• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

[modmodmod] The Sword of Islam Reborn

Nice ! Do you have the new upscaled XMLs for _Maps and _CityNameManager ? So that I can start to work on these
You would need to merge the current maps and citynamemanagers...IIRC, the citynamemanager is DrLoboto's with the western 15 tiles missing, most of that could be copied from the current one in the mod. With the province maps, it's the current one in the mod with the provinces stretched to accommodate the new parts...you could merge the one already in the mod with DrLoboto's.

Attachments

• SoIRPython.rar
    50.3 KB · Views: 3
@DrLoboto I'm really enjoying your mod so far, though I was wondering why a bunch of cities in central Asia Minor secede from the Byzantines when the Ottomans spawn. Was that something you added in, or did I mess up somehow?

@DrLoboto I'm really enjoying your mod so far, though I was wondering why a bunch of cities in central Asia Minor secede from the Byzantines when the Ottomans spawn. Was that something you added in, or did I mess up somehow?

No that's definitely intentional. If I'm remembering my reasoning correctly, it's because 1) the Ottomans would often spawn facing a massively, ahistorically powerful and unified Byzantine empire that would royally kick their asses, and 2) AI Karaman would almost never spawn organically so I made central Anatolia flip to Independents so it would reliably flip to Karaman after. Honestly, I probably nerfed AI Byzantium a bit too much. These flips were totally survivable as player Byzantium last I played, but that's certainly in part because I of course knew about them, and to be fair I haven't played as the Byzantines in a while.

No that's definitely intentional. If I'm remembering my reasoning correctly, it's because 1) the Ottomans would often spawn facing a massively, ahistorically powerful and unified Byzantine empire that would royally kick their asses, and 2) AI Karaman would almost never spawn organically so I made central Anatolia flip to Independents so it would reliably flip to Karaman after. Honestly, I probably nerfed AI Byzantium a bit too much. These flips were totally survivable as player Byzantium last I played, but that's certainly in part because I of course knew about them, and to be fair I haven't played as the Byzantines in a while.
Thanks for letting me know. I'm really liking your version, but I don't think I'll put that specific element into SoIR (if GregFred ever comes back to finish it), in part because I'm a Byzantophile, and in part, because I think that the Byzantines should at least have the ability to keep those cities if they build up a strong defense the way they can keep the cities that would otherwise flip to the Turk.

Top Bottom