How to alter/replace/update existing Leaders and Civilizations?

Zohar Abu

Chieftain
Hello. I did a lit of bit of modding for Civ 5 a really long time ago, and forgot everything I learned. I hope some experience modder can help me with this question.

How to I alter the name of a leader that is already in the game? And how do I replace the name of the countries and cities? I dont want to create a new civ. I want to alter the civs that exist in the game.

Im using SDK, ModBuddy and Notepad++

An example:

<GameData>
<BaseGameText>
<Update>
<Where LeaderType="LEADER_PEDRO"/>
<Set Name="Dom Pedro"/>
</Update>
</BaseGameText>
</GameData>

This is me trying to alter Pedro II name without success. I updated my files in the FrontEnd and In-Game Actions but nothing happened. What I am doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

In-text modifications <Update> does not work, try Replace instead, example:

Code:
 <Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_LISBON_NAME">
      <Text>Macau</Text>
    </Replace>

Also, you have to find the right Tag, which in your case is LOC_LEADER_PEDRO_NAME

It worked! You are a legend, good sr!

By the way, I've read your tutorial yesterday. Learned a lot, but SQL is a bit complicated for me at the moment. Im VERY rusty as you can see by my noob question before. I cant thank you enough tho and I apreciate the quick response. I was getting very frustrated to be honest.

Viva Portugal! (sou brasileiro)

Something weird happened when I replaced the names using this method. Some of the DLC changed their language to pt_BR by themselves. When I noticed this I tried to add "Language en_US" and/or Language pt_BR at the end of the Remove Row but that made the mod stop working alltogether and didnt fix the language problem.

What is causing this? How can I prevent and fix this? The funny thing is that only a few items changed to portuguese, others stayed in english. In some cases it changed the name of the country, in others the unique unit, and in other cases the unique building. And its not happening with every country, only with some of them, maybe half. I dont know why.

Another exemple of the code:

<GameData>
<BaseGameText>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_PEDRO_NAME">
<Text>Dom Pedro</Text>
</Replace>
</BaseGameText>
</GameData>

Im suspecting I have to change the <BaseGameText> syntax to some other thing? Something like <LocalizedText> maybe? Or maybe Im forgetting to add an action somewhere in the properties. Im not sure, and I dont know the right replacement or where to look.

Raen, can you help? Or someone else experienced with localizations/translations can please help?

Last edited:
I was trying to fix the issue above and I found another problem. How do I change the name of a country that has 2 leaders like India? If I replace the name, it would replace for both and I dont want that. I want to change Chandragupta to Pakistan while Gandhi remains with India.

<GameData>
<BaseGameText>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_INDIA_NAME">
<Text>Pakistan</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_INDIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Pakistan</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_INDIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Pakistani</Text>
</Replace>
</BaseGameText>
</GameData>

This is the first step but something is missing in order to make this only apply to Chandragupta. What do I have to add to the code?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just started modding Civ 6 and Im kind of lost. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Something weird happened when I replaced the names using this method. Some of the DLC changed their language to pt_BR by themselves. When I noticed this I tried to add "Language en_US" and/or Language pt_BR at the end of the Remove Row but that made the mod stop working alltogether and didnt fix the language problem.

What is causing this? How can I prevent and fix this? The funny thing is that only a few items changed to portuguese, others stayed in english. In some cases it changed the name of the country, in others the unique unit, and in other cases the unique building. And its not happening with every country, only with some of them, maybe half. I dont know why.

Another exemple of the code:

<GameData>
<BaseGameText>
<Text>Dom Pedro</Text>
</Replace>
</BaseGameText>
</GameData>

Im suspecting I have to change the <BaseGameText> syntax to some other thing? Something like <LocalizedText> maybe? Or maybe Im forgetting to add an action somewhere in the properties. Im not sure, and I dont know the right replacement or where to look.

Raen, can you help? Or someone else experienced with localizations/translations can please help?

I came across this, I believe you have some bug in your modifications, try to see logs for errors (in my tut I show you how to get logs)

Thanks Raen, I will check for bugs in the logs.

Sorry to abuse, but what about the other question? Is it possible to split the leaders and make 2 different Civilizations? In the case of Greece, India, France and America. I was trying to replace one with a new civ while the other remains with the original. Gorgo - Romania, Pericles - Greece, Chandragupta - Pakistan, Gandhi - India, Catherine - Austria, Catherine - France, Teddy - Argentina, Teddy - America.

I have no idea where to start.

Wow! Thats a great tool! Thanks. I will definitely check it out.

But how do I learn from other mods if I cant see their code? When I download a mod, all I can see is the modinfo and some other things. I cant see what I have to change.

Thank you for your time! For real. I really appreciate it.

I still have A LOT of questions but I feel that Im slowly learning how to do things. Im going to re-read the tutorials and Im downloading some examples as you suggested. I still wasnt able to fix the language problem tho. How did you fixed yours? In my case Im suspecting I have to use <LocalizedText> instead of <BaseGameText> and Language="en_US" at the end of a Row because the mod is changing Vanilla and DLC text files at the same time and some of them are conflicting. Whats your opinion? Im saying this because AstroGrep didnt detected any problems related to that.

Meanwhile Im going to mess with some other things since Im in the fase of trial and error. Hopefully you can help me again in the future because Im probably going to need it. Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Start small.

There is a property called LoadOrder, put yours later, 3 for instance, that way your updates get do better, and you remove eventual problem when game updating its stuff.

Search for errors or warnings in all logs in folder.

My project is quite small to be fair. I just want to change the name of the leaders and countries, nothing else atm. My mod only has 2 files. Ive searched everywhere and couldnt find the solution to fix the language problem. Ive looked into AstroGrep and found the problem but I dont know how to fix it.

This is what I got from AstroGrep:

Spoiler Database :

[1549539.937] [Localization]: StartupErrorMessages.xml
[1549539.937] [Localization]: Input XML does not contain database entry tags. GameData, GameInfo or Database
[1549547.641] [Localization]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...

[1549566.990] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[1549567.005] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
[1549572.515] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549572.515] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[1549572.518] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') with values (LOC_LEADER_CHANDRAGUPTA_NAME, Chandragupta, ).
[1549572.518] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table EnglishText from file Expansion1_ConfigText.xml.
[1549572.518] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549572.836] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549572.836] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[1549572.836] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') with values (LOC_CIVILIZATION_CANADA_NAME, Canada, ).
[1549572.836] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table EnglishText from file Expansion2_ConfigText.xml.
[1549572.836] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549573.637] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549573.637] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[1549573.637] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') with values (LOC_CIVILIZATION_GRAN_COLOMBIA_NAME, Gran Colombia, ).
[1549573.637] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table EnglishText from file GranColombia_Maya_ConfigText.xml.
[1549573.638] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549573.786] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549573.786] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[1549573.786] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') with values (LOC_CIVILIZATION_BYZANTIUM_NAME, Byzantium, ).
[1549573.786] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table EnglishText from file Byzantium_Gaul_ConfigText.xml.
[1549573.786] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549573.973] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549573.973] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[1549573.973] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') with values (LOC_LEADER_KUBLAI_KHAN_C_NAME, Kublai Khan (China), ).
[1549573.973] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table EnglishText from file KublaiKhan_Vietnam_ConfigText.xml.
[1549573.973] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549574.278] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549574.278] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[1549574.278] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') with values (LOC_CIVILIZATION_ETHIOPIA_NAME, Ethiopia, ).
[1549574.278] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table EnglishText from file Ethiopia_ConfigText.xml.
[1549574.278] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549574.383] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549574.383] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[1549574.383] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') with values (LOC_CIVILIZATION_BABYLON_STK_NAME, Babylon, ).
[1549574.383] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table EnglishText from file Babylon_ConfigText.xml.
[1549574.383] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549574.690] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549574.690] [Localization]: While executing - 'insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[1549574.690] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into EnglishText('Tag', 'Text') with values (LOC_CIVILIZATION_PORTUGAL_NAME, Portugal, ).
[1549574.690] [Localization]: In XMLSerializer while updating table EnglishText from file Portugal_ConfigText.xml.
[1549574.690] [Localization] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: LocalizedText.Language, LocalizedText.Tag
[1549577.650] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
[1549577.651] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.

Spoiler Modding :

[1549572.491] Creating database save point.
[1549572.491] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/Expansion1_ConfigText.xml
[1549572.518] Error parsing ../../../DLC/Expansion1/Text/en_US/Expansion1_ConfigText.xml
[1549572.518] Warning: LocalizedText - Failed loading XML.
[1549572.518] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/Expansion1_HallofFame_Text.xml

[1549572.803] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/Expansion1_HallofFame_Text.xml
[1549572.804] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/Expansion2_ConfigText.xml
[1549572.836] Error parsing ../../../DLC/Expansion2/Text/en_US/Expansion2_ConfigText.xml
[1549572.836] Warning: LocalizedText - Failed loading XML.
[1549572.836] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/Expansion2_HallofFame_Text.xml

[1549573.614] Creating database save point.
[1549573.614] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/GranColombia_Maya_ConfigText.xml
[1549573.638] Error parsing ../../../DLC/GranColombia_Maya/Text/en_US/GranColombia_Maya_ConfigText.xml
[1549573.638] Warning: LocalizedText - Failed loading XML.
[1549573.638] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/GranColombia_Maya_PackageText.xml

[1549573.772] Creating database save point.
[1549573.772] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/Byzantium_Gaul_ConfigText.xml
[1549573.786] Error parsing ../../../DLC/Byzantium_Gaul/Text/en_US/Byzantium_Gaul_ConfigText.xml
[1549573.786] Warning: LocalizedText - Failed loading XML.
[1549573.786] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/Byzantium_Gaul_PackageText.xml

[1549573.949] Creating database save point.
[1549573.949] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/KublaiKhan_Vietnam_ConfigText.xml
[1549573.973] Error parsing ../../../DLC/KublaiKhan_Vietnam/Text/en_US/KublaiKhan_Vietnam_ConfigText.xml
[1549573.973] Warning: LocalizedText - Failed loading XML.
[1549573.973] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/KublaiKhan_Vietnam_PackageText.xml

[1549574.244] Creating database save point.
[1549574.244] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/Ethiopia_ConfigText.xml
[1549574.278] Error parsing ../../../DLC/Ethiopia/Text/en_US/Ethiopia_ConfigText.xml
[1549574.278] Warning: LocalizedText - Failed loading XML.
[1549574.278] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/Ethiopia_PackageText.xml

[1549574.357] Creating database save point.
[1549574.357] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/Babylon_ConfigText.xml
[1549574.383] Error parsing ../../../DLC/Babylon/Text/en_US/Babylon_ConfigText.xml
[1549574.383] Warning: LocalizedText - Failed loading XML.
[1549574.383] LocalizedText - Loading Text/Babylon_Translations_ConfigText.xml

[1549574.675] Creating database save point.
[1549574.675] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/Portugal_ConfigText.xml
[1549574.690] Error parsing ../../../DLC/Portugal/Text/en_US/Portugal_ConfigText.xml
[1549574.690] Warning: LocalizedText - Failed loading XML.
[1549574.690] LocalizedText - Loading Text/en_US/Portugal_PackageText.xml

And this is my mod:

Spoiler Civilizations :

<GameData>
<BaseGameText>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MACEDON_NAME">
<Text>Balkans</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MACEDON_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Balkans</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MACEDON_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Balkan</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_NUBIA_NAME">
<Text>Sudan</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_NUBIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Sudan</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_NUBIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Sudanese</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GAUL_NAME">
<Text>Belgium</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GAUL_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Belgium</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GAUL_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Belgian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_VIETNAM_NAME">
<Text>Vietnam</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_VIETNAM_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Vietnam</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_VIETNAM_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Vietnamese</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_BYZANTIUM_NAME">
<Text>Bulgaria</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_BYZANTIUM_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Bulgaria</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_BYZANTIUM_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Bulgarian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_FRANCE_NAME">
<Text>France</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_FRANCE_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>France</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_FRANCE_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>French</Text>
</Replace>
<!-- Add Austria and Pakistan -->
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_EGYPT_NAME">
<Text>Egypt</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_EGYPT_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Egypt</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_EGYPT_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Egyptian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_PERSIA_NAME">
<Text>Iran</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_PERSIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Iran</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_PERSIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Iranian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_PHOENICIA_NAME">
<Text>Tunisia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_PHOENICIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Tunisia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_PHOENICIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Tunisian</Text>
</Replace>
<!-- Add Finland and Denmark -->
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GERMANY_NAME">
<Text>Germany</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GERMANY_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Germany</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GERMANY_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>German</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_INDIA_NAME">
<Text>India</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_INDIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>India</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_INDIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Indian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MONGOLIA_NAME">
<Text>Mongolia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MONGOLIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Mongolia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MONGOLIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Mongolian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SUMERIA_NAME">
<Text>Syria</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SUMERIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Syria</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SUMERIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Syrian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_INDONESIA_NAME">
<Text>Indonesia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_INDONESIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Indonesia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_INDONESIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Indonesian</Text>
</Replace>
<!-- Add Romania -->
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_BABYLON_STK_NAME">
<Text>Iraq</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_BABYLON_STK_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Iraq</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_BABYLON_STK_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Iraqi</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_NORWAY_NAME">
<Text>Norway</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_NORWAY_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Norway</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_NORWAY_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Norwegian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_JAPAN_NAME">
<Text>Japan</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_JAPAN_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Japan</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_JAPAN_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Japanese</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_POLAND_NAME">
<Text>Poland</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_POLAND_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Poland</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_POLAND_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Polish</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_KHMER_NAME">
<Text>Thailand</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_KHMER_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Thailand</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_KHMER_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Thai</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_PORTUGAL_NAME">
<Text>Portugal</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_PORTUGAL_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Portugal</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_PORTUGAL_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Portuguese</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_AUSTRALIA_NAME">
<Text>Australia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_AUSTRALIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Australia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_AUSTRALIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Australian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SWEDEN_NAME">
<Text>Sweden</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SWEDEN_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Sweden</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SWEDEN_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Swedish</Text>
</Replace>
<!-- Add North Korea and Kazakhstan -->
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MAORI_NAME">
<Text>Polynesia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MAORI_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Polynesia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MAORI_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Polynesian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MAYA_NAME">
<Text>Guatemala</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MAYA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Guatemala</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MAYA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Guatemalan</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MAPUCHE_NAME">
<Text>Chile</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MAPUCHE_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Chile</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MAPUCHE_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Chilean</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MALI_NAME">
<Text>Mali</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MALI_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Mali</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_MALI_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Malian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_HUNGARY_NAME">
<Text>Hungary</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_HUNGARY_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Hungary</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_HUNGARY_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Hungarian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ETHIOPIA_NAME">
<Text>Ethiopia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ETHIOPIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Ethiopia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ETHIOPIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Ethiopian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_AZTEC_NAME">
<Text>Mexico</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_AZTEC_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Mexico</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_AZTEC_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Mexican</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_KONGO_NAME">
<Text>Congo</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_KONGO_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Congo</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_KONGO_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Congolese</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_INCA_NAME">
<Text>Peru</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_INCA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Peru</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_INCA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Peruvian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_BRAZIL_NAME">
<Text>Brazil</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_BRAZIL_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Brazil</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_BRAZIL_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Brazilian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GREECE_NAME">
<Text>Greece</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GREECE_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Greece</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GREECE_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Greek</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA_NAME">
<Text>Russia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Russia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_RUSSIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Russian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SPAIN_NAME">
<Text>Spain</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SPAIN_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Spain</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SPAIN_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Spanish</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_CREE_NAME">
<Text>Caribbean</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_CREE_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Caribbean</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_CREE_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Caribbean</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_CHINA_NAME">
<Text>China</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_CHINA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>China</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_CHINA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Chinese</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SCOTLAND_NAME">
<Text>Ireland</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SCOTLAND_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Ireland</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SCOTLAND_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Irish</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ARABIA_NAME">
<Text>Saudi Arabia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ARABIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Saudi Arabia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ARABIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Arabian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_KOREA_NAME">
<Text>South Korea</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_KOREA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>South Korea</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_KOREA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>South Korean</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ZULU_NAME">
<Text>South Africa</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ZULU_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>South Africa</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ZULU_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>South African</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GRAN_COLOMBIA_NAME">
<Text>Colombia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GRAN_COLOMBIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Colombia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GRAN_COLOMBIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Colombian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_OTTOMAN_NAME">
<Text>Turkey</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_OTTOMAN_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Turkey</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_OTTOMAN_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Turkish</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GEORGIA_NAME">
<Text>Georgia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GEORGIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Georgia</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_GEORGIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Georgian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_AMERICA_NAME">
<Text>United States</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_AMERICA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>United States</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_AMERICA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>American</Text>
</Replace>
<!-- Add Argentina -->
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SCYTHIA_NAME">
<Text>Ukraine</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SCYTHIA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Ukraine</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_SCYTHIA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Ukrainian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ROME_NAME">
<Text>Italy</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ROME_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Italy</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ROME_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Italian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND_NAME">
<Text>United Kingdom</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>United Kingdom</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>British</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_CANADA_NAME">
<Text>Canada</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_CANADA_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Canada</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_CANADA_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Canadian</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_NETHERLANDS_NAME">
<Text>Netherlands</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_NETHERLANDS_DESCRIPTION">
<Text>Netherlands</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_CIVILIZATION_NETHERLANDS_ADJECTIVE">
<Text>Dutch</Text>
</Replace>
</BaseGameText>
</GameData>

Spoiler Leaders :

<GameData>
<EnglishText>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_ALEXANDER_NAME">
<Text>Alexander Magnus</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_AMANITORE_NAME">
<Text>Amanitore Meroitic</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_AMBIORIX_NAME">
<Text>Ambiorix Eburones</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_LADY_TRIEU_NAME">
<Text>Trieu Thi Trinh</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_BASIL_NAME">
<Text>Simeon Krum</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_CATHERINE_DE_MEDICI_NAME">
<Text>Joan of Arc</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_CATHERINE_DE_MEDICI_ALT_NAME">
<Text>Maria Theresa</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_CATHERINE_DE_MEDICI_EXPANDED_NAME">
<Text>Joan of Arc</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_CHANDRAGUPTA_NAME">
<Text>Chandragupta Maurya</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_CLEOPATRA_NAME">
<Text>Cleopatra Philopator</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_CYRUS_NAME">
<Text>Cyrus Teispid</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_DIDO_NAME">
<Text>Elissa Dido</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_ELEANOR_NAME">
<Text>Tarja Halonen</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_ELEANOR_FRANCE_NAME">
<Text>Margaret Estridsen</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_BARBAROSSA_NAME">
<Text>Frederick Barbarossa</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_GANDHI_NAME">
<Text>Mahatma Gandhi</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_GENGHIS_KHAN_NAME">
<Text>Genghis Khan</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_GILGAMESH_NAME">
<Text>Gilgamesh Uruk</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_GITARJA_NAME">
<Text>Dyah Gitarja</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_GORGO_NAME">
<Text>Elisabeth Wied</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_HAMMURABI_NAME">
<Text>Hammurabi Amorite</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_HARDRADA_NAME">
<Text>Harald Hardrada</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_HOJO_NAME">
<Text>Hojo Tokimune</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_JADWIGA_NAME">
<Text>Jadwiga Anjou</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_JAYAVARMAN_NAME">
<Text>Jayavarman Mahayana</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_JOAO_III_NAME">
<Text>João Aviz</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_JOHN_CURTIN_NAME">
<Text>John Curtin</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_KRISTINA_NAME">
<Text>Christina Vasa</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_KUBLAI_KHAN_C_NAME">
<Text>Kim Il-sung</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_KUBLAI_KHAN_NAME">
<Text>Timur Gurkani</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_KUPE_NAME">
<Text>Kupe Hawaiki</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_LADY_SIX_SKY_NAME">
<Text>Wak Chanil Ajaw</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_LAUTARO_NAME">
<Text>Lautaro Toqui</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_MANSA_MUSA_NAME">
<Text>Mansa Musa</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_MATTHIAS_CORVINUS_NAME">
<Text>Matthias Corvinus</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_MENELIK_NAME">
<Text>Menelik Solomon</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_MONTEZUMA_NAME">
<Text>Montezuma Xocoyotzin</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_MVEMBA_NAME">
<Text>Mvemba a Nzinga</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_PACHACUTI_NAME">
<Text>Pachacuti Yupanqui</Text>
</Replace>
<Text>Dom Pedro</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_PERICLES_NAME">
<Text>Pericles Alcmaeonid</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_PETER_GREAT_NAME">
<Text>Peter Romanov</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_PHILIP_II_NAME">
<Text>Philip Habsburg</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_POUNDMAKER_NAME">
<Text>Hatuey Taíno</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_QIN_NAME">
<Text>Qin Shi Huang</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_ROBERT_THE_BRUCE_NAME">
<Text>Brian Boru</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_SALADIN_NAME">
<Text>Saladin Ayyub</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_SEONDEOK_NAME">
<Text>Seondeok Yeowang</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_SHAKA_NAME">
<Text>Shaka Zulu</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_SIMON_BOLIVAR_NAME">
<Text>Simón Bolívar</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_SULEIMAN_NAME">
<Text>Suleiman Selim</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_TAMAR_NAME">
<Text>Tamar Bragationi</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_NAME">
<Text>Theodore Roosevelt</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ROUGHRIDER_NAME">
<Text>José de San Martín</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT_ORIGINAL_NAME">
<Text>Theodore Roosevelt</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_TOMYRIS_NAME">
<Text>Tomyris Massagetae</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_TRAJAN_NAME">
<Text>Caesar Traianus</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_VICTORIA_NAME">
<Text>Victoria Hanover</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_LAURIER_NAME">
<Text>Wilfrid Laurier</Text>
</Replace>
<Replace Tag="LOC_LEADER_WILHELMINA_NAME">
<Text>Wilhelmina Maria</Text>
</Replace>
</EnglishText>
</GameData>

I have added a FrontEnd Action UpdateText with the 2 files. And thats it. What I am missing? What is wrong with my code? Why it is breaking the language? I have looked your mods and the only thing I can think is this <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?> or this:

Spoiler Raen's Mod :

<Players>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAEN_LUSITANIA" LeaderType="LEADER_VIRIATO" CivilizationName="LOC_CIVILIZATION_RAEN_LUSITANIA_NAME" CivilizationIcon="ICON_CIVILIZATION_RAEN_LUSITANIA_LUSUS" LeaderName="LOC_LEADER_VIRIATO_NAME" LeaderIcon="ICON_LEADER_VIRIATO" CivilizationAbilityName="LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_LUSUS_NAME" CivilizationAbilityDescription="LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_LUSUS_DESCRIPTION" CivilizationAbilityIcon="ICON_CIVILIZATION_RAEN_LUSITANIA_LUSUS" LeaderAbilityName="LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_BRAVE_HEART_SOUL_NAME" LeaderAbilityDescription="LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_BRAVE_HEART_SOUL_DESCRIPTION" LeaderAbilityIcon="ICON_LEADER_VIRIATO" PortraitBackground="LEADER_GENGHIS_KHAN_BACKGROUND" Portrait="LEADER_VIRIATO_NEUTRAL.dds" />
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAEN_LUSITANIA" LeaderType="LEADER_VIRIATO" CivilizationName="LOC_CIVILIZATION_RAEN_LUSITANIA_NAME" CivilizationIcon="ICON_CIVILIZATION_RAEN_LUSITANIA_LUSUS" LeaderName="LOC_LEADER_VIRIATO_NAME" LeaderIcon="ICON_LEADER_VIRIATO" CivilizationAbilityName="LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_LUSUS_NAME" CivilizationAbilityDescription="LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_LUSUS_DESCRIPTION" CivilizationAbilityIcon="ICON_CIVILIZATION_RAEN_LUSITANIA_LUSUS" LeaderAbilityName="LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_BRAVE_HEART_SOUL_NAME" LeaderAbilityDescription="LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_BRAVE_HEART_SOUL_DESCRIPTION" LeaderAbilityIcon="ICON_LEADER_VIRIATO" PortraitBackground="LEADER_GENGHIS_KHAN_BACKGROUND" Portrait="LEADER_VIRIATO_NEUTRAL.dds" Domain="Players:Expansion1_Players" />
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_RAEN_LUSITANIA" LeaderType="LEADER_VIRIATO" CivilizationName="LOC_CIVILIZATION_RAEN_LUSITANIA_NAME" CivilizationIcon="ICON_CIVILIZATION_RAEN_LUSITANIA_LUSUS" LeaderName="LOC_LEADER_VIRIATO_NAME" LeaderIcon="ICON_LEADER_VIRIATO" CivilizationAbilityName="LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_LUSUS_NAME" CivilizationAbilityDescription="LOC_TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_LUSUS_DESCRIPTION" CivilizationAbilityIcon="ICON_CIVILIZATION_RAEN_LUSITANIA_LUSUS" LeaderAbilityName="LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_BRAVE_HEART_SOUL_NAME" LeaderAbilityDescription="LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_BRAVE_HEART_SOUL_DESCRIPTION" LeaderAbilityIcon="ICON_LEADER_VIRIATO" PortraitBackground="LEADER_GENGHIS_KHAN_BACKGROUND" Portrait="LEADER_VIRIATO_NEUTRAL.dds" Domain="Players:Expansion2_Players" />
</Players>

Im going crazy over this. Im clueless and even reading the AstroGrep I dont know how to fix the language problem. Can you point me in the right direction?

Try to use <EnglishText> instead of <BaseGameText> and also at properties add "LoadOrder" like this:

Spoiler :

upload_2022-4-25_15-43-43.png

It worked! Thank you so much!

The file that was causing problems was the Leaders file, and it was already in <EnglishText>. Ive changed the other one as well just in case. What really fixed the problem was the LoadOrder at properties. Can you please explain to me why this fixed the problem and how the LoadOrder system works? Why LoadOrder 4 and not 3 or 2?

The problem was fixed but Im still getting this from the Database.log:

[1661642.597] [Localization]: StartupErrorMessages.xml
[1661642.597] [Localization]: Input XML does not contain database entry tags. GameData, GameInfo or Database
[1661651.614] [Localization]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...

Is there any way to get rid of this error? Like I said, I have already changed both files to <EnglishText> but the error remains.

Last edited:

[1661642.597] [Localization]: Input XML does not contain database entry tags. GameData, GameInfo or Database

Is there any way to get rid of this error? Like I said, I have already changed both files to <EnglishText> but the error remains.
IIRC there are errors generated by the base game files, check the logs without mods first, then compare.

It worked! Thank you so much!

The file that was causing problems was the Leaders file, and it was already in <EnglishText>. I've changed the other one as well just in case. What really fixed the problem was the LoadOrder at properties. Can you please explain to me why this fixed the problem and how the LoadOrder system works? Why LoadOrder 4 and not 3 or 2?

I indicated LoadOrder because if not a syntax issue must be another problem. The problem was that the game was trying to deploy your data before the base game's data. LoadOrder superior to zero indicates your files will be loaded in that specific order. If Im, not wrong base game does not use LoadOrder, therefore always deploys files at LoadOrder = 0. It's enough for you to put LoadOrder = 1 and good to go.

Advanced: If you use your mod with other mods you have to pay attention to the LoadOrder property of those.

Like Gedemon said that's no error, that's the game logging preparation at startup. Real errors show with this TAG: " ERROR: " or other similar one.

I cant thank you enough, Raen. God bless you. Gedemon, I sent you a message regarding my second question. Im going to copy here so Raen or anybody else can join and help.

The first part is done and now the code is clean, with no errors. The second part is to change/replace some of the CityNames. But while I was changing things, another weird thing happened with the text. I can change Vanilla content with no problem, but everytime I try to change something in the DLC, it doesnt work. I get "LOC_CITY_NAME_CIV_1" on the map instead of my changes. They dont recognize anything from the mod. What do I have to add to the code when Im dealing with DLC and replacing info/text?

Here is an example of what Im doing:

Spoiler Config :

<GameData>
<Civilizations>
<Replace CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" Name="LOC_CIVILIZATION_AMERICA_NAME" Description="LOC_CIVILIZATION_AMERICA_DESCRIPTION" Adjective="LOC_CIVILIZATION_AMERICA_ADJECTIVE" StartingCivilizationLevelType="CIVILIZATION_LEVEL_FULL_CIV" RandomCityNameDepth="1" Ethnicity="ETHNICITY_EURO"/>
<Civilizations>
<CivilizationLeaders>
<Replace CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" LeaderType="LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT" CapitalName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_1"/>
<CivilizationLeaders>
<CityNames>
<!-- America -->
<Delete CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_1"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_2"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_3"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_4"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_5"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_6"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_7"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_8"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_9"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_10"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_11"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_12"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_13"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_14"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_15"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_16"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_17"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_18"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_19"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_20"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_21"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_22"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_23"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_24"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_25"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_26"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_27"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_28"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_29"/>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" CityName="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_30"/>
<CityNames>
<GameData>

Spoiler List :

<GameData>
<EnglishText>
<!-- America -->
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_1">
<Text>Washington</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_2">
<Text>New York</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_3">
<Text>Los Angeles</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_4">
<Text>Chicago</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_5">
<Text>Houston</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_6">
<Text>Phoenix</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_7">
<Text>Philadelphia</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_8">
<Text>Austin</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_9">
<Text>Jacksonville</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_10">
<Text>Columbus</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_11">
<Text>Indianapolis</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_12">
<Text>Charlotte</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_13">
<Text>Seattle</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_14">
<Text>Denver</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_15">
<Text>Nashville</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_16">
<Text>Oklahoma</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_17">
<Text>Boston</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_18">
<Text>Portland</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_19">
<Text>Las Vegas</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_20">
<Text>Detroit</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_21">
<Text>Louisville</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_22">
<Text>Baltimore</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_23">
<Text>Milwaukee</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_24">
<Text>Albuquerque</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_25">
<Text>Kansas</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_26">
<Text>Atlanta</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_27">
<Text>Minneapolis</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_28">
<Text>New Orleans</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_29">
<Text>Anchorage</Text>
</Row>
<Row Tag="LOC_CITY_NAME_AMERICA_30">
<Text>Honolulu</Text>
</Row>
<EnglishText>
<GameData>

Ive created these 2 files and added 2 InGame Actions (Updtate Database and Text) at properties. This is working with every Vanilla content. And it is not working with any DLC. Do I have to add something specific for DLC or is this related with LoadOrder again? If it is, in what order should I put it?

Last edited:
The problems I see in your XML code:
- You deleted CityNames to add new ones, that's fine but that does not delete text, still have to use replace.
- As for database data don't use replace but use update clause, like this example:
Code:
  <Update>
      <Where BuildingType="BUILDING_NAVIGATION_SCHOOL"/>
      <Set PrereqTech="TECH_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE"   Name="LOC_ESCOLA_NAVEGACAO_NAME"  />
    </Update>

The problems I see in your XML code:
- You deleted CityNames to add new ones, that's fine but that does not delete text, still have to use replace.
- As for database data don't use replace but use update clause, like this example:
Code:
  <Update>
      <Where BuildingType="BUILDING_NAVIGATION_SCHOOL"/>
      <Set PrereqTech="TECH_NAUTICAL_SCIENCE"   Name="LOC_ESCOLA_NAVEGACAO_NAME"  />
    </Update>

Thats odd. Because the same code is working when I change Vanilla content using delete. What I did replaced the text and the CityNames for those Civs. The CityNames ingame are the ones I wrote in the xml. But the same doesnt work with DLC. Very weird. But thats ok. Im going to try update then.

I understand I cant delete text but in this case Im deleting the original list, not text. Im not sure but I believe thats why Vanilla content is working as intended. If I change the name of the cities in the text file, it works ingame just fine. What I dont understand is that if I use the same code with DLC, it doesnt work. Why?

----------

EDIT: Just a feedback from testing. Apparently you have to use <LocalizedText> Language="en_US" when changing Text that involves DLC. I did that and now is working properly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom