Humankind Game by Amplitude

It's roughly 11 weeks to the release of Humankind so they've got to be starting Contemporary culture reveals soon, right?

I thoughts it'll be 10 weeks before release. Besides I'm expecting something from them around this time.
Just double checked that it's 11 weeks from Thursday. So they've GOT to be showcasing them soon.

It's roughly 11 weeks to the release of Humankind so they've got to be starting Contemporary culture reveals soon, right?

The missing of them could be signs, that the release date will be pushed back to a later date, again.

The missing of them could be signs, that the release date will be pushed back to a later date, again.

No, there's no formal announcements yet nor any signs that point to that. It's more likely they'll be releasing it next week, which aligns with my assumption that they'll be releasing one of each of the 10 weeks prior to launch.

Devs obviously didn't want to take attention away from Warhammer 3 trailer - they knew it wouldn't stand a chance against the new Humankind culture tweet. And because they are French they are highly cultured people who believe in a fair play between companies, especially if you are facing small indie team such as CA.

Just a different and more technical kind of question here. What are your thoughts on Amplitude releasing the game for M1 Chip Mac machines? I am seriously thinking about upgrading right now and although this would not define my decision, it would certainly be a plus.

Just a different and more technical kind of question here. What are your thoughts on Amplitude releasing the game for M1 Chip Mac machines? I am seriously thinking about upgrading right now and although this would not define my decision, it would certainly be a plus.
I have heard from some people at the Paradox forums that their games run much better on these computers compared to other MacBooks, even though these games use Rosetta so far. So I hope the same is true for Amplitude‘s games and we‘ll see a good Performance. Did amplitude announce that they‘ll make a M1 Version or will it also be Rosetta based? I usually upgrade my computer every 4-5 years and so I guess I‘ll buy an M1 machine towards the end of the year/next year. Let‘s hope Humankind runs fine then.

I have heard from some people at the Paradox forums that their games run much better on these computers compared to other MacBooks, even though these games use Rosetta so far. So I hope the same is true for Amplitude‘s games and we‘ll see a good Performance. Did amplitude announce that they‘ll make a M1 Version or will it also be Rosetta based? I usually upgrade my computer every 4-5 years and so I guess I‘ll buy an M1 machine towards the end of the year/next year. Let‘s hope Humankind runs fine then.

That is great to hear. And I believe that because many other games are being shown to run even better. The Cat o Nine Tales answered my question about this at games2gether that HumanKind "will run on a fairly recent version of Unity (doesn't know the exact number) and that unless there was a significant architecture changes that requires Mono to adapt to the new chip, it should run." So I did some digging about Unity and people were talking about it being very friendly to M1 chips and all that technical stuff I can't say I get in depth. But from what I understood, it was truly encouraging.

That is great to hear. And I believe that because many other games are being shown to run even better. The Cat o Nine Tales answered my question about this at games2gether that HumanKind "will run on a fairly recent version of Unity (doesn't know the exact number) and that unless there was a significant architecture changes that requires Mono to adapt to the new chip, it should run." So I did some digging about Unity and people were talking about it being very friendly to M1 chips and all that technical stuff I can't say I get in depth. But from what I understood, it was truly encouraging.

I'll second this. I'm currently running games on a Bootcamp partition with Windows, but having learned that Bootcamp is unworkable on the new chips I was in a mild panic as to what to do: I certainly don't want to have to buy a whole new PC just for gaming!
I am planning to upgrade once they get the M1s in a 27" screen iMac, because I need the big screen for my 'real' computer work: it would be really nice if it also allow me to take a break and play a game too!

I'll second this. I'm currently running games on a Bootcamp partition with Windows, but having learned that Bootcamp is unworkable on the new chips I was in a mild panic as to what to do: I certainly don't want to have to buy a whole new PC just for gaming!
I am planning to upgrade once they get the M1s in a 27" screen iMac, because I need the big screen for my 'real' computer work: it would be really nice if it also allow me to take a break and play a game too!

I am also looking forward to the new spanking new iMacs with M1X or better chip, I believe. They will be sweet. Meanwhile, I am getting a new MacBook Pro with M1. I will see first hand how it handles Civ VI. Will comment here.

I play most of my games on iMac running Windows because it's currently about the best Windows computer you can buy (quiet, reliable, well designed). So I'm kind of disappointed at the M1 conversion, eventually if I want to run Windows I'm going to have to buy something else. I rarely play games in MacOS but I wonder if the release of games for MacOS will be even less in the future.

I was expecting something today.... There was a notification from my Twitter from Humankind but it wasn't a culture card reveal. I guess they're moving it to some other date this week?

I was expecting something today.... There was a notification from my Twitter from Humankind but it wasn't a culture card reveal. I guess they're moving it to some other date this week?
Perhaps Thursday?

All is possible. I still don't think a weekly run up right to the release day is a sensible idea, as that kinda shafts the last culture who gets nine weeks less of exposure than the first.

But who knows? They could do two a week, or all at once, or maybe while I was writing, they already started....

All is possible. I still don't think a weekly run up right to the release day is a sensible idea, as that kinda shafts the last culture who gets nine weeks less of exposure than the first.

But who knows? They could do two a week, or all at once, or maybe while I was writing, they already started....
Unless they have the most jaw dropping for last

Monegasque culture confirmed

Moderator Action: Can we please not say "confirmed" in posts unless we know that is true. We have had a problem with members thinking some information is true when posters were joking. Appreciate the effort to not spread disinformation. Thanks, leif

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't understand. Could you repeat what you mean or how that connects to my post?

The awesomeness of the culture has nothing to do with the exposure time it gets publically / on social media? And I doubt they'd keep the Americans back just for that. That would just anger some people...

Top Bottom