1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Improvement] How do you create Improvements?

Discussion in 'CivBE - Modding Help & Mod Creation' started by Naeshar, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Naeshar

Naeshar Chieftain

Hello fellow Civfanatics!

I started modding a while ago and I enjoy it a lot. However I already hit limits in what can be done, and it is good.
    Except I cannot add an improvement without breaking UI and found no hint on the forums.

What I did: (actually I tested this with Machiavellis xml (a Mine duplicate) - thanks!)
    add improvement into Improvements table;
    entries in Improvement_ResourceTypes and Improvement_ResourceType_Yields;
    add build into Builds, Unit_Builds, BuildsonFeatures.

It works, the improvement is buildable, it is listed within civilopedia, but ...
    It broke the unit UI in left bottom corner. It disappeared, in other case it was a different row of builds that did not make any sense. But hotkeys for commands work. Is there anything more I must do to make a usable Improvement?
    Learn lua?
    Is there another xml table?

I appreciate any help :)
    Naeshar

2. Ryika

Ryika likes cookies and milk.

It's a known bug, adding UnitBuilds and UnitPromotions will force you to load mods twice by activating them, then going back to the Mod Menu and activating them again.

3. Naeshar

Naeshar Chieftain

I should have guessed it is something like that. I have seen the workaround, but never knew what is it related.
    And it did not work at my place. However at my mod it worked. Even though I need another 3 minutes for loading when testing :(.
    Is it needed to tick "reload landmark system/units/_"?

Anyway, big thanks, Ryika!

4. Ryika

Ryika likes cookies and milk.

No, those options are not required in this case.

Quick addition in case that wasn't clear: You only have to re-enable mods the first time after you launch the client, not everytime you go back to the main menu.