How to bring NQ and the League closer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen that you played against DJMax for your first match. It is not a competitive game, just a slaughter ! Don't be afraid of league, you can only find find softer players than Dj.

Even ultra competitive players like DJ will still tell you what you did wrong after kicking your butt, we all benefit from the general skill increasing, "noob farming" gets boring for everyone after a short time :p

CS

I agree. Can someone PLEASE thanks me ONE TIME for what I have done for the community? No ! I have done A LOT inviting people to play, hosting games and kicking noobish ass in league and NQ! Noboby thanks me! I CANT BELIEVE IT! Why do you think I am playing ? Because I enjoy the game ?

:lol:

thanks kiff

Even ultra competitive players like DJ will still tell you what you did wrong after kicking your butt, we all benefit from the general skill increasing, "noob farming" gets boring for everyone after a short time :p

I learned a lot by just playing in the same game as DjMax and NecroDMI. :)
Even though I didn't know that any one of them were better than most players.

People expand a lot faster than I thought :D - I thought I normally expand kinda fast, but I was very wrong. :)

I know it is not easy to find groups since we do not have a open built in lobby to advertise in, but you will notice that my sigs in this and every other fan site forum are full of links to the league and it's steam group :p And I know we have tried to make google send people to us with key words, and if you google "civilization MP" Civplayers is the top hit, not sure what more we can do, but I do agree with your observation.

Yeah, I actually used your link in the signature to find your group. But I had not at all seen the league refered to as "civplayers" (only the domain name) and therefore my first impulse was to search for "league" and "civ league" etc. :)

nahhh, couldn't be! :)

Humor usually helps these things, especially when it's meant and taken well.

Hmn...sounds like NQ isn't for me; I just don't have that kind of time to devote to civ in any one sitting, unless I'm using sleep time, and that just doesn't work anymore. Some of us are getting old.

Is anyone actually playing PBEM? And when the heck will pitboss be enabled??

Hmn...sounds like NQ isn't for me; I just don't have that kind of time to devote to civ in any one sitting, unless I'm using sleep time, and that just doesn't work anymore. Some of us are getting old.

I know people that are willing to do loads and multi day games like partial games as well. So that is a possibility too.

It would be interesting to me personally to know some of the NQ players wins and loss records.

It would be interesting to me personally to know some of the NQ players wins and loss records.

that statement will bring oss closer....i beat you that you will loose playing best NQ¨s..
calling NQ noob..

Can you please write that in understandable English sir? Because the general feeling im getting from your post is that you think I'm calling NQ players noobs. Where you got that impression from, I am not sure. Maybe reading into my post a bit too far? That is, if I understand your reply correctly. If not then please help me out here..

I dont think im the man when it comes to CiV I lose 40% of my games. Im not really satisfied with that number, I would prefer it to be lower. The only place I probably have a edge on most players is combat. I cant grow cities for crap.

I made a PBEM forum on the league, but not much action yet, I'm not even sure that here on CFC or WPC, that Civ5 PBEM is that popular. I think because it is really a hack of Hotseat that confuses people. I'd be glad to be part of a league PBEM if something was started up....

CS

I guess the PBEM activity pretty much depends on how much the people are in it, and how many hardcore users are there who are willed to try it.
While i don't see anything here, i see around 10 more or less active PBEMs in the german forum. Pretty much supprises me, but i guess there's probably one person who started the whole thing.

Can you please write that in understandable English sir? Because the general feeling im getting from your post is that you think I'm calling NQ players noobs. Where you got that impression from, I am not sure. Maybe reading into my post a bit too far? That is, if I understand your reply correctly. If not then please help me out here..

I dont think im the man when it comes to CiV I lose 40% of my games. Im not really satisfied with that number, I would prefer it to be lower. The only place I probably have a edge on most players is combat. I cant grow cities for crap.

HI MS...I feel you always mention the quality of players in NQ,or that you are "currious" of how "good" every NQ player is(or what the hell you mean :mad:)... NQ is non ranked games,but that dosent mean that we play civ5 BADLY!!!!!! and i dont care what your rank is in civ league...that dosent tell me how good you are at playing civ!!!

I think NQS has a point here, though I can see both sides. Language barriers don't help.

Let's just remember that what's interesting to one group, or personally, may or is probably likely to be irrelevant to the other. And also that a lot can be read into text...although we should try to be more aware of the implications of what we're saying, and making sly allusions--or being seen as making sly allusions (there's no difference to the reader, you can't accurately judge intentions from text on a page) just adds fuel to the fire.

Bridges, people. Common ground. We know what the differences are. Players choose based on their own preferences. It's not a competition, in terms of which group is 'better'.

Having said that, we all enjoy the game, right? And the game is about winning, right? And competing with the best makes things more interesting and intense, and forces us to raise our game, right?

So some FRIENDLY competition between the groups might be fun. Not for bragging rights, that's just ashes in our mouths and pointless, ego-driven crap. But for the pleasure of playing the game, the satisfaction of doing it well, and the learning and comraderie that would occur on both sides.

Shrug. The options are ours to take. More people to play the game with in different ways mean more fun, especially when I get to choose what I prefer.

Might be the last I have to say about it, I'm not interested in (much) further mediation. Things will evolve as they do and that's just fine, either way. Live and let live, and if we can all enjoy the game and each other, so be it. Judging anyone else by our own standards is doomed to create division and ill-will.

My only point to wanting to see what some nq players records would look like was curiosity :) While they mean nothing to many people, they mean something to me.

Sure, I can see that. But can you also see how he read something different into it?

If they really wanted to read something different, then sure.

Is better just to write what you really mean !!!When you dont like NQ-group just say it out loud,then you earn my respect..Every normal human can read between the lines.......
So plz start respekting other civ players,not only the league....

GG

Moderator Action: New forum policy: Offsite topics (besides specific tournaments) will be discussed offsite. All threads which have exclusively associated sites/groups/whatever as main topic will be closed.
Like this thread here.
Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom