Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did some searching, found this, and want to make sure this is the way to change mod load order:

"Disable them all, delete the caches, then enable them in the order you want them to load.

Claimed to work, but doesn't always (basically the mods load in whatever order they are retrieved from the database, which typically is the order you enable them in, but isn't guarenteed to be)

If mods need to load in specific orders (ie one depends on another) then they should have appropriate References/Depends entries in the .modinfo file"

Is this accurate?

I don't know about the .modinfo file work, but I will try to disable and delete and enable method. If that doesn't work, I will try to load YNAEMP mod first, save, then load Hulfgar.

Yes this is accurate.

some players reported to use YANEMP with my mod whithout problem, so it may have to do with the load order. If it doesn't work try the save map option.

This is really baffling me.

First, I am using Hulfgar for BNW 9 Beta5 (v9) and YNAEMP v 22.

I AM able to start YNAEMP without Hulfgar and save a map. Then I load Hulfgar without YNAEMP and load the map. Resources show up this way -- however, the true starting location does NOT work when I load the map like this. Is there any way around this?

So, I'd like to continue to try to figure out how to make them both work without enabling/disabling.

Maybe I loaded the mods incorrectly. I'm not sure. Here's what I did. For each try, I first deleted the cache.

1. I removed both mod folders from the MODS directory.
2. I moved YNAEMP into the MODS directory.
3. Started the program. Enabled YNAEMP.
4. Exited program and moved Hulfgar.
5. Restarted the program and enabled Hulfgar.
6. Tried to start a new game.
7. RESULT = LOADS FINE BUT NO RESOURCES

I then did the same thing but loaded Hulfgar first. This time, when it showed "Mods in Use," the order was reversed (Hulfgar was listed first). RESULT = NO RESOURCES.

What the heck am I doing wrong??

Maybe one of the players who reported no issues could contact me or let me know how they loaded or changed the orders or whatever they did to get it to work?

I appreciate your help. Up until this point, I was playing BNW without any mods at all, and only started using YNAEMP about a week ago.

Sure would like to figure this thing out and have True Starting Locations and the great features of Hulfgar!

EDIT: This is from the YnAEMP compatibility site. DOes this have anything to do with anything?

Compatibility

- Some files may need to be merged : MapGenerator.lua and WorldBuilderRandomItems.lua if they are used by another mod.
- This mod reinitialize and change 3 resources table : Resource_TerrainBooleans, Resource_FeatureTerrainBooleans, and Resource_FeatureBooleans. Any mod updating those tables should be loaded after this one.
- Since version 0.2, the YnAEMP City state Leader mod does not override any file.

Hello everyone,
Really enjoying version 10 at the moment. Really good. Just a quick question: Why is Infoaddict incompatible with this mod. As I've been using it with version 10 and it's working quite welll. But what has happened in the past with it?
Thank You
tau112

Hello Tau,

the incompatibility is between InfoAddict and Attila's Tooltip if I remember right.

If you want to take no risk you can delete or rename the subfolder AttilaResourcesTooltip in my mod's folder to disable this part.

I don't think that the conflict can lead to crashes, more probably one of the 2 parts will not work correctly.

Valhallan

- Some files may need to be merged : MapGenerator.lua and WorldBuilderRandomItems.lua if they are used by another mod.
- This mod reinitialize and change 3 resources table : Resource_TerrainBooleans, Resource_FeatureTerrainBooleans, and Resource_FeatureBooleans. Any mod updating those tables should be loaded after this one.
- Since version 0.2, the YnAEMP City state Leader mod does not override any file.

None of those files are changed by my mod.

I think the problem is that the new resources in my mod are not map generated. This is what may disturb YANEMP.

Hey Hulfgar

Really enjoying v11 of Modpack Complete, no bugs so far. One question, why aren't the unit flags from the industrial edition in the complete edition? Is there a way to change them without breaking a save?

Thanks for all your great work, my favourite Civ 5 mod by far! :)

Hello Grishnikov_007,

because I have a nasty bug with the strategivview icons and flags in the Complete Edition.

Either a bad line of code that I don't find so far or a bad graphic file.
But if I don't mistake I disabled only the custom modern flags and SV icons.

Hey Hulfgar,

As basically my first post on these forums (ive haunted them for months), I wanted to express how fantastic i think your mod is. The intricacy and thought that has gone into everything from Diesel/Kerosene requirements to Ironclad Ships of the Line to even something as simple as building a lumber mill on a jungle tile. It is a great addition to the game, and I have eagerly await your new ideas.

One idea that has come to mind as I have been playing pertains to bombers. Just as the allies bombed the axis' infrastructure into dust in WWII, I wonder if it would be possible to implement a "pillage" system whereby the bombers would damage tiles. Just a thought I figured I'd throw out, it may be impossible with the current engine.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I look forward to never playing vanilla civ ever again. :)

Hello Onmy6,

you need the building "holy war". This can be build only in the capital if it's a holy city.
Which means that you must have founded a religion.

In the next version it will be easier, the faith system is not working as I wished.

JediOmen,

I wonder if it would be possible to implement a "pillage" system whereby the bombers would damage tiles.
It's something that I'd like as well, for now I don't know how to do it or if it's possible.

Yeah, Im not sure either. Plus, the AI might not know what to do with it. Not to mention it might be a little OP. It was just a thought.
Was it possible to destroy terrain improvements via bombardment in earlier versions of Civilization? I am thinking that it was possible in II and III but it was dropped in IV and V.

So I gave up trying to use Y(n)AEMP with your mod, Hulfgar.

But that's all right. I did play with your mod -- and was really enjoying it. I saved often. But, alas, I checked the file after exiting the game and the save game was corrupted.

Was there any way to prevent that? Or just bad luck? Stinks because I did spend a lot of time in that game!

I also could not scroll the tech tree. It was stuck with no scroll bar.

For now, I guess I'll just wait for the next release because I don't want to invest that much time again and get another corrupted file. Looking forward to the next update/release, hopefully with fixes.

I was playing a game as Japan and noticed their UU the Zero couldn't board aircraft carriers. It's weird because that was the whole purpose of the Zero - the best carrier-able plane of its time. Is there any way to change this?

I was playing a game as Japan and noticed their UU the Zero couldn't board aircraft carriers. It's weird because that was the whole purpose of the Zero - the best carrier-able plane of its time. Is there any way to change this?

Grishnikov_007 thanks for pointing this out.
I've made the Zero a Navy Fighter UU, it will be in the next release of ver. 11 of the Industrial Modpack. This version will be released tomorrow.

Valhallan
Was there any way to prevent that? Or just bad luck?
No there is no real solution to prevent the save game bug.
The only workaround so far is to save immediately after founding the 1. city and check the save :
If it's around 12 ko then it's corrupt, delete this save, clear the cache, restart the computer (no joke!) and start a fresh game.

If the save is ok you should then save often and check the saves each time to make sure they are ok.
A bugged save (12ko) is written in no time by the computer, it's a good hint to see if the save you've just done is bad or not.

For the bug with oversized saves (gigabyte size) : you see it when the game doesn't come out of a saving process. Kill it from the task manager with ctrl-alt-del, delete the bad save, clear the cache and reload an earlier save.
It may help to load the good save on another PC if you can. I don't why but it worked for me.
This typer of bug seems to appear more in the late stage of the game.

householder

Was it possible to destroy terrain improvements via bombardment in earlier versions of Civilization? I am thinking that it was possible in II and III but it was dropped in IV and V.

In Civ IV it was possible with a mod I think, not sure, it's a long time since I played Civ IV!

For those wanting to play this mod on an Earth TSL map, there's a map somewhere on this forum called Play The World BNW edition. Since this is a lua file, it doesn't require you to load a scenario, so if you want to play Earth with more than 22 civs, load this map with DLL - Various Mod Components - 34 Civs and you can play earth with this mod, custom settings, 22+ civs. Just thought i would let the people who want to play YNAEMP know, this is a very good replacement.

I have found a bug in the late game of v11b2.
The Paratroop has only scout promotions and can be upgraded to a commando.

Hello Kirsche,

on my side the paratroopers have the vanilla promotions : free pillage moves and paradrop, do you use other mods?

The upgrade as Commando is correct. Since Commandos can paradrop they are supposed to be recruited from the best paratroopers (in the limit of 3 Commandos per Civ).

Grishnikov_007 thanks for the hint!

Top Bottom