[NFP] How does Ba Treiu's agenda work?

megabearsfan

Prince
I've yet to play against an A.I. Ba Trieu, and I'm curious about a few aspects of how her leader agenda works. According to the Civ VI wiki, her agenda is "Defender of the Homeland" and it is described as follows:
Likes civilizations that have never declared war on Vietnam, hates those who have. Her opinion decreases further each turn the war progresses, and this decreased opinion never decays.

Here's my questions:
1.) Does her hatred of leaders who declare war on her take the form of the usual red/green diplo modifiers, or does it manifest as grievances? If its grievances, it would be "public", right? Which would potentially cause other civs to dislike you for having caused grievances.
In either case, I'm sure she probably still denounces you every chance she gets, which still leads to other leaders potentially disliking you because you've been denounced. I'm wondering if declaring war on her is going to be permanent diplomatic suicide with all the other A.I.s.

2.) Does her decreased opinion of you only apply if you were the one who declared war? So if she declares war on you, and the war drags on, will she still hate you forever?

1: It does not appear as Grievances. It's the usual Diplo modifiers, it decreases every turn you are at War with each other, and it never decays. Basically, she holds grudges more seriously than Isaac Newton.

2: It only counts if you are the one who has declared War on her. The wording says it all.

Thanks, Duke. That's how I was assuming it worked, but I wanted to make sure before I wound up in an actual game with her.
You're welcome.

In either case, I'm sure she probably still denounces you every chance she gets, which still leads to other leaders potentially disliking you because you've been denounced.

No, it's the exact opposite effect. Denouncing you generates grievances against them, so people will like her less.

I've allied her every game I've seen her though.

Top Bottom