Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Hi all,

Grishnikov_007 you will find the whole modbuddy project here : https://www.mediafire.com/?33bbaoei199x6z3

Onmy6, modbuddy is a part of the Civ5 SDK, you get it from Steam in Library/Tools

Some news about the mod :

As I said Darkscythe as provided me with a lot of help,

now I can implement TableSaverLoader in the mod (instead of SaveUtils) and I can rewrite the Lua code for the improvements accordingly.

The good thing is that the AI will get full benefit of this, the drawback is that it will be compatible only with BNW and I'm getting some mighty headaches from the Lua stuff :)

There is 2 things that I still have to code (and I need to find how first), when that's done I will rewrite the code for all the custom improvements, then test them so I don't expect to be ready before next week at best.

All the best

Hulfgar

Is there anyway I can start in the information area and it not crash on me and give me the year 5081 or when i start in the stone age and go down and makes me start in the year 1 AD and then crashes

Nick1831 which version are you playing?

Kirushanth this is a bug that does not always happens, I don't know were it comes from. With some luck the next version will solve it.

Nick1831 which version are you playing?

Kirushanth this is a bug that does not always happens, I don't know were it comes from. With some luck the next version will solve it.

I'm playing the newest version ah good a new version yes with anyluck it will be fixed

Hi all,

here is the new version for the Complete Edition as BETA :

Hulfgars Modpack for BNW CE 6 (v 6)

You will need the new versions of the art packs as well :

Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles (v 4)

Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles Modern (v 3)

What's new :

Coding :
- Switched the data saving from SaveUtils to TableSaverLoader from Pazyryk and the TSL Serializer from Darkscythe.

- Replaced the improvements code using Events.SerialEventImprovementCreated.Add" by "GameEvents.BuildFinished.Add".
While "Events.SerialEventImprovementCreated.Add" relies on the spawning of the graphic "GameEvents.BuildFinished.Add" relies on the build action.
In the 1st. case the AI would get benefit of the improvement only if the human player could see this improvement.
In the 2nd. case the event is triggered whenever a player (AI or human) finishes a build action anywhere on the map.

Note : "GameEvents.BuildFinished.Add" is available only since BNW and only for BNW.

Wonders :
Castel del Monte : Available with Chivalry, provides a free Castle in the City, the city must be on a Hill.
+2 Tourism and +1 Gold upon discovering Flight. 1 free Pikeman upon construction.
Cannot be build in the same city as the Himeji Castle.
-33% unhappiness from the number of cities in the empire.
Can host 1 Artifact

The Holy War is now a World Wonder limited to 14 exemplar (1 per religion).
This should allow for the splash screen (not tested yet).

Buildings :
Removed the Nuclear Reprocessing Plant
Removed the Synthetic Petrol Plant

Improvements :
New : Synthetic Petrol Plant :
Requires 12 Coal and will provide 6 Oil and 6 Kerosene.
If you don't have the 12 Coal you will see the improvement but it will not give oil and kerosene.
Should you have enough coal later the improvement will then work. If you loose the 12 coal it will stop working!
Will leak some nasty Chemical Waste if pillaged! (uses the fallout feature for now)
The Plant will keep leaking until it is repaired!
Must be build on Flatland, cannot be adjacent to another Synthetic Petrol Plant.
Remember that in this mod units ending their turn on Fallout will take 25 damage!
It uses the Industrial Site skin from BouncyMischa.

New : Nuclear Reprocessing Plant
Connects Uranium to the Empire and provides an extra + 5 Uranium.
Production +1, Science +1
Will generate Fallout if pillaged ! You must repair the Plant before cleaning the Fallout.
Remember that in this mod units ending their turn on Fallout will take 25 damage!
It uses the HERC skin from BouncyMischa.

Mine on Uranium :
Will generate Fallout on its hex if pillaged ! You must repair the Mine before cleaning the Fallout.

Removed the Remote improvements mod

Units :
Renamed the WWII Era Special Forces "Commandos"
Added the Special Forces, modern upgrade of the Commandos, can be upgraded as X-COM if the Mech units are enabled.
Special Forces skins : Civ4 skins made by Mechaerik of CFC, converted to Civ 5 by Wolfdog

Added custom skins for the Austrian and Swedish Early Jet fighters
Added custom skins for the Austrian and German Dreadnought. Original Civ 4 skin by Wolfshanze conterted to Civ5 by Wolfdog.

Removed the Contractor.

Reworked the Barbarian sub-mod to maximize compatibility with "Barbarian Immersion Enhancements" from Leugi

Compatibility :
The mod is still compatible with IGE, however : if you use IGE to spawn some custom improvements it will NOT trigger "GameEvents.BuildFinished.Add".
This means that you will get the improvement but not it's custom production (= no kerosene, no extra oil or uranium, nothing from the bio-refinery).
If you want to use IGE to quickly get an improvement do the following :
- spawn a worker
- build the improvement with the worker

The same is true if you want to destroy/remove/replace a custom improvement : do not just remove it with IGE
- spawn a worker
- replace the improvement with the worker

WARNINGS :
Requires Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles version 4 and Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles Modern (v 3)
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH EARLIER SAVEGAMES
Only for "Brave New World" (no vanilla or G&K is planned because some features are possible only with BNW)

Before you install and play this mod :

- delete any previous version of the mod
- clear the cache folder

This is a beta, planned for the release version is :

Custom notifications in case of fallout or chemical waste release
Custom build buttons for the new improvements.
The mod compiled in a installer by Onmy6

Eventually the Nuclear Reprocessing Plant will become an improvement of the same kind of the Synthetic Petrol Plant : not bound to Uran mine and if not connected to an Uran supply it will not work.
This will depend of your feedbacks and tests.

Bug reports :
If you find something not working please I will need :
- the log files (Lua.log, xml.log, Database.log)
- a save game would be nice
- the list of the mods you were playing with this.

I have the feeling that the mod takes longer to load.
For now I don't know if it's a bug, the size of the mod or my PC.

For an easier debugging I use a lot of "print" statements in the Lua code (to make it short : at each turn the improvements are checked to see if the player (AI or human) still gets the resources. The result is "printed" in the file Lua.log, you don't see it ingame).

Those "prints" can slow down the game in the end stage when the map is full.They will be disabled in the release version.

Special thanks to DARKSCYTHE who teached me a lot about Lua coding and answered all my questions.
Without him this version would not have been possible!

Now going to do the same on the Industrial Warfare mod :)

I forgot to mention that the X-Com Squad and GDR are disabled.
To enable them :
Delete the file NoMech.sql in ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Hulfgars Modpack Complete Edition for BNW\SQL

Save and launch the game.

I had to update the main file, I had forgotten to disable a unit that I use for testings.
Please download it again.

Hi all,

3 updates for today :

Hulfgars Modpack Industrial Edition for BNW v12beta1 (v 12)
The same big update as for the Complete Edition :

For reminder :
Spoiler :

Coding :
Switched the data saving from SaveUtils to TableSaverLoader from Pazyryk and the TSL Serializer from Darkscythe.
Replaced the improvements code using "Events.SerialEventImprovementCreated.Add" by "GameEvents.BuildFinished.Add".
While "Events.SerialEventImprovementCreated.Add" relies on the spawning of the graphic "GameEvents.BuildFinished.Add" relies on the build action.
In the 1st. case the AI would get benefit of the improvement only if the human player could see this improvement.
In the 2nd. case the event is triggered whenever a player (AI or human) finishes a build action anywhere on the map.

Note : "GameEvents.BuildFinished.Add" is available only since BNW and only for BNW.

Wonder :
Castel del Monte : Available with Feudalism, provides a free Castle in the City, the city must be on a Hill.
+2 Tourism and +1 Gold upon discovering Flight. 1 free Pikeman upon construction.
Cannot be build in the same city as the Himeji Castle.
-33% unhappiness from the number of cities in the empire.
Can host 1 Artifact

Buildings :
Removed the Nuclear Reprocessing Plant
Removed the Synthetic Petrol Plant
Removed the remote improvements mod.

Improvements :
New : Synthetic Petrol Plant,
Requires 12 Coal and will provide 6 Oil and 6 Kerosene.
If you don't have the 12 Coal you will see the improvement but it will not give oil and kerosene.
Should you have enough coal later the improvement will then work. If you loose the 12 coal it will stop working!
Will leak some nasty Chemical Waste if pillaged! (use the fallout feature for now)
The Plant will keep leaking until it is repaired!
Must be build on Flatland, cannot be adjacent to another Synthetic Petrol Plant.
It uses the Industrial Site skin from BouncyMischa.

New : Nuclear Reprocessing Plant
Connects Uranium to the Empire and provides an extra + 5 Uranium.
Production +1, Science +1
Will generate Fallout if pillaged ! You must repair the Plant before cleaning the Fallout.
It uses the HERC skin from BouncyMischa.

Mine on Uranium :
Will generate Fallout if pillaged ! You must repair the Mine before cleaning the Fallout.
Remember that in this mod units ending their turn on Fallout will 25 damage!

The Bio Refinery use the Gas Plant skin from BouncyMischa

Removed the Remote improvements mod

Units :
Renamed the WWII Era Special Forces "Commandos"

Added custom skins for the Austrian and Swedish Early Jet fighters
Added custom skins for the Austrian and German Dreadnought. Original Civ 4 skin by Wolfshanze conterted to Civ5 by Wolfdog.
Removed the Contractor.
Reworked the Barbarian sub mod to maximize compatibility with "Barbarian Immersion Enhancements" from Leugi (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=541704)

Compatibility :
The mod is still compatible with IGE, however : if you use IGE to spawn some custom improvements it will NOT trigger "GameEvents.BuildFinished.Add".
This means that you will get the improvement but not it's custom production (= no kerosene, no extra oil or uranium, nothing from the bio-refinery).
If you want to use IGE to get an improvement quickly do following :
- spawn a worker
- build the improvement with the worker

The same is true if you want to destroy/remove/replace a custom improvement : do not just remove it with IGE
- spawn a worker
- replace the improvement with the worker

Special thanks to DARKSCYTHE who teached me a lot about Lua coding and answered all my questions.
Without him this version would not have been possible!

WARNING : NOT COMPATIBLE WITH EARLIER SAVEGAMES
Requires Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles version 5

Hulfgars Modpack for BNW CE 6.1 (v 6)

Changes in 6.1 :
Spoiler :

Building a Nuclear reprocessing Plant or Synthetic Petrol Plant will remove the Jungle, Forest or Marsh of the tile.
If a Synthetic Petrol Plant runs out of Coal it will stop working.
Custom Srategic View icons for the Bio Refinery, Synth. petrol Plant and Nuclear Repro. Plant.
Custom build buttons for the Bio Refinery, Synth. petrol Plant and Nuclear Repro. Plant.
Castel Del Monte moved to Tech Feudalism

Probably not compatible with savegames from ver. 6.0
Requires Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles version 5 and Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles Modern version 3

Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles version 5

Changes in Version 5 :

Spoiler :
Added Arts/BuildAtlas
Added SV icons for Synthetic Petrol Plant and Nuclear Reprocessing Plant

Hello Hulfgar,
Thanks for your mod and updates. I have a bug; whenever I build or buy a military engineer and move it out of the city the game crashes and stops working. Is there and way to fix that!

Hello Marco1989,

with which version?
Could you post me log files (lua.log, database;log and xml.log) and a savegame?

Thanks

Hello Marco1989,

with which version?
Could you post me log files (lua.log, database;log and xml.log) and a savegame?

Thanks

I'm using complete edition mod, civ5 bnw. I'm sorry but I have save game bug, I can't upload the file!

Attachments

• xml.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Lua.txt
    37.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Database.txt
    2.1 KB · Views: 43
Thanks Marco,

I will try to duplicate the bug.
Can you list me the mods you are using?

About the savegame bug :

From your lua.log file I see that you are using IGE.
In the last 2 weeks the only times I had the savegame bug it was when IGE autosaved. And I did a lot of manual saves with all the testings I ran. Not speaking from the autosaves (mine are set to 1 per turn).
So nothing sure of course but the savegame bug may be bound to IGE, eventually try to load IGE only when needed to see if it makes a difference.

Last : could enable the database validation :
You can enable it by setting 'ValidateGameDatabase = 1' in config.ini, this will give a more complete xml.log file.

Thanks

Thanks for replying Hulfgar;
I didn't have save game bug before using IGE. Today I use it to see if the military engineer bug still exists in the updated mod. when I have a corrupted save file I just do your mentioned steps :)

Attachments

• xml.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Database.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 52
  • Lua.txt
    36 KB · Views: 42
Ok I think I have the bug, it seems to come from the caravan unit.
I removed it, tried the military engineer and it moved without crash.

Here is a corrected version Hulfgars Modpack CE ver 6.2

For the future I will try to make a worker with green camo to replace the infantry and just keep the worker and the truck.

Top Bottom