1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to overthrow a foreign Democracy

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Strategy & Tips' started by Konig15, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Konig15

Konig15 Warlord

In Civilization 2, to quote the Prequels, I hate Democracy, it's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere....wait....

Wrong quote. Point is, in Civ 2 I like bribing units and subverting cities and I can do neither with foreign democracies. Luckily the AI launches more coups than a Latin American military, so all I have to do is wait. But is there anything I can do to destabilize foreign democracies so I can get those sweet sweet NONE units that much sooner and reliably?

2. Ali Ardavan

Ali Ardavan Mathematician Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

For democracies as well as rich countries regardless of government type, gather info on the capital by sacrificing a diplomat or two, then put together a large enough force and capture the capital. The very rich ones switch their capital immediately. In that case, you may have to do this more than once.