1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

I badly want to win Space on Immortal...

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by dankok8, Aug 7, 2020.

1. elitetroops

elitetroops Deity

The start, very easy first target, then lots of room to expand or a good next target to attack. You don't need perfect settings for a space win, this would be more than good enough.

Didn't want to go all the peaceniks because that's not necessarily easier. For fastest possible space you want tech pace as fast as possible, but for first space it's easier with a bit slower AI tech pace. Having a mix of different minded easy to bribe AI is one good way to achieve this and also the easiest way to make sure you're on good terms with your neighbors. Apart from Darius all of them can be bribed at pleased or lower. Any target will also become a soft target if you can send their army elsewhere before declaring.

dankok8 likes this.
  2. Pangaea

Pangaea Rock N Roller

Haven't checked out that start, but it sounds quite nice from what elitetroops mentions. If you want an entirely peaceful game, you could probably just roll a half-decent Lakes map with default number of AIs, and be able to REX to 12-15 cities. Definitely possible if you take out one AI and go peaceful after that.

Probably the main thing when aiming for space, is whether you go for corporations or communism (well, after the possible factor of gaining as much land as you can, which it sounds like you want to avoid, which is fair enough). For corps, you need a GE for Mining Inc (plus a chap for one of the food corps). In both cases, it's about getting there as fast as you can, and then reap the benefits for the rest of the game, powering your way to a fast space launch.

dankok8 likes this.
  3. dankok8

dankok8 Elected World Leader

It's not my first time winning Space but it will be first on Immortal. I won a bunch of Emperor. On Immortal, I just never seem to go for it so want to spice it up a bit and try something new.

4. civac

civac Warlord

My space wins on Immortal come typically on continents-like maps after taking over my own continent. I often can't be bothered to invade the other continent(s) as late game wars are annoying busywork and even against the ai landing an army is fraught with peril. In some cases taking over my continent means only conquering a single ai for a total of 15-25 cities. If you want to win peacefully entirely you need to be able at least 10ish decent cities and need some luck. If there is a run-away civ their spaceship will be faster. Ai culture victories will also be faster. If you are lucky the relevant cities (capital/culture cities) are coastal and a few destroyers/transports + 20 marines can take care of it.

5. dankok8

dankok8 Elected World Leader

I won one in Willem NC. Also have another offline game with Huayna where I can easily go that route.

6. FlyinJohnnyL

FlyinJohnnyL You need more workers....

I eagerly await your "I badly want to win Space on Deity" thread :thumbsup:

dankok8 likes this.