a different terrain set than the one used in FFH2. There's also Chuggi's improved graphics set, the one from Colonization, the one from the Viking scenario in Warlords, and the standard BTS.... that's all I know of at least.

I don't seem to have any such directory.

Under my Civ4/Assets/Art/Terrain/ directory, there's no folder whatsoever with the name "Textures".

Under my BTS/Assets/Art/Terrain/ directory, there's a folder named "PlotTextures", but it's only got three pictures in it, and two appear to be blank or transparent or all black.

you do have them actually, their all packed up inside a fpk file in the assets directory. If you unpack it with the PAK file builder you'll know what I mean. so basically just put the textures in the directory tsentom1 said and it'll work... for example, stuff like desertBLEND, desertGRIDS and desertDETAIL.dds's should all be inside the textures folder. If you don't have one then create it.

Top Bottom