Humankind Quick Questions and Answers

If reinforcement stacks are in the battle area you should see a little button above them with a plus sign. Click the plus sign to add them to the battle. The unit must be moved from that hex the stack stands on to add another unit from the stack.

If a unit or stack is outside the battle area, then you can move them into the battle area....1 hex in. Click on the battle then exit, then click on the stack and move into into the edge of the battle. You should then be able to use the above method to add the units into the battle itself.

(Granted, this assumes that you have the "Organized Warfare" technology, which allows for reinforcements)

Many thanks. I didn't have that technology, hence no reinforcements!

Hello!

Maybe i've missed something, but i don't find the way to upgrade the units?

Thanks

It’s a button when you click the unit (click the army, and then click the unit). One of the circles in the bottom leftish, little upward pointing shape. Note that some units don’t upgrade along a path you might expect. EU often skip over a comparable unit and upgrade an era later.

Be careful what you upgrade to. There are some „traps,“ such as Maurya elephants upgrading to crossbows, which are a weaker unit with higher upkeep.

Be careful what you upgrade to. There are some „traps,“ such as Maurya elephants upgrading to crossbows, which are a weaker unit with higher upkeep.

I feel like all crossbows are a trap with the current LoS mechanic. I find it’s better to get the minimum 5-25 chip damage with an archer. But the 30+ strength EU archers I never upgrade.

What happens if you lose access to a resource for a unit that was already built.
Can't heal, otherwise fine.

If you lose the resource while the unit is being built, it's really annoying, however. Production stops infinitely as long as the unit is first in queue and there is no notification about that.

Can't heal, otherwise fine.

"Otherwise fine" deserves to be in quotes, though, because it makes it very hard to sustain a war with those units, and a favorite AI tactic, at least in my experience, seems to be 'wearing down' your stacks by attacking them with 1 - 2 units at a time: after that happens several times, you may find that your non-repairable units are too weak to effectively prosecute a siege or assault on an enemy city.

The same thing, by the way, happens with Minor Faction units that you hire or receive by assimilating them: if you don't have the resources to build the new units, you cannot repair them, so that the actual usefulness of your new 'mercenaries' may be a lot less than you'd hoped.

Anyone know how Base stability is worked out?
upload_2021-8-24_21-11-9.png

EDIT: Maybe it just is an adjustment to make it 100? This is the same city a few turns later. What I really want is 'your city is at 130 stability' but no.
upload_2021-8-24_21-30-30.png

Last edited:
Anyone know how Base stability is worked out?
View attachment 606538
EDIT: Maybe it just is an adjustment to make it 100? This is the same city a few turns later. What I really want is 'your city is at 130 stability' but no.
View attachment 606545
That would make a lot of Sense, because I think I have seen it be negative

Ideology 40-0 depending on choices
Base: ?? or less to keep the top 100

If you go to a city with less than 100 stability you should be able to find out what the maximum "base value" is (I'm guessing 60? because that would mean a 'city with nothing but maxed Ideology Stability would be at 100%)

If you go to a city with less than 100 stability you should be able to find out what the maximum "base value" is (I'm guessing 60? because that would mean a 'city with nothing but maxed Ideology Stability would be at 100%)
I am maxxing out my influence at the moment so don’t want to drop.

I am maxxing out my influence at the moment so don’t want to drop.
No worries, I’ll see if any of mine drop, and check it.

Looks like Base Value =40+- whatever is needed to keep the total between 0 and 100

Last edited:
Anyone know how the Smite the Unbelievers tenet works? For anyone that doesn't remember, Smite the Unbelievers has this text
+25 Experience on creating Unit on all Cities
-1 Unit Upkeep on Unit

Does it mean 1 unit in each army has 0 upkeep cost? If so, how does the game choose which unit to deduct upkeep from?

Anyone know how the Smite the Unbelievers tenet works? For anyone that doesn't remember, Smite the Unbelievers has this text

Does it mean 1 unit in each army has 0 upkeep cost? If so, how does the game choose which unit to deduct upkeep from?
I think the upkeep part (haven't tested) applies to all units that you field or build.

I think the upkeep part (haven't tested) applies to all units that you field or build.
Hmm... still not quite sure what that means unfortunately. I guess I'll pick that tenet sometime and see if I can discover what that -1 Unit Upkeep bonus means.

Separately, is there any stat tracking in Humankind that is exposed to the players? I'm kind of interested in seeing how many Era Stars I've earned. I've probably earned Militarist Stars most out of any other Era Stars, but I'm curious what trails after that. My guess would be Agrarian Stars next, then Builder Stars, then Scientist Stars. There are trophies in the game that track things I do, but they don't track any further stats after they've been awarded, from what I can tell.

Hmm... still not quite sure what that means unfortunately. I guess I'll pick that tenet sometime and see if I can discover what that -1 Unit Upkeep bonus means.

I read it the way that e.g. a Swordman costing 5 upkeep per turn only costs 4 with that tenet. So in an army with 4 Swordmen, 4 less upkeep total. Same for any other unit (unless there are units with no upkeep in HK - I'm not sure on this -, then the bonus is probably lost)

Last edited:
I’m curious.. does anyone know yet if the events are affected by other factors such as your science etc, or is the outcome entirely random? I’m thinking for example the Medieval event that often occurs that strongly alludes to the Black Plague (or plagues in general).

Top Bottom