How to scale production on Marathon speed

MasterTonberry

Chieftain
Im new to modding Civ, so I apologise if this query is answered somehere else but it would take me a massive amount of time to read through all the modding threads on this site. I am quite astute at modding most games but Civ is a bit of a different creature.

Anyway, I always play my games on marathon speed and I love the way techs take a long time to achieve even with an awesome research rate. This way, you get to spend a lot of time with each new era and the units that come with it. The only thing I dislike and really want to know how to change is the speed at which buildings and units are built in cities.

Ideally i would like the game on Marathon speed, but city production to be at the rate it would be at Epic or even Normal speeds. I want everything else to stay the same but buildings and units to be completed a lot faster. This way, new techs will still take a long time realistically to achieve and I can still build up an army of 15-20 units befire the next tech is available. I get slightly irritated at the start of Marathon games when an archer takes 20-30 turns to complete, more than it takes to research two new techs.

Does anyone know how to do this? Anhy help would be much appreciated and I will then have my ideal game of Civ.

I think I know how to do it by modding the XML files. :)

Go to the GameInfo XML file, then GameSpeedInfos. Marathon speed is at the top of the page. I think you need to lower the Construct and Build percents to what they are on Epic or Normal speeds, which will be shown further down the page.

Top Bottom