How much time would you want to take a Civ game ?

How much time for a Civ game ??

• 1-2 hours

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-5 hours

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • 7-8 hours ( in the same day - mean no much stress )

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • 7-8 hours ( with some breaks )

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • 12-16 hours

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • 20-24 hours

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • More ... ( even a 40 hrs. during a whole week )

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters

Mîtiu Ioan

Deity
Now the moment of truth !!

I read many posts with suggestions - but one fact in essential in my opinion - time needed to play a game.
Some suggestions posts here will result in a game which will take weeks to end so I belive that Firaxis team-programmmer need to know aproximatively how much time will enjoy the players for one game for starting implement some suggestions ( and of course drop others ;) ).

The question assumed a standard dimmension of map, 7-10 civs. I think that for each dimension up or down will applies a coeficient of 40-60% time.

I also assume that only 15-20 saves for game is strictely needed - especially in the first phases of the game.

I aslo assume the "recomended" configuration.

Personally I spend two times 5-6 hrs. for a game in such conditions - this is good for me - I will check anyway option "7-8 hrs. with breaks".

I'm waiting your options ...

Regards,

P.S. : This is almost a "marketing study" so probably will be nice to have a "Firaxian" here also ... :)

I also spend 7-8 hours on the setup you describe...

Sometimes it takes longer though.

Is there some fairly simple adjustment that could be made to the rules to give either "short" or "long" games? I think that's be really impressive - if during the game-setup a player could choose how long the game will probably last, more or less independently of difficulty level or map size.

Yes,I admit,a game of mine can take 40+hours,I only play huge maps,since I expect to get more out of the game that way.Love exploring,love settling and like living on a continent with several other civs a few thousand years to find out that another seven civs live across the ocean,this then enhances the game more. Suddenly trade gets a boost,wars break out etc. It´s fun.
As for it taking 40+hours,I don´t mind,think it´s cool,problem is that life isn´t so forgiving and won´t always let one. :(

It´s good to have that option though so 40+ rules :)

It usually takes me 5-6 hours to play a game of civ 3 this is with no breaks and don't usually play large maps. Any longer than this and i think a game becomes more of a lifestyle and not just a game.The other thing I sometimes do is use the quick start mode but this is not always a good thing.Especially for the die-hard players who use the same old strategies every game.

Originally posted by SS_StuGIIIG
Any longer than this and i think a game becomes more of a lifestyle and not just a game.

I agree with you.
In fact this was the purpose of my message - I want just a exciting, interesting game - not a lifestyle program !!

Regards,

Originally posted by Mîtiu Ioan

I agree with you.
In fact this was the purpose of my message - I want just a exciting, interesting game - not a lifestyle program !!

Regards,

So spread your playing out more! I play usually 20-40+ hours per game, but I probably only average 1-2 hours a day when I'm playing.

Top Bottom