Humankind Game by Amplitude

Auuuugh, damnit youtube... This was supposed to be unlisted until a few hours from now, but adding it to the playlist revealed it.

@mitsho If you read this in time, could you please remove the video link until we officially announce it? We don't want to jump the gun on our own press embargo.

P.S. I'll answer questions about landmarks and other details later.

Auuuugh, damnit youtube... This was supposed to be unlisted until a few hours from now, but adding it to the playlist revealed it.

@mitsho If you read this in time, could you please remove the video link until we officially announce it? We don't want to jump the gun on our own press embargo.

P.S. I'll answer questions about landmarks and other details later.
I hope you don't mind me saying now: gorgeous stuff. Your art department is fantastic.

From the lack of gameplay footage and culture gameplay, I am very doubtful that this game will have a 2020 release date. We don’t even know that much about how the game starts out, let alone on how it will end.

From the lack of gameplay footage and culture gameplay, I am very doubtful that this game will have a 2020 release date. We don’t even know that much about how the game starts out, let alone on how it will end.

I agree. Having it as Pre-Alpha is a concern, but they are advertising their release this year. I don’t know much about other games, but do many developers and publishers fail to meet their own pre-established release timeframe?

I agree. Having it as Pre-Alpha is a concern, but they are advertising their release this year. I don’t know much about other games, but do many developers and publishers fail to meet their own pre-established release timeframe?

Maybe it will be released as a beta this year. Endless Legend and Endless Space were both available for purchase as beta.

Perhaps they have a lot more to reveal that's going to be held back for a particular event. Of course I'd love to be able to play it this year but the most important thing is to avoid unhealthy crunch periods to meet a date.

I see. I didn’t know that was practiced. How would you rate their quality upon release then?

I've actually never played an Amplitude game before so I don't know :) I'm not really that confident about a beta either, because Amplitude did those as a smaller studio. Now that Sega has acquired them, it's very possible that their processes will change in that regard.

I've actually never played an Amplitude game before so I don't know :) I'm not really that confident about a beta either, because Amplitude did those as a smaller studio. Now that Sega has acquired them, it's very possible that their processes will change in that regard.

Well, something to be cautious about when deciding to buy the game for sure. I don't want to buy a game that is not worth buying upon release because it is not done. We shall see.

Which brings me to ask: @Catoninetales_Amplitude is there a sense of what the minimum and recommended system requirements for Humankind? I'm planning on buying a new high-performance gaming laptop but I'm holding it off until I have enough money.

Yeah, most probably it will start as an Early Access release. Many "community driven" studios are doing it this way, like Larian with Baldur's Gate 3.

The Elephants were true then...man I think I have to rethink my list just to fix the Han slot, Carthage turned out.

Hi all, we've got Carthage confirmed:

https://twitter.com/humankindgame/status/1232342031873298432

Emblematic Unit: War Elephant

Emblematic Quarter: Cothon

Merchant trait

Well, they got the Elephants half right. They would certainly frighten horses that weren't raised with them, but they were used to 'charge' only in the West. In India, Burma, Khmer, and other East Asian Elephantic Armies, they were used almost exclusively as Missile Platforms - putting archers above the unruly mob to get better vision on targets and range. When they were used to charge the enemy, they worked pretty well against troops with little disciple (the famous 'Elephant Victory' over the Celts in Asia Minor) but failed miserably against almost everybody else. Hannibal famously lost his last battle at Zama because the Roman infantry stampeded his elephants back through his own lines with catastrophic effect - an all too common occurence with elephants, who are smart enough not to want to get Hurt and big enough to trample anything or anyone who stands between them and Not Getting Hurt.

So, I'd assume that some other (Mauryan, Burmese, Khmer?) Factions may also have elephants, in which the 'card' will emphasize the more tactically effective 'Eastern' use of elephants to enhance missile fire - extended eventually to mounting large jezzail-type muskets on elephant-back during the Renaissance and early Industrial Eras.

Top Bottom