[HowTo] Play "Yet (not) Another Earth Map Pack" with CPP

Have an issue with resources (only oasis and atolls appear), no ruin placements and TSL isnt working with Ynaemp v25:

Dunno if any of this is helpful but Lua keeps flagging this:

[72261.593] Syntax Error: D:\Daleth\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFDLC (10) - Gedemon's YnAEMP (v 25)\LUA\YnaemLoading.lua:514: 'end' expected (to close 'function' at line 459) near 'elseif'
These lines correspond to:
Code:
function CanPlaceDepositAt (resourceID, plotX, plotY)
    local plot = Map:GetPlotXY(plotX, plotY)
    local ignoreLatitude = true

local resource = GameInfo["Resources"][resourceID]

if plot:GetPlotType() == PlotTypes.PLOT_OCEAN then
        -- don't use "CanHaveResource" if the plot is a ocean
        -- else all water resource will be placed immediatly at the coast
        -- we want some resources being almost out of reach
        -- to do : replace hardcoding by xml/DB settings

if plot:GetTerrainType() == TerrainTypes.TERRAIN_OCEAN then
            -- allow resource on ocean ?
            return false
        end
        if plot:GetFeatureType() == FeatureTypes.FEATURE_ICE then
            -- allow resource under ice ?
            -- melting mod someone ? :-)
            return false
        end
        if plot:GetResourceType(-1) ~= -1 then
            -- Plot already had a resource.
            return false
        end
        local condition = "ResourceType = '" .. resource.Type .. "'"
        local bIsWater = false
        for row in GameInfo["Resource_TerrainBooleans"](condition) do
            if row.TerrainType == "TERRAIN_COAST" then
                bIsWater = true
            end
        end
        if not bIsWater then
            -- this resource can't be placed on water...
            return false
        end
        if plot:IsLake() then
            -- the real hardcoding start here...
            -- no whales or oil in lakes
            if resource.Type == "RESOURCE_WHALE" or resource.Type == "RESOURCE_OIL" then
                return false
            end
        end
        if plot:IsAdjacentToLand() then
            -- no whales or oil near the coast
            if resource.Type == "RESOURCE_WHALE" or resource.Type == "RESOURCE_OIL" then
                return false
            end
        end
        if plot:IsFeatureAtoll() then
            -- no resources in atoll
            print ("do not place resources in atoll...")
            return false
            end   
        end
elseif (not plot:CanHaveResource(resourceID, ignoreLatitude)) then
        return false
    end

The only mods I use are that in the 43-Civ Version Repository (CP, CBO, CSDM, C4DF, More Lux, 43 Civs VP, UI Prom tree and Icons - non eui),
VP Happiness notifications (v1) and Ynaemp Leaders for City States (v. 3)
Any suggestions on getting resources?
Deeco

Have an issue with resources (only oasis and atolls appear), no ruin placements and TSL isnt working with Ynaemp v25:

Any suggestions on getting resources?
Deeco

Are you specifically wedded to using v25? I have been successfully playing with v22 since January, with all resources spawning correctly and accurate TSL; indeed, I'm currently in the middle of a Rome GEM game on the latest VP beta.

(The only broken features are those attempting to control resource spawning. If you check the boxes for placing Civ-specific or region-accurate resources, the client will crash on load. Resource scaling, however, works perfectly well but I recommend avoiding it for the GEM if you want Luxuries and monopolies to be relevant.)

When I try to play YnAEMP and CPP together I get a CTD and I was wondering if anyone could advise. I setup resources as per recommendations yet it still doesn't work. Do other things such as map size cause CTDs too since I prefer to play on the largest map possible. Any help/advice appreciated.

When I try to play YnAEMP and CPP together I get a CTD and I was wondering if anyone could advise. I setup resources as per recommendations yet it still doesn't work. Do other things such as map size cause CTDs too since I prefer to play on the largest map possible. Any help/advice appreciated.
Hey I just tried the same thing yesterday and it took me quite a while to figure out what was causing the CTD. Turn off the extra resources mod from CPP. That fixed it for me.

Hey I just tried the same thing yesterday and it took me quite a while to figure out what was causing the CTD. Turn off the extra resources mod from CPP. That fixed it for me.
Hi, how i can turn off extra resources? I didn't see any mods about this, i only use autoinstall version CPP and unit cultural diversity. It's my 2nd game when i have crashes on 230-250 turn

Anyone has links to download v25 working with VP? Or can upload somewhere?

Top Bottom