How to prevent extra resources and camps being added to the map

Alphons Rodulfo

weakling
I am in the process of creating a map in Worldbuilder. Part of the setup is the distribution of resources and barbarian camps. When I test the maps by playing a game with it, it seems that extra resources have been planted. The resources I put on the map are still there, but other resources appear too. Is there a way to prevent that from happening?

Thanks in advance!

Moderator Action: thread moved to Creation & Customization section, the map section is for finished maps only, thanks :)

In the World Builder, go to the Misc tab, you can disable "Randomize Resources" and "Randomize Goodies" there ("goodies" mean Ancient Ruins).

Barbarian camps are generated during the game, so you can't prevent them from appearing using the World Builder, you can only disable the barbarians altogether using the "No Barbarians" option.

Yes, that seems to work. Thanks again! I did not realize that those `randomize` options are in fact on/off switches.

I can live with the random barbarian camps, it was primarily the distribution of resources I wanted to control.

Top Bottom