How to quickly create a Mod from a Civilization 6 Map using Zobtzler's YnABMC and YnAMP

No direct way, you need to make a mod that remove all CS except the ones you want on your map.

Hi again, Gedemon. Hope you are ok. I would like to get your help if you don't mind. Since my last request, everything was ok. I finished editing the Giant Earth map and used YNABMC to play it. But now I have a problem. I always had a some kind of testing in the last era of the game to create the space shuttle and observe all the map (to check if everything is ok), but now, my game crashes during presentations of Natural Wonders. So, I finish the space shuttle programm, then begins the presentation of the 1st Nat. wonder. I skip it, then skip the next, and again, and again, and after another one...CRASH. Please help me, if it is possible.(

By the way, In mod menu I have "Map mod without a name" (something like that). When it's activated the game crashes just before the turn when my shuttle should be ready.(

P.S. I use Natural Wonders mods like "Terra Mirablis", "Ngorongoro crater", "Great Blue hole". Ar first I checked if they could casue the crash, but my tests resulted in nothing.
P.P.S. You need logs and the my mod, yes? (Besides, I can send a list of mods used, if needed)

Last edited:
The game's unstable at map size bigger than "Enormous" since the GS patch, nothing we can do on our side, we can only hope that a patch from Firaxis will restore pre-GS stability (well pre-2017 stability would even be better, when the 230x115 Largest Earth was rock-stable for a full game with 60 players)

The game's unstable at map size bigger than "Enormous" since the GS patch, nothing we can do on our side, we can only hope that a patch from Firaxis will restore pre-GS stability (well pre-2017 stability would even be better, when the 230x115 Largest Earth was rock-stable for a full game with 60 players)

So you think it's the World Builder issue?

No, the WB is fine, it's a game issue.

No, the WB is fine, it's a game issue.

Another thing that I wanted to ask you about is a problem with the city-states TSL. I placed Kandi, Kumasi, Bandar-Brunei on the map and their location is written correctly in xml.file but they do not appear when I load the map. Could you please help?

P.S. This is the pre-GS patch problem.

ATM the game's pick the CS randomly from the available pool. To make sure those three are on the map, set the maximum number of CS in the setup screen but un-check the option to allow random placement for Civs without TSL, this way they'll be picked up with all the others by the game, but will be the only one placed on the map by the mod.

I'm going to add a CS selector to the setup screen for YnAMP, but it will be unrelated to having set or not set TSL...

I may add the TSL table to the config DB at some point so that the mod will be able to know which Civs/CS have TSL when on the setup screen (they are only in the Gameplay DB ATM, unavailable from setup), but that would force modders to update their custom civs so that their coordinates are also added in the config DB if I add a "only Civs/CS with known TSL" filter in the setup screen.

ATM the game's pick the CS randomly from the available pool. To make sure those three are on the map, set the maximum number of CS in the setup screen but un-check the option to allow random placement for Civs without TSL, this way they'll be picked up with all the others by the game, but will be the only one placed on the map by the mod.

I'm going to add a CS selector to the setup screen for YnAMP, but it will be unrelated to having set or not set TSL...

I may add the TSL table to the config DB at some point so that the mod will be able to know which Civs/CS have TSL when on the setup screen (they are only in the Gameplay DB ATM, unavailable from setup), but that would force modders to update their custom civs so that their coordinates are also added in the config DB if I add a "only Civs/CS with known TSL" filter in the setup screen.

I set up the maximum and un-check the option to allow random placement for Civs without TSL, but just before starting loading, the number of CSs lowers from 60 to 25. Though a have fewer CSs, but those three do not appear. Oh, and Hong Kong too.)

P.S. I like your ideas.)

Last edited:
I set up the maximum and un-check the option to allow random placement for Civs without TSL, but just before starting loading, the number of CSs lowers from 60 to 25. Though a have fewer CSs, but those three do not appear. Oh, and Hong Kong too.)
I'd like to see your Lua.log when you do that.

There can be only 62 (or 63 maybe) players in game, barbarians use one slot and free cities another, with 35 major civs, there is only 25 slots left for CS. The game picked randomly 25, but Kandi, Kumasi and Bandar-Brunei weren't part of it.

Hong-Kong was picked but its TSL seems to be set on a sea/ocean plot from the logs.

There can be only 62 (or 63 maybe) players in game, barbarians use one slot and free cities another, with 35 major civs, there is only 25 slots left for CS. The game picked randomly 25, but Kandi, Kumasi and Bandar-Brunei weren't part of it.

Hong-Kong was picked but its TSL seems to be set on a sea/ocean plot from the logs.

Thank you very much. I'll try to fix it.

Thank you very much again. I removed two civs, fixed the TSL of Hong-Kong and everyone appeared on the map... except for Bandar-Brunei and Kandy.(((

P.S. May be, there can be only 23 city-states?

How many CS are available in Civilization 6 ?

How many CS are available in Civilization 6 ?

Oh, well... Sorry.)) Do you have any ideas why do not Bandar-Brunei and Kandy appear? I selected only 21 city-states for my map, so I do not understand what's wrong.(

Yes, I know, I have already explained the problem with random selection by the game.

And I'don't know how to explain it differently: you need to set as many CS as there are available for civ6 to be sure to have all those you want on the map, else the RNG may not select one that you want.

As said, I'll provide a method to select your CS in the next release of YnAMP, but for now you don't have any other solution.

Yes, I know, I have already explained the problem with random selection by the game.

And I'don't know how to explain it differently: you need to set as many CS as there are available for civ6 to be sure to have all those you want on the map, else the RNG may not select one that you want.

As said, I'll provide a method to select your CS in the next release of YnAMP, but for now you don't have any other solution.

Ok. Thank you very much for your help and patience.

Top Bottom