How to install a light dual version...

kryszcztov

Deity
I have a French version of the whole game, and would like to be able to play US/UK games as well (eg. mods). I'd prefer to avoid getting a US/UK version (which I have already done), since I want to use my French version, and I'd also prefer not to have 2 full versions on my HD. Please could only the people who are well aware of this problem try to help me, thanks a lot. ;)

I now have the full UK Vanilla units folder (the only one of the 3 that was messed up), thus having 2 Vanilla units folders in my art folder (one in French and one in English). I would like to know if it's enough, or if I have to do something else. I don't mind changing folders' names each time I switch version. But is it all that needs to be done ?

No. You need to have another folder for anything that's not the same in French and English.

I think there's a utility in the Utility Subforum for converting mods from english to french.

Check out this thread. It may have the util you're looking for.

Yeah thanks ! How could this thing be hidden on this forum ? I'll test it right away, and report any bug.

Me happy. Me now able to forget about Firaxis's tricky trick for foreign people. The last thing we want is a game about civilizations being incompatible between different languages, uh ?

Top Bottom