Votes: 21 6.3%
  • 501 to 700 hours

Votes: 29 8.7%
  • 701 to 900 hours

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • 901+ hours

Votes: 48 14.4%

• Total voters
6hrs, according to Steam. Long enough for me to decide I didn't like the game. Decided it wasn't worth wasting my time trying to "make" the game be fun and went back to Civ IV. Instantly started having fun in Civ IV vanilla. Go figure.

Played around 250 hours. 50 single player, 200 multiplayer. Almost same ratio than civ4.

It took me around 150 hours to finally give up on the game (I am a very stubborn player - should have quit with 50 hours). Shame on you, Sid Meier...

I have the Witcher sitting there and staring at me, but I'm confused with the controls....so I just start another CiV.

I'm actually playing that right now. The game starts with a tutorial and walks you through the controls, it's easy enough to pick up. You get used to it fast.

Although this is a very interesting poll it is hard to interpret anything statistically since the class widths (hours) are different to each other.
I mean it would be nice to know what the "median-civer" is or if this follows a normal distribution (perhaps its got more than one hump)

290 btw :D

361 hours of hell, misery, anguish, disgust, profanity, sadness, disbelief, self-pity... God, what is wrong with me?

361 hours of hell, misery, anguish, disgust, profanity, sadness, disbelief, self-pity... God, what is wrong with me?

I dont know whats wrong with you why would you play a game that long that you did not like?

I've notched up 114 hours thus far. I only started playing a few days before Christmas, so that's not that bad. Actually, that's a worrying number of hours/day...

wow im suprised so many of you have played over 400hrs, you must like really simple games that lack depth.

Moderator Action: Trolling
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Oh come on, not this again. That's not even a funny bad joke anymore, just plain annoying.

I voted 111-130, but that's only because I have been playing a lot of super smash brawl and battleforge lately.

got about 80 hours and when the hype went off i restarted playing civ 4 and never looked back

I have 638 hours. Some of that is the machine sitting idle while I do family things. I had to think a couple of times before posting this, since I do not need to be attacked for my gaming habits and this section of the forum has become an extremely unwelcoming place to my observation. But I do like the game and someone has to speak up for it now and then. Supposedly, this is my forum, too.

Please, enjoy what you enjoy, and I will do the same.

228 and I've only completed seven games yet - It seems I'm a very slow player when it comes to civ 5 ;).

Steam says 547 and I have played 2 long games and gave up on a third game 3 times since Nov 6th. I like huge maps and have put up reloading the game 3 times/turn just to get through late game freezes. Did the question include the time it takes for my computer to "flush" the game and "reload" the game?

Perhaps I underestimated my hours. I play on a laptop and I'm not sure that Steam logs the time played should my wireless cut out during the game.

85 hours. Stupid game had to not start at all for months until I disabled my antivirus.

This is kinda depressing. I like Steam, but I hate it since everytime I play a game I realize how much of a no-life I am. Although I am with the majority with 151 to 200 hours, it still is kinda depressing.

256 hours. Ouch!

I have stopped playing this disappointing game though.

Top Bottom