Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Is it intentional that the city state and barbarian Line Infantry have a different icon than the one of major civs?

Hi Sonihi,

Is it intentional that the city state and barbarian Line Infantry have a different icon than the one of major civs?

Not that I remember, I will have a look at this.

Hi, Hulfgar!
For some unknown reason, Russian translation in the new versions (IE beta1 v15 & CE v8 beta5) is not displayed in the game. I insert a Russian text manually as i did before - and it works. Here is a copy of installed mods folder with integrated Russian translation with new version changes.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/nq5bdq0oo1qgqof/Hulfgars_Modpack_IE_beta1_(v_15).7z
This version is checked on the performance of the game - Russian text present.
CE version work in progress.

Hi Wolfkrieg,

is russian a supported language in Civ5 or did you have to mod the game for it?

I found the reason for which was not displayed Russian text:it's necessary to delete the first two tag in file "Russian.xml" :
<Languages>
<Row>
<ID>6</ID>
<Type>ru_RU</Type>
<Name>&#1056;&#1091;&#1089;&#1089;&#1082;&#1080;&#1081; (Russian)</Name>
<TableName>Language_RU_RU</TableName>
<PluralRule>8</PluralRule>
<UseExtendedFont>1</UseExtendedFont>
<FontName>Verdana</FontName>
</Row>
</Languages>

<SpokenLanguages>
<Row>
<ID>6</ID>
<Type>ru_RU</Type>
<DisplayName>&#1056;&#1091;&#1089;&#1089;&#1082;&#1080;&#1081; (Russian)</DisplayName>
<Path>Russian</Path>
</Row>
</SpokenLanguages>
This tags correspond to older version of the game (1.0.3.18)- it's was my mistake. Without it all working correctly.

Thanks Wolfkrieg I will update!

I have an important professional exam to prepare so there will be not much in updates in the next 4 weeks :(

Is there a step by step of how to install this? I downloaded the self-installer version, however it give me missing texture errors upon trying to load a game. I'm running Brave New World, but have not installed any other mods/expansions.

Hello Dangerous_Dave,

you have only BNW, no other DLC?

In this case you need to do a manual installation of either the Industrial or Complete edition and then delete the DLCs and Gods and Kings sub folders in the mods folder.

When that's done you can pack a DLC modpack or wait until I make one for you, but this will take 1 or 2 days. (it's not long but I have an important professional job to finish first).

Thanks for your reply. I think I'm going to seem pretty noobish, but unfortunately this is the first time I've modded a game (late to the party). What I've done so far is take the radical path of reinstalling the game and then downloading those three mod files; placed them in the MODS folder and activated them all through the game. Unfortunately in the game I have a lot of black boxes now where graphics should be.

The only things in my MODS folder are the three subfolders relating to your mod (2 for artwork).

Is the last version of the mod compatible with BNW Civ5 ver. 1.03.144? If no, where can I get a version that is compatible? thx!

Is the last version of the mod compatible with BNW Civ5 ver. 1.03.144?

not the bison resource that what added with patch 276 would crash a file in the mod.

If no, where can I get a version that is compatible?
I don't keep obsolete versions of the mod, why not update your Civ with steam?

Dangerous_Dave your black boxes may come from the gpu texture decode option.
have you tried to disable it ? (launch Civ5, choose "options" and look at the bottom on the "video" tab)

Thank you for your reply! I was playing with a tsl map, until turn 100th, and it seems to work fine... It will crash only in games with this new resource? Unfortunatly I cannot update with steam... but I not planning to play online.

Hello I recently started playing this mod without much trouble with work around and fixes, but now I am having an issue at turn 405 where manual and auto save are creating huge save files and not continuing (25+ gb's) is there any fix for this?

Hi Chief501

Have you tried clearing the files within the "cache" folder manually and clear out the files within the "ModUserData" folder. Also delete any and all corrupt save files within the ModdedSaves/Single folder and inside that folder there is a folder called "Auto" clear those also of any corrupt saves ie 12kb files and 25GB files or the likes

Hi Chief501

Have you tried clearing the files within the "cache" folder manually and clear out the files within the "ModUserData" folder. Also delete any and all corrupt save files within the ModdedSaves/Single folder and inside that folder there is a folder called "Auto" clear those also of any corrupt saves ie 12kb files and 25GB files or the likes

Yes I tried that but it still creates huge files and doesn't stop until I end the process in task manager.
EDIT: So I tried launching on Directx 9 instead of 11 and it saved fine, is there something that would cause this issue with directx 11?

Top Bottom