How often do you reload?

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by Llewen, Mar 26, 2010.

?

How often do you reload?

1. whenever I get a bad result

10 vote(s)
    10.6%
  2. whenever I lose an important unit

37 vote(s)
    39.4%
  3. whenever I make a horrible mistake

36 vote(s)
    38.3%
  4. I NEVER reload

11 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Llewen

Llewen Warlord

Crashes can be crushing... :)

2. Vonreuter

Vonreuter Warlord

I have to say I agree with whoever said this is not "real" playing. It's easy mode. You might as well play on Chieftain.

3. arcticnightwolf

arcticnightwolf Emperor

when i lose an important unit ...

.. or when an orc with strength 8 appears next to my cultural borders within first 25 turns ... but, if you lose the whole game and load initial save, does it count as reload ? :D

4. thadian

thadian Kami of Awakened Dreamers

i re-load until i see some coast and river WITHOUT TUNDRA (no dead-zone for me).

i stop re-loading once a game begins, but i may re-roll my start for an hour or more if i have to.

5. Bamsha01

Bamsha01 Chieftain

I think most people have reloaded when for example losing a hero that had 90%+ chance to win.

However playing on a really high difficulty level and reloading every time somenthing doesnt go your way is really contradictive. And not a very interesting play session if nothing ever goes wrong.

I used to play like this when i was playing civ 1 in my teens and I told myself I was power-gaming and would not accept defeat when i attacked. But I realized i wasnt really playing the game as it was intended and gradually stopped, and got alot more out of the experience.

And please dont tell people you beat the game on a certain difficulty level if you used this tactic... :/

6. PotatoSamurai

PotatoSamurai ChooseReligion enthusiast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_scotsman

No one likes getting screwed over by a random mishap. I will say that I've played through a bit of bad luck from time to time and enjoyed it nonetheless. Sometimes it's fun to have my Donal Lugh be killed while besieging Dis.