I Don't Get It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the articles and I didn't find them helpful. They just tells you a walkthrough of thier game, and it dosent tell you specific what to do and what not to do in any situation.

So this is what you want? Someone to stand over your shoulder and tell you "move this guy here", "build this", "research this"? Unless you have a very patient civ-playing friend in your neighborhood, this isn't gonna happen.

But you don't need it either. If you've read articles/threads/walkthroughs and they don't help then the only thing I can imagine is you're not applying the information. You're just playing the next game like you did the last one. At some point you have to engage your mind to the lessons learned and think critically.

To be honest, you're lucky this thread has gotten this many responses. I agree with other posters that your attitude is less than stellar. If you want help then courtesy goes a long way and victimizing yourself is invariably a self-fulfilling prophesy.

This is harder on high difficulties, not easier. AI pays very little maintenance and gets a huge :hammers: boost. Put those together and watch what happens when 1-2 AIs wind up with 30%+ of the world's land/pop peacefully.

If you're really good, you can win, but um...not exactly what one would want if they're trying to learn a new level ;).

Thats probably right, but that how I somehow managed to get to Prince easily :lol:.
I guess on Prince-Noble, the AI hammer bonus and maintenance bonus is not that great or there is none at all. This pretty much means if you can play with a good leader you can usually out-expand the AI, REX quickly and build up a tech leader.

But I have one more question. Does the amount of AI also make the AI tech rate faster? It seems that the AI techs a bit faster with more of them. The AI leader itself has a big effect but does the fact that there are more AIs in which they can trade with make their tech rate faster? Yes yes, i know their relations will also matter but won't more AI make the probability of AIs getting along higher?

I think this guy is just a bored troll.

He asks obvious, noob-ish questions, then lambastes everyone who gives him advice, telling them that they don't know what they're talking about, while staunchly defending the most asinine strategic blunders as "solid".

In this post, he brags about being an Immortal player who has considered writing Deity walkthroughs, yet in this current thread, he can't seem to beat Noble, after 60-some tries. So, he's obviously a lying, rude braggart (a wonderful combination) or a troll (not that there's all that much difference, really).

I can't believe I wasted five minutes of my life being trolled by this guy and contributing to this stupid thread, but there it is.

And this is the first time in many years of reading CFC that I've ever seen Dave McW post anything but the most helpful, concise tip in any thread he's contributed to. I actually had to do a double take. That was my first sign that this guy is a huge troll. Seriously, just go through his posting archive. It's quite obvious that he's here to insult, belittle, and ridicule, not to talk about Civilization.

And to PreLynMax: I'm no saint. I've trolled internet forums and caused massive flamewars, going all the way back to the early 90s in UseNet. I've been banned from numerous high-profile sites. But I've never once trolled CFC, because I respect this forum and site. It bugs me that you don't. This is the one community that I've ever really respected, and it's because everyone here is friendly, helpful, polite, and almost endlessly patient. You're the exception. Don't ruin the one site that I legitimately enjoy. I urge you to live up to your first post and delete your account today. I'm amazed that CFC is so lenient as to allow you to troll these forums for so long (over a year??), but I doubt that you're going to be welcome here for very much longer if you continue this abusive, rude attitude. Just leave. You hate it here, and you're not liked.

So this is what you want? Someone to stand over your shoulder and tell you "move this guy here", "build this", "research this"? Unless you have a very patient civ-playing friend in your neighborhood, this isn't gonna happen.

But you don't need it either. If you've read articles/threads/walkthroughs and they don't help then the only thing I can imagine is you're not applying the information. You're just playing the next game like you did the last one. At some point you have to engage your mind to the lessons learned and think critically.

To be honest, you're lucky this thread has gotten this many responses. I agree with other posters that your attitude is less than stellar. If you want help then courtesy goes a long way and victimizing yourself is invariably a self-fulfilling prophesy.

If there would be someone to stand over his shoulder and tell him what to do he would still tell that guy or girl that he or she is wrong and he does it his own way anyways.

Now to you, Syiss_...

Oh yes, my attitude stinks. And yes, I had every tile worked in that game, had you not noticed, or had you not notice the stats, I did have well over 2 workers/city.
And yes, I abandoned that game. I'm about to post my 67th straight noble loss later on.

You are constantly calling for help and when people help you, you tell them they are wrong. So you are either incredible stubborn/dumb or just a troll.
This attitude isn't worth civfanatics forum. Excuse me for this, but I can't stop myself any longer :lol:

@PreLynMax. Either you're frustrated by your inability to beat noble and getting increasingly irritated by this thread or a distant relative of Kyger Litor.

Either way I reckon the thing of you to do is to post a basic game (BtS 3.17 or 3.19 no mods) and post every 20 rounds or so for comments and advice and let this thread die.

Its up to the Moderators to decide if someone/anyone is going beyond acceptable boundaries imho.

Wow thats the most dramatic reaction to sucking at a game I've ever read. But seriously, you're right with your first post, give up. Civ isn't a game for stupid people, and if you can't win on prince it's obvious that you're lacking intelligence. I could beat prince easily on my second playthrough of CIV ever. Not beating it after 66 tries and the help of this forum is one of the more pathetic things i've ever heard/read about.

I don't mean to insult you, it's okay to be stupid, but even stupid people have to realise when they're beat. You almost did it when you made this thread, now you just need to follow-through and quit the game forever. Don't let these other suckers try to pull you back in to the game, it just isn't within your capabilities and you'll only suffer more if you continue. If you want you can PM me and I'll recommend some good games that are suited for even the most mentally challenged individuals.

It's not the first thread he made with content like this. General setup is like this,
-Thread made about how the game sucks
-Helpful people come out and are dismissed or get insulted
-OP disappears from thread to open an new one some months later, rinse and repeat.

Destructive babble really. Good riddance as Dave said if he really quits but i doubt he will.

I don't know. 67 straight losses at Noble is quite an accomplishment. ;)

I only managed 3 or 4 (before I got too bored and had to go struggle on Prince for a while). But that was on vanilla Civ 4.

PreLynMax,

If you're still around, post a game. Post your save file every 10 turns or so (about 15-20 if you're playing on Marathon.) When you post your save, type out everything you're considering. Example:

I'm researching masonry because I found stone nearby and I'm hoping that I can get the Great Wall in time. The warrior being built in CITY_NAME will be used to fogbust on the hill northeast of CITY_NAME. After Masonry comes in, my tech path will be Bronze Working, Pottery, Archery.

Wow thats the most dramatic reaction to sucking at a game I've ever read. But seriously, you're right with your first post, give up. Civ isn't a game for stupid people, and if you can't win on prince it's obvious that you're lacking intelligence. I could beat prince easily on my second playthrough of CIV ever. Not beating it after 66 tries and the help of this forum is one of the more pathetic things i've ever heard/read about.

I don't mean to insult you, it's okay to be stupid, but even stupid people have to realise when they're beat. You almost did it when you made this thread, now you just need to follow-through and quit the game forever. Don't let these other suckers try to pull you back in to the game, it just isn't within your capabilities and you'll only suffer more if you continue. If you want you can PM me and I'll recommend some good games that are suited for even the most mentally challenged individuals.

I wouldn't insult someone's intelligence when you don't realize he is playing noble. And that comment is extremely offensive, to him and outsiders reading this.

Only thing I can say is, change your strategy. Repeating terrible strategies will lead to terrible games. It's like repeatedly touching a hot pot with your bare hands. Get some oven mitts and then try again.

Btw, I used to lose on Chieftain, but I'm playing Monarch now. Don't let a game beat you!

Jesus, I've got that thing assigned when I was 13 or 14.
That and "War and Peace". For summer.
Probably now I'd appreciate both those books, but it's been quite a trauma :lol:
What kind of sadist did that to you? I love Dotoevsky, but anyone who tells a 13yo (unless that 13yo is literally Doogie Howser) to read russian novels is simply evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom