How To: Make Leaderheads! Ekmek's Guide

Alright, now I'm confused. I finally got around to working on the Franco fix, so I loaded him up and it looks like everything is fine to me. What is the problem?

Attachments

• FrancoIssue.jpg
    FrancoIssue.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 75
You mean why is he covered in white triangles? I thought you would know that! You've either just loaded him up or you've clicked on him. He's supposed to be like that if you just loaded him up. Try clicking on something further away :p

You mean why is he covered in white triangles? I thought you would know that! You've either just loaded him up or you've clicked on him. He's supposed to be like that if you just loaded him up. Try clicking on something further away :p

LOL, that was helpful. :rolleyes:

Well, what's the problem then?

Oh, I thought you were joking. :blush:

The problem isn't the white triangles, that just means I have that mesh selected. The problem is that the Env file is there, so I don't understand why the shaders are screwing up on it.

Oh, now I see :p I guess it's not the nonshader.dds file...I don't know what to tell you...

Ok problem my nifswap did this:

I bet a screenshot of your exported nif has the tristrips in a ninode. sometimes when they share materials but are separate object the exporter will put them in a ninode parent. basically don't copy over each tristrip but take the ninode above them it should line up. if not post your last blend and exported nif.

Hey, not a whole lot of action here lately huh?

Hopefully somebody reads this.

I am working on a few LHs right now, and I wanted to do a couple of things that I have never done before. So hopefully someone here can tell me if any of this is possible at all.

First, I want to turn on object that is not normally metallic to something that looks metallic. I suppose I can be quite specific here, because frankly I am usually not secretive about my projects. Basically I want to take a model of an eagle, and make it look like it is made out of gold so I can use it as part of a helmet. If I need to be a bit more specific/descriptive I can be, although I think that pretty much sums it up. Is this possible?

Secondly, I think everyone has seen that Digger/ANZAC unit out there. With the smoking cigarette? I want to integrate that into an LH that will be smoking a pipe. Does anyone know what I am supposed to do to get the pipe to have a smoking effect, and if possible, to have a burning ember effect to it as well?

Thanks.

1) get the specular properties or env from a gold.dds should do the trick. maybe mess with the spec and material properties in nifskope too.

2) see what the smoking effect in the unit is. Otherwise see my Attila I added a lot of stuff for the background nif to make the city on fire. I stole it from the revolting cities nif.

I'll give that a shot, thanks.

If you check my leaderhead gallery there is a preview of the Arpad LH I am working on. Basically I intend on turning that bird atop his helmet into gold. :goodjob:

Great tutorial! But i have a problem

I made it so close to the end! But then when i went to do the nifswap i got the failed to map parent link NiNode|Scene Root.00

so i deleted the ".00" like you said on a previous post, and had to do something similar with the head and a mouth crease bone, but after that it copied. Except at this point it was distored after i copied it. So then you said if it was distored to run it in and out of blender, and here's the main problem.

I got it into Blender, but then when i try to export it, it gives me the error message, "multiple bones with the name "b_fingerL_4pinky_01": probably you have multiple armatures, please parent all meshes to a single armature and try again"

Something possibly related, before i exported the suit i went to global and made sure everything but the suit was gone. Then when i imported it again in the Zara Yaqob file it already had all the vertex groups assigned. As far as i can tell there's only one armature in the file. Thanks in advance

Is it possibelt ot ake parts from one leaderhead lets say a beard and put it into another leaderhead; also is there an easy way to change the leaderhead skin color especially a current one. That at the moment is my only problem:(

Is it possibelt ot ake parts from one leaderhead lets say a beard and put it into another leaderhead; also is there an easy way to change the leaderhead skin color especially a current one. That at the moment is my only problem:(

Those two acts combined are basically all you need to know to make leaderheads.

Read the tutorial, you'll learn how to do both of those things.

Great tutorial! But i have a problem

I made it so close to the end! But then when i went to do the nifswap i got the failed to map parent link NiNode|Scene Root.00

so i deleted the ".00" like you said on a previous post, and had to do something similar with the head and a mouth crease bone, but after that it copied. Except at this point it was distored after i copied it. So then you said if it was distored to run it in and out of blender, and here's the main problem.

I got it into Blender, but then when i try to export it, it gives me the error message, "multiple bones with the name "b_fingerL_4pinky_01": probably you have multiple armatures, please parent all meshes to a single armature and try again"

Something possibly related, before i exported the suit i went to global and made sure everything but the suit was gone. Then when i imported it again in the Zara Yaqob file it already had all the vertex groups assigned. As far as i can tell there's only one armature in the file. Thanks in advance

yeah the scene root error means that you didn't import a boneless skeleton. it might be that you mixed two methods. my basic method in the guide and the skeleton swapping that i described in the thread. post your last blend file and the associated nifs and I try and take a look.

Is it possibelt ot ake parts from one leaderhead lets say a beard and put it into another leaderhead; also is there an easy way to change the leaderhead skin color especially a current one. That at the moment is my only problem

my guide exactly covers how to take and add parts to leaders. but if the beard is alread separated in nifskope then its easier to copy over.

to change the color of the skin you just need a paint program like Gimp with a dds plug-in to do it.

Ok, here's my working folder in a zip
Zara.nif is the final exported version that doesn't work
de_Gaulle_Suit.nif is the exported suit, and de_Gaulle_Suit.blend is the blender file for it
Zara_11.blend and Zara_12.blend are my files as i was working

EDIT: i also have an extra option in my import script (I got the newest one about three days ago when i started). It's just below the "Keyframe File" section, and it has a box similar to that labeled "FaceGen EGM File" and then beneath that a button labeled animate and a scale slider. I did not click the button (so it's off) and i left the slider at one and the file space blank. Should i put animate on?

Attachments

• leaderheads.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 58
Ok, here's my working folder in a zip
Zara.nif is the final exported version that doesn't work
de_Gaulle_Suit.nif is the exported suit, and de_Gaulle_Suit.blend is the blender file for it
Zara_11.blend and Zara_12.blend are my files as i was working

EDIT: i also have an extra option in my import script (I got the newest one about three days ago when i started). It's just below the "Keyframe File" section, and it has a box similar to that labeled "FaceGen EGM File" and then beneath that a button labeled animate and a scale slider. I did not click the button (so it's off) and i left the slider at one and the file space blank. Should i put animate on?

i dopnt have those buttons and I wouldnt push them

Top Bottom