How have you tweaked the game?

Common Sensei

Warlord
What tweaks have you made to the game (music, cosmetic, gameplay, etc.) to adjust it to your liking? Besides adjustments to diplomacy music, this is currently my favorite tweak to the American UU:

I used the United States Marine Corps unit graphics pack for it.

I made Churchill Phil/Ind.

Removed global warming.

how did you do that ?

Post Edit: by the way, I'd like to see a mod where ice cap become tundra and tundra become plains...as a global warming effect... (and why not tundra become grassland ?)

And BUG mod is my only tweak to the game so far. I would put tech conquest mod if it was more polish.

I changed the favorite civics of many of the leaders, moved double production speeds around, and inflated Montezuma's aggresion level even higher just for the hell of it :)

Hmm.. I still have to see Bts to its very end but since now I find that Carriers have insanely low plane space. 3 units for a modern carrier is ridicolous ( despiting a plane means a " squadron " ). In addition I am evaluating to enable them to carry also bombers.

I still have to dig out modern ships but AFAIK they are in needing of a slight tweak,above all cruisers and their stealth counterpart.

In addition I will enable attack submarines to carry 6 missiles and their strenght will be increased by around 30%.

I'll let you know

These are my tweaks:

1. 10% increase in units's hammer cost for each already existing unit (iInstanceCostModifier=10). Example: the 1st mech infantry costs 200 hammers, the 2nd 220, the 3rd 240, etc.
  2. Max 10 Spies allowed at a time.
  3. Max 3 CEOs allowed at at a time (this cap was removed by 3.13, I just reinsted it).
  4. Renamed "Praetorian" to "Legionary".
  5. Renamed "Phalanx" to "Hoplite".
  6. Changed Frederick's diplo music: he now has the Hohenfriedberger March, a military march Frederick himself composed.
  7. Made Baba Yetu the opening score.

These are my tweaks:

1. 10% increase in units's hammer cost for each already existing unit (iInstanceCostModifier=10). Example: the 1st mech infantry costs 200 hammers, the 2nd 220, the 3rd 240, etc.

Shouldn't things be cheaper as you make more of them as in RL? (take PC's for instance) or were you increasing cost for another reason?

Shouldn't things be cheaper as you make more of them as in RL? (take PC's for instance) or were you increasing cost for another reason?

I changed that merely for gameplay reasons. But if you want a "real-life" justification for that, I think it's not hard to find: armies should become increasingly more expensive as they grow larger -- and not just in terms of maintenance, but in terms of production too, for larger armies consume increasingly more resources. Still, my tweak has an odd consequence: if you have tons of cavalry but not many tanks, cavalry might become more expensive than tanks! This may be unrealistic, but at least it penalises players who don't produce varied stacks.

I turned on Tsunami...:crazyeye:

Not really a tweak, but I installed the Blue marble graphics mod.

I have done the following:

- removed global warming
- airship scouting only
- carrier carries 5 fighters + proportional increase in carrier cost
- transport carries 6 units + proportional increase in transport cost
- Nuke now more effective, units and buildings have higher chance of being destroyed
- nuke more expensive to maintain

Top Bottom