1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Hungary Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Nov 27, 2018.

1. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

This is exciting! One of my favorite ways to play is using CS levies as my military and focusing almost exclusively on infrastructure and gold, so, this is right up my alley :D

For those who haven't utilized levies...it's quite powerful, actually, you should give it a shot even without Hungary. Also, for those complaining about how easy it is to lose suzerainty of a CS when using the levies, I suspect it's because you're taking a preventable risk by spreading your envoys out too thin, so, it's an issue with your strategy, not with the mechanic.

2. criZp

criZp Warlord

Another lame childish agenda.

MOOOM HE DOESN'T LEVY TROOPS!!! HE'S SO STUPID MOM I'M GONNA RUIN OUR DIPLOMATIC RELATIONSHIP NOW!!!

Icicle and nzcamel like this.
  3. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

I do find it weird they keep giving all the guys 5 o clock shadows. It didnt seem to fit Latauro imho and looks a bit odd to me here as well.

4. TheSpaceCowboy

TheSpaceCowboy "Save a horse..."

When I read the leaked list of civilizations and leaders, all anticipation for this expansion died before it was announced. Except for perhaps the Ottomans (which, before Byzantium? Really?!?), I'd not been dreaming of any of those civilizations entering the fray (and I dream up quite a lot on the "Design Your Own Civilization" thread).

But if all the new Civilizations are as mechanically cool as Hungary, I might finally be won over to the camp of folks that care less about iconic rulers representing highly consequential countries and care more about a unique gameplay experience.

nzcamel and WillowBrook like this.
  5. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

I didn't think about how Hungary's districts need to be across a river to get 50% production. I thought if you placed a district next to your city center and on the same side of the river you'd still get the 50% production.

Nevetheless, Pearl of the Danube is still very powerful.

6. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

It takes city states forever to get back on their feet after a conquest/liberation.

Frankly I'm not too excited about yet another warmonger civ, but the production bonus is very nice.

7. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Ten weeks can't pass by fast enough! I welcome Hungary to Civ6! :goodjob:

I'm not a big militaristic player, but might consider Domination with Hungary.

Naktis, TahamiTsunami, Icicle and 2 others like this.
  8. darko82

darko82 Chieftain

What is so attractive to you about Hungary? I would prefer a non-existent today civ to be included instead. The same applies to Canada etc.

9. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

Ugh. I forgot how stupid leader agendas were.

Morningcalm and Siptah like this.
  10. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Where's the dude who creates those new leader GIFs? Was it Ghostpiano or something?

11. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel Office Linebacker

Hmm, yeah. I thought I was possibly tripping when I thought Mattias looks a bit scuzzy compared to some of the other leaders.

12. darko82

darko82 Chieftain

Even though Poland has had a long and turbulent history, they did it for consumers who demanded it.

13. Hawke9

Hawke9 Chieftain

Any news or speculation on a livestream?

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  14. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

How about Poland?

Elhoim likes this.
  15. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

I have to admit that I'm baffled that someone wouldn't care more about a unique gameplay experience in a...game.

16. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

ShyPiano

TahamiTsunami, Hawke9 and shaglio like this.
  17. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Yeah not a fan of this one. I don't get why they feel the need to tie the agenda so closely to the Civ's game mechanics. I will be on Hungary's s list forever it seems.

I'm digging these district production bonus, and I see this as the feature I will use the most. I'm still hesitant about levying, I will mostly use it to shore up envoys. They seem like a good civ for diplomatic victory maybe. Despite 2 UU's, and war abilities, I don't see myself playing them that way.

Leathaface likes this.
  18. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

This civ's motto will be "Give me (a very bendy) river, or give me death!"
    River loop and confluence sites will be prizėd settling locations.
    Even with a straight river they get jump-start to a speedy religion and CH, then they can buy all the CS in the way and spread like plague.

Also, when I look at this king animated, I see a ghost of... Alex. :) There's something similarly disconcerting about that mouth movement...
    But the music is good! Can't wait to get them in my hands.

nzcamel likes this.
  19. darko82

darko82 Chieftain

Basically, I would have an idea for the next expansion. Let's start as ancient civs who turn into modern ones - change their names according to history. That would be a lot immersive and historically accurate than starting as Canada in the ancient world. They introduced geograpical names, so why not to follow this path with historic names and civs?

The only problem is that a lot of civs (cultures and languages) did not exist in the ancient times at all.

20. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

Yeah, him. I'm at work now, so I can't watch the video until I get home tonight. But his GIFs are always a nice little preview in the meantime.