Votes: 10 10.6%
  • whenever I lose an important unit

Votes: 37 39.4%
  • whenever I make a horrible mistake

Votes: 36 38.3%
  • I NEVER reload

Votes: 11 11.7%

• Total voters
There is one option missing in the poll...
I reload whenever my ffh 2 crushes (crashes?). And still hate to do so, cause i hate redoing the same things over.

Crashes can be crushing... :)

Exactly. That is what I said as well.
There is no cheating in SP, so I reload each and every bad event.
Although once I plaid FF as the scions and got 5 of those 10 turns unhappy events in a row. Starting on turn 1.
50 turns of :(

I kept it, and still won. Good times...

I have to say I agree with whoever said this is not "real" playing. It's easy mode. You might as well play on Chieftain.

when i lose an important unit ...

.. or when an orc with strength 8 appears next to my cultural borders within first 25 turns ... but, if you lose the whole game and load initial save, does it count as reload ? :D

i re-load until i see some coast and river WITHOUT TUNDRA (no dead-zone for me).

i stop re-loading once a game begins, but i may re-roll my start for an hour or more if i have to.

I think most people have reloaded when for example losing a hero that had 90%+ chance to win.

However playing on a really high difficulty level and reloading every time somenthing doesnt go your way is really contradictive. And not a very interesting play session if nothing ever goes wrong.

I used to play like this when i was playing civ 1 in my teens and I told myself I was power-gaming and would not accept defeat when i attacked. But I realized i wasnt really playing the game as it was intended and gradually stopped, and got alot more out of the experience.

And please dont tell people you beat the game on a certain difficulty level if you used this tactic... :/

I have to say I agree with whoever said this is not "real" playing. It's easy mode. You might as well play on Chieftain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_scotsman

No one likes getting screwed over by a random mishap. I will say that I've played through a bit of bad luck from time to time and enjoyed it nonetheless. Sometimes it's fun to have my Donal Lugh be killed while besieging Dis.

Top Bottom