• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

How much discount do AIs get to upgrade units?

alpha wolf 64

Byte me
Recently was fighting a multi front war. My damaged GWI were facing healthy rifleman, and my artillery was a few turns behind. So i check the AI economy (0 gold and negative per turn) so I figured that I could afford to wait a few turns. When I launched the attack a few turns later, all theose rifles were now GWI. with no resources left for trade, i doubt that they sold any for cash, so were did they get the money to upgrade?

Recently was fighting a multi front war. My damaged GWI were facing healthy rifleman, and my artillery was a few turns behind. So i check the AI economy (0 gold and negative per turn) so I figured that I could afford to wait a few turns. When I launched the attack a few turns later, all theose rifles were now GWI. with no resources left for trade, i doubt that they sold any for cash, so were did they get the money to upgrade?

They pulled it out of their ***. AI does that a whole lot. Supposedly it's to make them competitive with the human player, but in cases like you pointed out, it certainly is fricking annoying.

According to the CIV5HandicapsInfo.xml, the AI get a 50% discount at (virtually?) all levels. The displays of their treasury & GPT includes adjustments for what they are willing to trade with you.

Whether they can actually convert science/production/culture to gold to provide upgrades, ... I do not know. Perhaps they are bullying CS?

Top Bottom