How do you autocast?

Breunor

Deity
For those of us that haven't played Wildmana, auto-casting was added in patch i. I have a priest of leaves that I want to bloom non-stop. What sequence do I follow to activate this feature?

Thanks for any help!

Best wishes,

Breunor

You should see two icons for the spell when you select your priest. Click the 2nd one. You can verify that it's turned on as the unit will have get a new promotion icon that shows they are set to auto-cast. I believe that auto-cast happens at the beginning of your turn, so you won't see anything happen until the next turn.

Thanks Tholal. For some reason it is't working for me, I'm only getting one icon. I'm clearly using 0.41 i.

Here is a save game, my priests of leaves move and there is only one icon:

Best wishes,

Breunor

Attachments

• temp.CivBeyondSwordSave
    318.5 KB · Views: 39
The autocast system is int he game, but no spells are "autocastable". I played a few games with it turned on and it was more confusing/frustrating than it was helpful. I can see why some players love it, used correctly it can really take out the micro. But I dont think it is good for new players or the base game.

The autocast system is int he game, but no spells are "autocastable". I played a few games with it turned on and it was more confusing/frustrating than it was helpful. I can see why some players love it, used correctly it can really take out the micro. But I dont think it is good for new players or the base game.
What if you put it in as a game option that was disabled by default?

Thanks Kael, glad to know I'm not crazy! Maybe you should make a note in the changelog?)

Best wishes,

Breunor

Aw, and here I was hyping auto-casting to my gaming pals (we LAN occasionally).

What if there was one button (called autocast) that you could click. It could switch out all the regular spells with only the autocast ones. Clicking one of those would get the unit to casting. There would also need to be a non-autocast button to switch back/end autocast.
This way, new players would have only one extra button instead of a duplicate of every autocast spell. It would still be confusing-ish, but the entire magic system is kind of like that.

Top Bottom