How Stupid Can I Be?

Convict

Warlord
I have recently been playing as Poland, so for a change decided to play as Pacal.

Time for a vote at the world congress and one of the options was to embargo the Maya. I thought that was a good idea - forgetting who I was playing as- and voted in favour of it

Needless to say, it passed on my vote and I have been trying to reverse it since.....:blush:

A long time ago, I had a game where England was the host of the World Congress. Another vote came up, and I decided to vote for someone else (I was nowhere near the lead), and voted accordingly to make him host instead.

Unfortunately, the vote was not for the host, but for the world leadership itself.

Imagine my shock when I got the screen saying I had lost the game.

A long time ago, I had a game where England was the host of the World Congress. Another vote came up, and I decided to vote for someone else (I was nowhere near the lead), and voted accordingly to make him host instead.

Unfortunately, the vote was not for the host, but for the world leadership itself.

Ouch! :)

I sometimes wish they'd implimented the thing from MOO where after the galactic senate elected a leader you could 'refuse to accept' the vote: but then every other player in the game immediately formed a super-group-alliance and declared endless war-to-the-death on you, so that your only hope of winning the game at that point was to eliminate the vermin infesting the galaxy.

I have recently been playing as Poland, so for a change decided to play as Pacal.

Time for a vote at the world congress and one of the options was to embargo the Maya. I thought that was a good idea - forgetting who I was playing as- and voted in favour of it

Needless to say, it passed on my vote and I have been trying to reverse it since.....:blush:

Sounds like something I'd do. Especially after a few beers.

That's not as dumb as something I did:
Concluding war with the Maya in a game of mine, I decided that I wanted to gouge them for all the money they had if they wanted to survive.

So I clicked the option to put all 800 gold into the peace deal.

It was only after Pacal accepted my deal as generous that I realized I had given my entire treasury (all 800 gold) to the enemies I had just crushed rather than demand theirs.

I get that a lot especially with the popup menu at proposals, so I've learned to double and triple check before I commit :p

You guys do realize that auto-save is your friend right? :)

Set to every 2 turns and mis-clicks aren't the end of the world.

You guys do realize that auto-save is your friend right? :)

Set to every 2 turns and mis-clicks aren't the end of the world.

Yes, I do realize that and have used it. And in that game I did. I was just sharing something stupid I did.

HA i did something similar - i play the english frequently

I was playing venice, world leader vote came up and i was so used to playing england that i voted for them.

It was actually a shock that game to see the english leader screen in game :)

@OP

That's funny man :lol: Hope you can remove that embargo soon. ;)

Yet, so funny and I'm still laughing :D

Top Bottom