I can win every single game on immortal, but I have no idea how to survive on deity.

Blitz Spearman

Warlord
More specifically, how the hell am I supposed to survive the early wars on Deity? The AI always invades me around turn 40, when I settle my first city, and by then my army will be at best something like 2 warriors and 3 archers, and the AI will always have about three times as many units, including catapults.

I know that in a frame as small as 40 turns, there isn't much room for different strategies, so I'm wondering, what am I missing here, what are the openers that enable you do defeat a 15-unit strong army at turn 40~50?

I find a combination of the following can help to prevent early DOWs from the AI:

1. Establish a trade route with your closest neighbour. You should do this for the science anyway on Deity.

2. Sell your luxuries. You'll get a diplo bonus plus more gold to buy units.

3. Build enough military units to keep yourself off the bottom of the military chart. AIs like to pick on the weakest civ.

4. Bribe a likely aggressor into attacking someone else. You'll probably have to do this if you end up spawning next to Shaka and the like.

If you think someone is likely to attack and they won't go for a bribe, you can always give them some gold per turn for the "we've traded recently" modifier. It really means "we screwed you over in a deal" but it is quite effective. I've had an army at my border turn into a DoF just from doing this.

But if you do have an aggressive neighbor, of course get 4 or 5 CBs out. That is the real defense.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom