[Improvement] How do you create Improvements?

Naeshar

Prince
Hello fellow Civfanatics!

I started modding a while ago and I enjoy it a lot. However I already hit limits in what can be done, and it is good.
Except I cannot add an improvement without breaking UI and found no hint on the forums.

What I did: (actually I tested this with Machiavellis xml (a Mine duplicate) - thanks!)
add improvement into Improvements table;
entries in Improvement_ResourceTypes and Improvement_ResourceType_Yields;
add build into Builds, Unit_Builds, BuildsonFeatures.

It works, the improvement is buildable, it is listed within civilopedia, but ...
It broke the unit UI in left bottom corner. It disappeared, in other case it was a different row of builds that did not make any sense. But hotkeys for commands work. Is there anything more I must do to make a usable Improvement?
Learn lua?
Is there another xml table?

I appreciate any help :)
Naeshar

It's a known bug, adding UnitBuilds and UnitPromotions will force you to load mods twice by activating them, then going back to the Mod Menu and activating them again.

I should have guessed it is something like that. I have seen the workaround, but never knew what is it related.
And it did not work at my place. However at my mod it worked. Even though I need another 3 minutes for loading when testing :(.
Is it needed to tick "reload landmark system/units/_"?

Anyway, big thanks, Ryika!

No, those options are not required in this case.

Quick addition in case that wasn't clear: You only have to re-enable mods the first time after you launch the client, not everytime you go back to the main menu.

Top Bottom