How to install a custom Leaderhead in BtS

Where can I get NotePad++? When I installed Windows 7, it was a clean-install, and so it wiped it out. I know I've mentioned that before, but I'm still tracking down old files.

Every bigger software project should have a wikipedia entry ;). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notepad++ provides you the homepaage ;).
(i would link the download directly, but it redirects me everytime to the german page, i can't access the english one)

Questions about custom diplomacy text, especially regarding leader specific text.
Hope this falls under Custom Leaderhead question since I don't think a new thread would be appropriate. If there is another thread about modding Civ4DiplomacyInfos XML file, please redirect me, thanks.

So, I understand that in order to generate leader specific diplomacy text (for the example, lets call the leaderhead "Matthew"), the lines would look like this:

Spoiler :
<Response>
<Civilizations/>
<Leaders>​
<Leader>​
<LeaderType>LEADER_MATTHEW</LeaderType>​
<bLeaderType>1</bLeaderType>​
</Leader>​
</Leaders>
<Attitudes/>
<DiplomacyPowers/>
<DiplomacyText>​
<Text>AI_DIPLO_REFUSE_TO_TALK_ALL_NATIONS_1</Text>​
</DiplomacyText>​
</Response>

Now, WHAT IF I want to do the opposite? Instead of having just ONE LINE specific only to "Matthew", I want to have ONE LINE that every leader would use except for "Matthew". I've tried the following, which didn't work (note how I changed a variable from 1 to 0):

Spoiler :
<Response>
<Civilizations/>
<Leaders>​
<Leader>​
<LeaderType>LEADER_TRYING_TO_BE_UNIQUE</LeaderType>​
<bLeaderType>0</bLeaderType>​
</Leader>​
</Leaders>
<Attitudes/>
<DiplomacyPowers/>
<DiplomacyText>​
</DiplomacyText>​
</Response>

But adding a different leader to specifically use that text solved the problem:

Spoiler :
<Response>
<Civilizations/>
<Leaders>​
<Leader>​
<LeaderType>LEADER_MATTHEW</LeaderType>​
<bLeaderType>0</bLeaderType>​
</Leader>​
<Leader>​
<LeaderType>LEADER_ALFRED</LeaderType>​
<bLeaderType>1</bLeaderType>​
</Leader>​
</Leaders>
<Attitudes/>
<DiplomacyPowers/>
<DiplomacyText>​
</DiplomacyText>​
</Response>

Result was, leader "Matthew" will avoid using that "Refuse to Talk" line, while only leader "Alfred" will use that line.

Problem is, I don't want that line to be specific only to one leader, I want it to function as a generic line, but specific a leader(s) to avoid using it. I hope this is clear.

Well, this isn't very helpful, but if you can pull this off, I hope I see the mod it ends up in, because that is a very clever idea :)

Well, this isn't very helpful, but if you can pull this off, I hope I see the mod it ends up in, because that is a very clever idea :)

The mod I'm hoping to use this in is based on a web comic (It became so popular, its been produced as an anime in Japan).

The web comic portrays anthropomorphic nations as human characters set during the WW2 era (although they do cover other bits of history as a side focus). The character themselves have all of the stereotypical characteristics attributed to the nationality they represent so this is certainly not for those who are easily offended. Most of the jokes are over the top funny and not meant to be taken seriously.

I included the link to the webcomic on the mod download page. Feel free to check that out and also what I've done so far on the game mod!

This mod is basically a flavor mod created for fans of said-web comic, with the characters featured as leaderheads of their represented countries, along with custom leader-specific text. It still plays like a regular game of Civ4 (I actually built it off of the NextWar mod).

Is there a way to set a leaderhead to being unplayable?

I'd like to include some 'boss'-style leaderheads for various civs in my mod, and I want to set them as "AI-only". Is there another way to do this instead of making an entirely different civilization for that leader to lead?

Hi. I've just followed the tutorial and more or less succeded to implement Lenin to the game. Everything works fine exept for his name when I have the option to choose him when starting a new game.
Because his name in the game is: TXT_KEY_LEADER_LENIN - RUSSIA

The coding is as follows:
<LeaderHeadInfo>
<Type>LEADER_LENIN</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_LEADER_LENIN</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_LEADER_LENIN_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_LEADER_LENIN</ArtDefineTag>

Have I done anything wrong? Is there a way to change this?

Have you entered an BTS_OBJECT tag for him? If not, it will think that his name is TXT_KEY_LEADER_LENIN-RUSSIA because it has nothing to refer to for the object you've added.

No problem! Just remember, whenever you see things like that appearing, just look to make sure there's an entry in every field. I remember when I tried to change the Holy Roman cities from their English names to their local names and forgot that changing the tag of Vienna, for instance (CITY_VIENNA to CITY_WIEN) wouldn't do what I wanted :p

Top Bottom