How to build an oil well in a lake??

doronb2

Chieftain
Hi,
I'm playing civ5 with the earth map. I want to build an oil well in a lake in east canada but my coastal city there can't build naval units! how can I build the oil well like that???
:confused:
BTW I can't bring a work boat from another city, its a closed lake without other coastal cities there.

Edit:
screenshot -
http://i56.tinypic.com/21jx2pu.jpg

I think you are SOL, sounds like a bug. oil shouldn't spawn in lakes, make sure to report it! :(

you can get a ship on a lake if there is only one tile between that lake and the coast, and there is a city on that tile. otherwise, you can only build ships on coastal cities.

This is another argument for getting rid of workboats and replacing them with embarked workers.

Hi,
I'm playing civ5 with the earth map. I want to build an oil well in a lake in east canada but my coastal city there can't build naval units! how can I build the oil well like that???
:confused:
BTW I can't bring a work boat from another city, its a closed lake without other coastal cities there.

Can you provide a screenshot, please?

This is another argument for getting rid of workboats and replacing them with embarked workers.

think there is a mod that does that. someone is working on it at any rate.

That's a new idea to me, I agree but this way harvesting fish would be slightly cheaper than now because everyone has workers, work boats have to be built instead , ...and consumed the next turn.

Dude... that sucks. You're basically boned. Although I don't know why that qualifies as a lake, since the ice is only covering part of the North Atlantic, right? That's a basic coastal city, and it should be able to build workboats, submarines, etc.

SilverKnight

This reminds me of Civ I where I used to put a settler in a boat, had it waken up in a coastal tile and made it build a railroad in the water so the city could get an extra shield there.

But. But. thats the Hudson bay IT SHOULD COUNT AS PART OF THE OCEAN!:eek:

Yeah, I'd say that's an ocean tile that's cut off by ice. If you had a city on that coast you could get to it.

This has always been an issue in Civilization and other similar games. Embarked workers (which would be consumed) does seem like the best answer to me...

This reminds me of Civ I where I used to put a settler in a boat, had it waken up in a coastal tile and made it build a railroad in the water so the city could get an extra shield there.

It was definitely not a shield (...iirc, lol :) No, I'm pretty sure. It increased trade from 3 to 4 (on all water tiles) and increased food from 3 to 4 on fishes.

Top Bottom