How to quickly create a Mod from a Civilization 6 Map using Zobtzler's YnABMC and YnAMP

-_- It crashes again.((((

P.S. Could you please check "Map.xml" if it was filled correctly? I used GiantEarth as a template and left only those Civs and CSs that were needed.

Attachments

• CPD_RealEarth.rar
    64.8 KB · Views: 159
  • Map.xml
    4.4 KB · Views: 177
-_- It crashes again.((((

P.S. Could you please check "Map.xml" if it was filled correctly? I used GiantEarth as a template and left only those Civs and CSs that were needed.
replace"/>>" by "/>" at line 20

check the map by setting the options in the advanced setup screen (like I did for rivers), I won't be able to launch an external game until next WE

I have found the culprit. It was the same river. Now everything works well. Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited:
Gedemon, Manage to download the bit map converter. However your point 5 to launch YnABMC.exe file not found in the downloaded content. I only see YnABMC file ‘type’ as Visual C# Project file. Appreciate your feedback

Last edited:
I have problems to import the river from in-game WB.
This is how I create the river in the in-game WB:

When starting the real game with this in-game WB map:

The convertor setting:

Thanks!
Make sure to have a starting point inland and an end point in sea for your rivers. And any loop will make the game crashes.

You can simulate delta (may require a bit of additional coding in your map's Lua script for a good visual presentation), as long as each branch doesn't create a loop.

Gedemon, Manage to download the bit map converter. However your point 5 to launch YnABMC.exe file not found in the downloaded content. I only see YnABMC file ‘type’ as Visual C# Project file. Appreciate your feedback
you've downloaded the source code it seems, there should be a link to the executable in the tool's thread.

Firstly, would like to thank Gedemon and Zobtzier for the Bit Map Conversion software, YnAMP and guidance on the map creation. I successfully managed to create the map and its working. Need to create a True Start Location for Civilizations and City-States files. Thank you.

I used this method, and it worked! (For Gathering Storm) The only issue I had was it wasn't using the start positions I placed via the World Builder. The way I have my map laid out, I placed specific starting positions to balance six different civs on a duel size map. How do I get it to "import" my start positions?

I've been having an issue related to map making, and i'm having trouble solving it. Maybe one of the veteran map makers has an answer? I already posted it to reddit here: https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/bdmey5/any_way_to_remove_this_world_builder_map_from_my/

Even replacing it with another map with the same ID does not fix it. I just end up with 2 maps with the same ID that way. If I generate a map using YnABMC that has the same ID, it overwrites it, but once deleted this ghost map returns.

Hi,

I'm having some trouble creating true start locations for my custom map. Please bear with me as I have 0 modding experience.

So from reading the threads and your comment, I only have to add lines to the map.xml file located in the maps folder of my custom map mod right?

So here's the entirety of the code so far in the map.xml file located in my "custom map mod". I haven't included every civilization and city state in the game yet that I plan to add as I was testing if I can make the TSL work. So far, it hasn't worked at all but my civs keep spawning in the (not location I wanted) same tile after repeated "create new games". I also deleted the game data line since from my understanding, it should be game info.

Help please

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<GameInfo>
    <!-- True Start Locations. You have to fill this in manually -->
    <StartPosition>
        <!--<Replace MapName="Dave_DaveCarthageGameFinal2_Map" Civilization ="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA"    X="0" Y="0" />-->
        <Replace MapName="Dave_DaveCarthageGameFinal2_Map" Civilization ="CIVILIZATION_PHOENICIA"    X="70" Y="25"/>
        <Replace MapName="Dave_DaveCarthageGameFinal2_Map" Civilization ="CIVILIZATION_EGYPT"    X="60" Y="24"/>
        <Replace MapName="Dave_DaveCarthageGameFinal2_Map" Civilization ="CIVILIZATION_MALI"    X="91" Y="20"/>
        <Replace MapName="Dave_DaveCarthageGameFinal2_Map" Civilization ="CIVILIZATION_OTTOMANS"    X="98" Y="39"/>
        <Replace MapName="Dave_DaveCarthageGameFinal2_Map" Civilization ="CIVILIZATION_ROME"    X="82" Y="35"/>
    </StartPosition>

<!-- Real City Naming. You have to fill this in manually -->
    <!--
        * CityLocaleName must have a matching entry in MapText.xml
        * Area is by default 1 (i.e. a radius of 1, i.e. one center tile and six surrounding tiles.
          A radius of 2 adds yet another 12 surrounding tiles. A radius of 0 is only 1 tile)
        * Civilization should only have a value if a name applies to only one civ. I.e. a tile can
          have multiple entries for different civs, such as "London" as a standard value for London,
          but "Londres" for France or "Londinium" for Rome
    -->
    <CityMap>
        <!--<Replace MapName="Dave_DaveCarthageGameFinal2_Map" X="0" Y="0" CityLocaleName="LOC_CITY_NAME_Dave_DaveCarthageGameFinal2_Map_SOME_CITY_NAME" Area="1" Civilization="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA"/>-->
    </CityMap>
</GameInfo>

Both GameData or GameInfo should work IIRC.

The map name is matching what you have in the config file ?

Could you post the Lua, modding, and database logs after trying to start a game with the map?
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/how-to-get-the-log-files-before-reporting-a-bug.619054/

@TripleExit : have you checked in the mod's folder how many versions are there ?

Hi, I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to be looking at to find the map name (first time even tinkering with an xml file lol), so I've attached the config file, lua, modding log, and database log here in order for you to more clearly see the problem.

I really appreciate the help! I can't imagine not being able to play this map after I've painstakingly placed and curated resouces and placement for every civilization for 6 hours :(

Thanks again!

Attachments

• Config.xml
    6 KB · Views: 245
  • Log files.zip
    32.3 KB · Views: 187
Thanks for the logs, try to remove the possible duplicates from the mod folders, your config and map XML show the name to be "Dave_DaveCarthageGameFinal2_Map", but YnAMP get "Dave_DaveCarthageGame-Final_Map" name from the DB, which means either another config file is loaded after and erase the correct value OR the map you pick in the setup screen is not "Dave_DaveCarthageGameFinal2_Map.lua"

Thanks for the logs, try to remove the possible duplicates from the mod folders, your config and map XML show the name to be "Dave_DaveCarthageGameFinal2_Map", but YnAMP get "Dave_DaveCarthageGame-Final_Map" name from the DB, which means either another config file is loaded after and erase the correct value OR the map you pick in the setup screen is not "Dave_DaveCarthageGameFinal2_Map.lua"

Thank you so much!

A quick test showed that after deleting the other versions, I was able to correctly load them in their desired locations! Last bit of help - do you know where I can find the civilization and city states name so that I can correctly input their names in the code for proper placing?

Thanks again!

Directly in the Civilization table in the debug database using a SQL tool, or in the game's XML files using a text editor than can search in multiple files ("CivilizationType" or "CIVILIZATION_" for example)

SUPER LAST QUESTION.

Is there a way to force which city states spawn? I individually curated the city states I want in my game and positioned them, but after continued reloads of the map, it seems that not all city states I want spawn. When the city states I want spawn, they spawn on the starting locations I chose for them, but the other random city states just pop up anywhere. Different city states respawn after every relaunch so I was hoping there was a way to make only the city states I chose spawn

I super appreciate you taking the time to answer, if I could give you chocolates rn I would.

No direct way, you need to make a mod that remove all CS except the ones you want on your map.

Top Bottom