How to bring NQ and the League closer

Status
Not open for further replies.
*edited post according The_J notes
The 2 main points why NQ community much better than "League"
1) Chat-room functionality.
You can join NQ and announce your game easy for hundreeds of players by adding events or announces.
2) Amount of players online in chat.
NQ chatroom has 2-3x more players than "league" chat. Thats important when you want to find game.

*edited post according The_J notes
The 2 main points why NQ community much better than "League"
1) Chat-room functionality.
You can join NQ and announce your game easy for hundreeds of players by adding events or announces.
2) Amount of players online in chat.
NQ chatroom has 2-3x more players than "league" chat. Thats important when you want to find game.

Well we are all entitled to our opinions, but I will politely address each point.

1. Yes in NQ they can make announcements, because they are a closed group and will kick out anyone that abuses that system. Civplayers is by nature a open community and therefore I can not let every player make an announcement, so to solve this I have simply appointed more chat officers to make announcements for the players.

2. That is simply not true, NQ often has 5-10 more players than the league chat yes, but even that is not always true, I hang out in both all the time and they are often the same players in both lobbies so this is really a childish comparison. But 2-3 times the players is pretty much out right fiction :-/

But really saying who is "best" is nonsense, there is no best, NQ is a great place to find open FFA's and the league is a great place to be ranked and find team games. Both have a key role in the MP community and neither is better than the other, we simply do different things for the community.

But really Viktor, aren't you a bit bored lately?

CS

The problem is you can't transfer "best at FFA" into a ranking system. As soon as you publish your rank, people will start giving "-1 Past games have proven you are better than me" diplomacy penalties. How do you measure the value of a win when the playing field isn't level?

:)

I agree, and i think every games with more than 2 teams implicated(1vs1vs1vs...included) is pretty hard to follow to determine which are the best.

For ranked system : duel, teamers 1vs1
Non ranked system : all other types of games

:)

I agree, and i think every games with more than 2 teams implicated(1vs1vs1vs...included) is pretty hard to follow to determine which are the best.

For ranked system : duel, teamers 1vs1
Non ranked system : all other types of games

That is pretty much why Cton invented the Always War FFA style, because you can not count on fairness when one player in a FFA is the league Champ, he is going to be a target no matter what.

But still if some players want ranked FFA's it is not for me to say no to them, just tell them not to whine to me when they are ganged up on :p

CS

Well we are all entitled to our opinions, but I will politely address each point.

1. Yes in NQ they can make announcements, because they are a closed group and will kick out anyone that abuses that system. Civplayers is by nature a open community and therefore I can not let every player make an announcement, so to solve this I have simply appointed more chat officers to make announcements for the players.

2. That is simply not true, NQ often has 5-10 more players than the league chat yes, but even that is not always true, I hang out in both all the time and they are often the same players in both lobbies so this is really a childish comparison. But 2-3 times the players is pretty much out right fiction :-/

But really saying who is "best" is nonsense, there is no best, NQ is a great place to find open FFA's and the league is a great place to be ranked and find team games. Both have a key role in the MP community and neither is better than the other, we simply do different things for the community.

But really Viktor, aren't you a bit bored lately?

CS

I totally agree with CS. No group is better than the other. They serve different porpuses.

But both groups have been good for the civ community. The MP community is better off with them cooperating instead of competing. :goodjob:

Currently online:

CP 16 in chat 116 in game
NQ 19 in chat 50 in game.

Please HS, just make more sense??? :)

my problem was when we started playing civ 5 it was no lobby 2 meet others...no place 2 meet other players...only quitters and bug ruined every game we played...what could we do other than starting NQ.where was leauge??
NQ that learnd everyone how 2 use the chat!!NQ did "league" GOOD!!!!!we startet announsments,we started bringing community upp again..
so the "LEAGUE"should be extremly happy that NQ was started- showing everyone how 2 find others and get a GOD GAME:)..
NQ is NEW but more up 2 date:)..WE ARE HERE TO STAY CS,so live whit it::))
so instead of saying whats wrong with NQ,find a way 2 make community better....

NQ NQ NQ NQ NQ

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NO_QUITTERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMcW
League is about determining who is the best ciV player in the world. They have rules to prevent inferior players from colluding to mess up the rankings.

NQ is about determining who is the best ciV player in the current game. Since they don't need so many rules, diplomacy is more exciting.

a bit offtopic: but well I for example can do well in both mp and singleplayer

And diplomacy in FFAs?
U really think there is SKILL in diplomacy???
Diplomacy in civ5 mp comes down to:
dont do RAs with leader
We have played together before so we r friends - lets be friends in this game
I dont like you
You are good/bad so I like you

honestly as relations are allways dependent on feelings, with envy being one of strongest human feelsings there cant be a true diplomacy which is dependent on the game but which is dependent on general circumstances.
Like is the guy next to me some admin
Did he kill me before in another game
And so on ...

So no diplomacy isnt about skill at all imo. If I want play psycho games I go talk to womans and get a but civ is a strategic game for me - so diplomacy should be based on numbers (as in sp) but that cant be true for mp. So screw diplo.

Apart that diplo is usually just opposite of how reallity works.
In reallity people usually try to be friendly with the strongest in civ its usually other way round.

Sultan, I never said anything was wrong with NQ, we are just different and do different things for the community. But just to be historically accurate I did create CivPlayers Steam Chat a month before Civ5 came out, and as you can see here at CFC and other fan sites, I was advertising it strongly since then. So using Steam chats is not a new concept :-/ But I am happy that it worked for you too :p And btw you should talk with NQ-Don soon today. Me and him had a long chat last night.

CS

Sultan, I never said anything was wrong with NQ, we are just different and do different things for the community. But just to be historically accurate I did create CivPlayers Steam Chat a month before Civ5 came out, and as you can see here at CFC and other fan sites, I was advertising it strongly since then. So using Steam chats is not a new concept :-/ But I am happy that it worked for you too :p And btw you should talk with NQ-Don soon today. Me and him had a long chat last night.

CS
But just to be historically accurate I did create CivPlayers Steam Chat a month before Civ5 came out..

YES...but did people use it???Did someone get people 2 play NO QUITTER FFA??Where could we get a game without quitters??must everything be ranked???when i started playing civ 5 i couldnt find a game without quitters..we worked much to get people in chat rooms and so on...all players that made NQ grow used alot of time finding NON QUITTERS and teaching them 2 use NQ chat room...and make announsments and so on...
I think civ league should say thanks just "one time" to NQ group for all the effort we made for civ community..all the players ho play everyday should hear a thank for the help sometimes...NO we ganna co exist for sure..

NQNQNQNQNQNQ

tommyn:a bit offtopic: but well I for example can do well in both mp and singleplayer

And diplomacy in FFAs?
U really think there is SKILL in diplomacy???
Diplomacy in civ5 mp comes down to:
dont do RAs with leader
We have played together before so we r friends - lets be friends in this game
I dont like you
You are good/bad so I like you

honestly as relations are allways dependent on feelings, with envy being one of strongest human feelsings there cant be a true diplomacy which is dependent on the game but which is dependent on general circumstances.
Like is the guy next to me some admin
Did he kill me before in another game
And so on ...

So no diplomacy isnt about skill at all imo. If I want play psycho games I go talk to womans and get a but civ is a strategic game for me - so diplomacy should be based on numbers (as in sp) but that cant be true for mp. So screw diplo.

Apart that diplo is usually just opposite of how reallity works.
In reallity people usually try to be friendly with the strongest in civ its usually other way round. STOP

Relations ships is a huge part of the game i think...example:if i play along side NQ-DON(donhenriko)i will never trust him in a game..our relationship suck big time(and we live 3 min apart in real life).diplomacy is getting better each time someone plays eachother,or maybe it getting wurse like and don...i like talking 2 others when playing..discussing the leader,tactics,whta 2 do next,share lux,making agreementsand so on!!i loving it when i getting rushed and defending like hell so he looses competion to win the game(so next time he think twice when he is attacking)..

relations is a huge part of community and the game..

NQNQNQNQNQ

But just to be historically accurate I did create CivPlayers Steam Chat a month before Civ5 came out..

YES...but did people use it????when i started playing civ 5 i couldnt find a game without quitters..we worked much to get people in chat rooms and so on...all players that made NQ grow used alot of time finding NON QUITTERS and teaching them 2 use NQ chat room...and make announsments and so on...
I think civ league should say thanks just "one time" to NQ group for all the effort we made for civ community..all the players ho play everyday should here a thank for the help sometimes...NO we ganna co exist for sure..

NQNQNQNQNQNQ

Yes thank you for helping grow the MP community.

CS

Thanks 2 everyone at NQ for working for a better civ community..
THANKS FOR LETTING USS NOW...
i just wanted 2 hear GOOD WORK for all the work everyone at NQ did for the community...

GG and now we ganna make civ5 more fun for everyone..

NQNQNQNQNQNQ

I would not be so quick to jump on "hiddensoldier" bandwagon, he is not so much supporting NQ as he wants to see CivPlayers fail. If a mod feels my post violates the rules here feels free to delete it but what I say is the truth.

HS is the same guy that did his best to hack Civplayers a year and a half ago. When that failed he moved on to running a league and VPN server based in Russia that supports players using pirated and hacked copies of civ5.

He is now apparently trying to gain a measure of respectability again, but this is still the guy that just last week used our announcements to spam vulgar statements to all our player.

But everyone is free to decide for themselves.

CS

im fully agree with SULTAN, he does his best for MP.
And he not making stacks of zombies, thinking they are best civ5 players at their own rules.

I guess im one of those "zombies"

3 6man NQ ffas 2 overall wins and 1 2nd strength power all game with a player refusing to go to peace with me all game because I am league till i finally fall to attack by 3 civs.

The topic was: How to bring NQ and the League closer
And we r allready down to NQ vs CL again LoL
As someone pointed out in another thread, civ5 -multiplayer is a bit missleading title of this seciton. It should be NQ vs CS.

;) (Joke)

Anyhow. I think what we got now is a lot better than what we got ome month after lounch of CIV5. Now we got a growing MP community, two growing and active MP groups that actually do interact and have a lot of players that are active in both groups.

So I d like to say;

Thank you CL. For having a well organized webpage, ranking system, competitive gaming and caring about making the civ5 community grow

Thank you NQ. For creating a splace where people who like ffa with all the diplomacy but whitout quitters can find a gg, and caring about making the civ5 community grow

Best reagards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom