How many people will play CIV-GOTM01 ?

I'm gonna give it a go. I tried to start a few of the Civ3 GOTM's but I never finished any of them. Hopefully I'll be able to get through all the way.

Have never played a GOTM before, never even knew it existed, but I intend to start with the first Civ IV GOTM.

I do have a question though. When we play it, do we just submit the final save, or do we publish our turns like in a Succession Game?

As the patch is not release, the c-iv GOTM 01 will be delayed!
I would like to use a chart in order peole answer the question:
Would you play c-iv GOTM 01 ?
Possible anwser : yes, no, Maybe

Then, we will abe to compared when the result of the first C4-GOTM will be posted ?
But I do not know how to di it ?

LeSphinx

I'll play, if the difficulty isn't too hard (which I assume will not be the case with the first GOTM). Currently I can't even win on Noble, I can defend myself and keep my empire running up to the end but I simply can't win.

Pie-es-Tasty said:
Have never played a GOTM before, never even knew it existed, but I intend to start with the first Civ IV GOTM.

I do have a question though. When we play it, do we just submit the final save, or do we publish our turns like in a Succession Game?

Assuming that it's the same set-up as the Civ 3 GOTMs, to take part you just have to submit your final save. However there will be a series of threads where people can report their game, SG style, if they wish. With the Civ3 games, I found making notes for the report actually improved my play. Also reading how the top scorers managed their incredible scores isalways a learning experience :) .

I'm in. Although if the patch and game come in before 12/1, I may be doing a late start ...

Ill be playing it. It will be my first time playing a GOTM ever but sounds like fun. Currently im trying to download this patch but at this rate its going to take a few lifetimes.

You dont think kicking my computer a couple times will make it go faster will you ;) j/k.

I'll play. But my video card makes it so I have to have all the terrain revealed so I won't be able to submit my score

I'm in. Lowest scoring mod is still worth fighting for. I'm in with a good chance - unless Matrix appears..... :p

I would like to play, especially since v1.09 just fixed the yield display problem for me.

However, I'm concerned that those of us with poorer video cards will have an unfair advantage over others - since we can still see floodplains through the fog (and hence know the location of rivers).

Not a biggie, but just thought the staff should be aware that this problem still exists for some of us.

EDIT: I've just realised I'm about to be lynched by 100+ GOTM-hungry monsters, so i'm off!!! :eek:

I'm in! Not played one since Civ2 as Civ3 never really sucked me in. Liking 4 a lot though so far :D

I am in too. I have never finished a GOTM, my finished games have always taken me 3 to 9 months. Will there be a QSC? The BC years is the most enjoyable part of the game, IMO.

You can count me in. Loooong time player, first time GotMer. Well, I will be once it starts of course...

Since overall play time seems to be reduced, I'll have a go as well.
I'll keep a log of my actions until 1000 BC, regardless of an official QSC or not.

Top Bottom