How do you name your cities?

Micromanagement is what makes this game fun!
Yes it is. But MM is not always needed in every city. New cities for example can be fine with a build queue (hammers, nearby resources, ancient customs) and the occasional glance in the Domestic Advisor (happy, healthy, crime, disease, education) to insert a critical building in the queue.
I often MM two or three cities while the rest is humming along nicely.

At 50 you have basically won the game
Indeed.
One trick is to not be a war monger (and to not expand fast). I stopped declaring war, it is too easy to win like this. And if declared, then I allow myself to capture one city (and not raze any!). I also provide neighbours with strategic resources.

Or going for the entire Tech Tree
I have not passed Renaissance in years.... :-/

I have not passed Renaissance in years.... :-/
It's strange for me.
I certainly recall going as far as Sea Tunnels, which is quite high-tech, on Pit's Earth map with all 40 civs (which means a rather slow game).
But when I tried a quick run on it recently, I got bored around Medieval, so I'm wondering how I managed to play for long enough before.
Weird, in a certain way, lol.
You did just give me a small wish to try yet another such run (on Ultrafast AND Nightmare, or whatever the max diff name is), loool.

I usually play as Rome, and I like to add lesser known Roman cities names or use a specific name in a more context appropriate setting - ie Ostia on a river estuary, Leptis Magna for a desert oasis, etc.

Top Bottom