[BTS] How to Merge These Mods? (RevDCM & Varietas Delectat)

popepiusix

Chieftain
Hi all,
I have spent the past 7 hours trying all sorts of ways to merge these two mods.

RevDCM - Uses a DLL.
Download:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/revolutiondcm-for-bts.262937/

Varietas Delectat (including Ethnic Diversity) - Doesn't have a DLL, just a graphical mod (with some minor changes to Tech tree in the future era). Has lots of stuff in the Modules folder in Assets for whatever reason.
Download:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-delectat-v9-2-civ-specific-unit-sets.237192/
(Just in the default download link)

I thought that in this case it would be relatively simple, but whatever I do it doesn't work and I can't understand why.
Things I tried:
1. Adding new files + Going one by one through existing files in the XML folder and using WinMerge to add additional parts.
2. Adding only the modules folder and modularloading = 1
3. Some combinations of the above
I either get a 'Cannot load XML' error for stuff in modules or a 'Tag xxx in yyy was incorrect' for stuff in XML folder, or just a crash on startup.

Can someone please help me understand how to do it? I can pay you if you manage to merge them

Attachments

• modfolders.PNG
    modfolders.PNG
    122.1 KB · Views: 68
I have just tried it right now and it is a bit more complicated then I expected. I think the reason is that the CIV4UnitScheme.xml in RevDCM adds a few other options and the CIV4Scheme.xml in VD doesn't. A way you can make it work is by changing the VD unit scheme with the RevDCM unit shcheme.
But if you do that you will have to go through every unit in VD and add the following tags to every unit.
PHP:
    <ElementType name="bInquisitor" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
    <ElementType name="bCanBeRebel" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
    <ElementType name="bCanRebelCapture" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
    <ElementType name="bCannotDefect" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
    <ElementType name="bCanQuellRebellion" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
Otherwise you can play Legends of Revolution which adds VD.
Also you don't have to merge any of the Varietas Delectat Python, Art, and I think also XML files because all of those are for BUG and BUG mod is already in RevDCM. So all you need is the folders in Modules and the 3 fpk art containing files. The problem is with the scheme, don't forget.
Good luck anyway!

I have just tried it right now and it is a bit more complicated then I expected. I think the reason is that the CIV4UnitScheme.xml in RevDCM adds a few other options and the CIV4Scheme.xml in VD doesn't. A way you can make it work is by changing the VD unit scheme with the RevDCM unit shcheme.
But if you do that you will have to go through every unit in VD and add the following tags to every unit.
PHP:
    <ElementType name="bInquisitor" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
    <ElementType name="bCanBeRebel" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
    <ElementType name="bCanRebelCapture" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
    <ElementType name="bCannotDefect" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
    <ElementType name="bCanQuellRebellion" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
Otherwise you can play Legends of Revolution which adds VD.
Also you don't have to merge any of the Varietas Delectat Python, Art, and I think also XML files because all of those are for BUG and BUG mod is already in RevDCM. So all you need is the folders in Modules and the 3 fpk art containing files. The problem is with the scheme, don't forget.
Good luck anyway!

Wow amazing, thanks for the detailed reply!!!
Legends of Revolution seems to be exactly what I was looking for.
(I'll still try doing as you say regarding merging for my own education ;-) )

Thanks again!

Top Bottom