How do you go round a corner in an automatic car?

What is the problem?

• Samson cannot drive

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Autos cannot be driven

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Everyone should drive giant death robots (aka self driving cars)

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
Obviously it is not the same an 1.6 like and a 5.7. it is another world in fact. But most small engines should accelerate uphill with not issues. Problem normally is people tend to drive his cars at way too low rpms. The optimal regime for gasoline engines is usually around 4000 rpm, and for diesel 3000 rpm. Driving at 1500 rpm leads to poor torque, lots of dirt in manifold and valves, and even general damage to the engine, specially if it is turbocharged, as small displacement engines use to be. And btw fuel consumption is not that better either.

Fuel efficiency is a lot higher at 3k rpm than 1.5k.

Spoiler Rant :
Grams per kilowatt hour? What sort of a unit is that? Does that not all basically divide out (with energy content of fuel)? Could they not have just used percent?
Dont know how that graph is done, probably while the engine is working at constant speed, but in real life if you usually drive at too low regime, you will also try accelerate at too low regime, which will make consumption skyrocket and the engine to drown itself in fuel, not giving the expected performance and also causing a lot of problems in the long run. If you are interested in the topic i recommend to buy a Bluetooth ODB dongle (there are some acceptable ones for ten bucks) to read your car's ECU and install Torque or another similar app in your cellphone, that way you will be able to see true consumption in real time and lots of graphs and such, among countless other parameters.

Obviously it is not the same an 1.6 like and a 5.7. it is another world in fact. But most small engines should accelerate uphill with not issues. Problem normally is people tend to drive his cars at way too low rpms. The optimal regime for gasoline engines is usually around 4000 rpm, and for diesel 3000 rpm. Driving at 1500 rpm leads to poor torque, lots of dirt in manifold and valves, and even general damage to the engine, specially if it is turbocharged, as small displacement engines use to be. And btw fuel consumption is not that better either.

An issue that's common for me to run into in hills is to get behind a truck which slows down a lot on uphill climbs. My car lacks the power to pass that truck in a safe manner before I run out of room to do so. There just isn't enough acceleration, no matter how far I downshift.

if auto is working properly, you slow down enough that your tires won't fail you on the turn, then you reach the turn and turn your wheel.

stay in drive the whole time, and i guess don't randomly floor the gas in the middle of a turn, and it won't be a problem even for ~20-25 year old automatic vehicles. unless they're not working properly for some reason.

Top Bottom