How to defend our empire, FA

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
This FOREIGN AFFAIRS MAP, Intelligence Report 2350 BC is developed by the Japanatican Expansion & Security Team (JEST), which has done us the favor in developing this complementary intelligence map for the help in developing a holistical doctrine around assuring expansion, strategic resources and defensible borders for Japanaticas 2nd Term.

First of all, in order to understand the map legend.

Ellipses:
Dark Red: Japanatica (Militaristic, Religious)
Light Red: Imperial Rome (Militaristic, Commercial)
Yellow: Zulu (Militaristic, Expansionist)
Green/Dark Blue: Babylonia (Scientific, Religious)

Grey areas are open plains, grasslands and deserts, cavalry terrain
Green areas are forests/Jungles, ambushing/defense terrain
The remaining areas are mostly hills and ountains, fortifiable terrain

The Dark Red Numbered Border Positions (NBS) are marked as red lines, and these are backed by dark red ellipses showing defense bonus terrain in slight overlap with the Domestic Ministry Migration and Urbanization Plan.

Brown marks strategic resource, here horses, for the cavalry
Violet marks the luxury spots, within our reach diamonds and wines.

In this plan, it is important to consider tha domestic expansion and military development will impact foreign relations and vice versa. I am proud to announce that Japanatica has changed from an initial posture of appeasement, where we gave away 20 gold for 3 turns of Bronze research, and changed that into a stunning diplomatic success. For our knowledge of the wheel, we managed to negotiate pottery and warrior code, bringing us so much closer to our designated goal of enlightened monarchy. We are 12 turns away from iron working, and may develop a sound strategy to occupty Iron for a city in two turnchats. I will ask specifically to line up a settler specifically for buildiing an iron ore city for that turnchat.

An extension to the already fledgling relationship with the Zulus, was that they offered their workforce for a bargain price of 30 gold, effectively doubling the Japanatican workforce with unskilled Zulu Labor.
I am proud to announce that Japanatica is already a multiethnic nation.

The main vision of this plan, is to do as Emperor Augustus, Dividem et Rulem, and build a defensible border till the Samurai is complete in Term 2.

Finally, I agree with the Domestic plans in general as laid out, and line up with Fier Canadien in that we must envelop from the center, by building a city there, and then expand immediately to halt Babylonian expansion north to the
Gem Mountains (Yotsubishi Yama). The strategy would be to develop defensible systems Center, South and then East in that order, following the city plans of Noldodan and Sir Donald III.
This is a long term strategy from Foreign Affairs designated to build better relations with the Babylonians in the South, and to assure that the Romans will fight the Zulus for the Southern Grape Plains, the Famous Grapes of Wrath Steppes. In this system, fortifications on the hills, using the Huge Lake as a defensible border and a mobile reserve of cavalry, will keep our defense
needs until the day of the samurai, converting the mobile cavalry reserve into
Samurai, 100 % in line with Minister Sarevok and General Falcon02's plans.

This strategy is also fully compatible with plans drafted by Domestic Minister Noldodan, in drafting specialized resurce cities.

This strategy is also fully compatible with the science department, as this plans focuses cities near commerce bringing diamonds and rivers.

Finally, culture would have a major impact in defining overlapping zones, so I am curious to see how the Ministry of culture can embed plans for our easily built temples into this equation. I am all open minded, and propose this general strategy open to all ministers and citizens to provide fresh ideas.
And I am perfectly fine with roles, no Minister needs to pretend to be a Citizen and vice versa. That is the end of this intro.

Please speak your mind people, the floor is open.

Attachments

• DG5_BC2350_GEOPOL2.JPG
    DG5_BC2350_GEOPOL2.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 134
I expect no naval invasion during term 1. But a lak and an Ocean is an excellent natural border until then. I do not want to start wars, hence, we need to have defensible borders.

Actually, the map as stands looks like an excellent idea for a "First Province", especially if Epimethius' location for the Sector 6 City passes. That little bit of explored desert would likely be included in the Province because of the nearby hills, yet may or may not actually become part of our Defensive line. We'll just have to see where we settle in Sector 4, near Fortification 5.

Now, if my site for Sector 6 passes, then that could be part of a "Southern" Province, along with my choice of a Sector 7 City, which would be outside the Defendable perimiter, so... meh...

That graphic looks a little phschadelic! :crazyeye:

Anyway, with 3 militaristic civs on the map (and possibly more), there's bound to be war. BTW, someone in the chatroom (Prov I think), said this is probably a continent. What's the thinking on that?

Well, judging from the shape of the land, being in the periphery of the
world map with such a dense landmass, I sense wea reon a continent. The terrain suggests a 3 billion year planet, dry and warm. I think as we see a river go eastwards around the Northern wine, that river will end sooner or later into the ocean. We glimpse
some water to the South, which may well be ocean. However, this is one continent, in the far west. And we will see war.

Any ideas yet if it's 60/70/80% water?

We never know, we guess, but the location on the worldmap can mean anything. Yet, 70 % is in the middle of the range, and a fair guess.

I'd have to say our main defensible posistion would have to be the whale ;) it add's extra protection (i know it doesnt) what i think we need to be worried about is the advancing barbarian hordes coming from the forest north of us, we should try and get some riflemen there as quickly as possible to defend it ;)

That river flows into that lake. Which makes it like the Volga: a really long river going into a dissapointingly small body of water surrounded by desert.

Note the southern ocean near Rome, too.

Top Bottom