I have a question

Mai Pipi Styngs

Chieftain
Question is, why doesn't clearing a jungle produce hammers? Ever seen a jungle ? They're loaded with trees ! Every bit as much as a standard temperate forest maybe even more.

I have no clue except to suppose it's an aspect of the overall game balance to cement jungle terrain more an early disadvantage.

There are few topic about this: jungle don't produce strong trees.

+ Jungles don't produce production in the game. so why clearing gives you a production boost?. Maybe a food for a certain turns would be more appropriate.

Mahogany. Teak. Bamboo. Rubber trees. Want some more? Jungle lumber doesn't come to mind to people in North America and Europe because we're too familiar with our own local favorites. (Not too many jungles in our neck of the woods.) All we hear about is how they're burning out the Amazon jungles to make the land "useful", ergo, jungle must be a waste of space.

Bamboo is good (I'm used to hearing the phrase bamboo forest, though, fwiw). But clearing jungles are labor intensive in a way that drier forests are not. I think it makes enough sense.

Besides, it's good for jungles and forests to be very different for gameplay reasons.

Mahogany. Teak. Bamboo. Rubber trees. Want some more? Jungle lumber doesn't come to mind to people in North America and Europe because we're too familiar with our own local favorites. (Not too many jungles in our neck of the woods.) All we hear about is how they're burning out the Amazon jungles to make the land "useful", ergo, jungle must be a waste of space.
Bamboo is not a tree :lol: , its a grass. But i agree with you its quite durable and very versatile.

Top Bottom