How do you move units to second continent?

planetfall

Emperor
It's been anonying how long it takes to move a tank from primary land mass/continent to second. When moving across water, it can take up to 12 turns. I'm tryng to learn how to use airlifts. But I haven't found a good method to get airport built quickly on 2nd continent. Do you just suck it up, or have a different method?

Do you just suck it up,
If you are trying to move units, pretty much. You can always find ways to produce new units on the second continent though. I don't know what type of game you are playing, but if you are doing domination, the Grand Master's Chapel is always a must because it allows you to buy units with faith.

Or have a certain governor (Reyna) with the Contractor promotion transfer there. Which I did in my current game :mischief:

Last edited:
Play as Gitarja (Indonesia) and build a chain of UU Jong ships and use their Formation capability to transfer land units across the ocean quickly. It takes work to set it up but once you have it, it's amazing. The Jong is crazy good just as an early naval attack unit as well.

The good news is that corps and armies swim (travel embarked) just as fast as single units. In my recent games, I join them up on my main land mass, then send them across the sea where they're needed. With late game techs, embarked units can travel more than 4 tiles per turn, once they're in the water. The less good news is that on standard sized maps, with continents, it may still take 4-5 turns to move a tank army from one land mass to the other.

Not knocking the ideas for "build them with faith on the other land mass" or "levy form a CS", but a lot will depend on the size of the army that you need. CS are not known for having 4-6 advanced units, each.

Not knocking the ideas for "build them with faith on the other land mass" or "levy form a CS", but a lot will depend on the size of the army that you need. CS are not known for having 4-6 advanced units, each.

@t118 standard speed, CS Geneva has 19 military units:
  • catapults x8
  • crossbowman x1
  • charriot x1
  • warriors x3
  • archer x1
  • field canon x1 (play upgraded)
  • cuirassier x1 (play upgraded)
  • crossbowman x2 (player upgraded)
  • swordsmen x1 (player upgraded)
14 Units.jpg
5 Units.jpg

My land military count at 93 units, one single CS has roughly 1/5 of the army I have:
93 units.jpg

the AIs tech situation:
AI tech speed.jpg

There are some who laugh at dreamers. Yet, there are dreamers who make ideas into reality.

With continents map, early scouting (triple scouts or 1 change builder) of the overall map is needed to make proper decisions in classical.
Tanks being stuck on homeland and trying to take out the leader on the other continent (either culture or domination or science), it's already back-paddling situation.
Better set up from turn 1 will help avoid this dilemma.

Last edited:
How do you get the extra tabs on the reports screen?
What are your create city settings? or is this by having greater access to other civs.

Tabs you have that I don't see are: cities, deals, units, policies, minors, cities.
That is a ton of deal I have never seen, and would like to see.

How do you get the extra tabs on the reports screen?
What are your create city settings? or is this by having greater access to other civs.

Tabs you have that I don't see are: cities, deals, units, policies, minors, cities.
That is a ton of deal I have never seen, and would like to see.
Better Report Screen Mod by Infixo... one of the best mods really

That is a good mod. I was curious what the little green exclamation points were after some of my city names (using the mod). It turns out they're sewers, or they could be that that city had grown enough to be able to build a new district.

I like @Airey's naming cities for specific purposes too. I just name my cities to a theme, like Intel processor code names (Klamath, Coppermine etc) or Indian curry dishes. His method seems a lot more utilitarian than mine.

Top Bottom