How To: Make Leaderheads! Ekmek's Guide

Ok everything is fine, except I still only get those 3 choices on import and export!!

Any help???

Whenever I imported stuff into blender, it would take ages, and tell me it's not responding, but eventually brought it up if I waited long enough. Is that what you mean?

Anyone have an answer, I still only get 3 choices when I go on import/export, none of which are nif.

yea i reinstalled everything once already, thats when i saw that there were only the 3 choices

I still only get the 3 choices....any help? I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling....????

So Ekmek, and progress on reworking the tut or finding out my problem?? :blush:

I don't mean to rush you, I know you have other things to work on ;)

@ Italia
which Blender version do you use? (2.45, 2.46 - both need python 2.5)
When you start Blender is there in the script window written that python was found? [if not reinstall python, most Blender scipts need python and without python correct installed they will not work (and perhaps not even recognized and shown as option)]

First off, thank you, Ekmek, for continuing to work on my problem, and good luck on the tutorial! :thumbsup:

Ok the blender version i have is 2.46. When I open Blender, the script window says:

Compiled with Python version 2.5.
Checking for installed Python... got it!

So there's the info for you two, and ideas?

try to install the nifscripts for blender version 2.2.10 (i still use them, not up to date but work like they should [at leat for units] - you will not have to register the scripts hte way Ekmek described - side question: work this version with leaderheads?), i´m not sure if the older version still work with the newer blender version. And install all additional needed programs like the PyFFI for example (not sure what all is needed, but i think iirc the install of the scripts will say it to you)

scripts:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=149157&package_id=166219
pyFFI:
http://pyffi.sourceforge.net/

Edit: but nevertheless you should have more than 3 option when selecting import direct after blender installed

So should I uninstall blender, the nifscripts, and pyffi before I install those 2 things and blender?

And am I installing the same blender I have now?

Thank you

try to uninstall all (and for safety also delete manual after the uninstall the blender folder), install python first, blender and after blender the rest. Already after the Blender install there should be more than 3 import options.

I also work with 2.46 and the 2.2.10 scripts, but i only make units, so no idea if it still works with leaderheads. If you want to use the script version in this tutorial described it would be better if you search for an older Blender version (2.43)

I'm sorry, what is the python link? :blush:

Thank you for everything I'll try as soon as possible!

Top Bottom