I have no idea what to do as tradition

I do not think that i will build it because of the increase of costs of other wonders. If you pursue Tourism Victory - you need A LOT of wonders and this 10% really are a big deal when a wonder costs 4000:c5production:. And if you do not pursue Tourism Victory - do you really need it? There is plenty of other useful stuff

Remember that it still boosts your production by 10% during WTLKD, which you should aim to have going permanently in your capital anyway. Losing the culture on GP was a big hit but I consider it still a very good Ancient wonder for Tradition; it just doesn't sting quite as much if you miss out on it now.

Remember that it still boosts your production by 10% during WTLKD, which you should aim to have going permanently in your capital anyway. Losing the culture on GP was a big hit but I consider it still a very good Ancient wonder for Tradition; it just doesn't sting quite as much if you miss out on it now.
In settings that i use for my games every wonder requires a lot of commitment, you just can't build it occasionally, so the reward is now just too low compared to risk (on deity you can't go militarytheory first if you want Mausoleum, in my game timing for mausoleum is turn 60)

About temple of artemis...
As tradition, you're looking to always upgrade units when you can afford it (save those hammers for something else). So unless your ranged units are constantly dying, that 15% production bonus seems pretty irrelevant throughout the entire game. Which is making me think it's a tier 3 wonder.
Right?

About temple of artemis...
As tradition, you're looking to always upgrade units when you can afford it (save those hammers for something else). So unless your ranged units are constantly dying, that 15% production bonus seems pretty irrelevant throughout the entire game. Which is making me think it's a tier 3 wonder.
Right?
Absolutely not. You want it for the food. The bonus for ranged is just flavour.

Imo Artemis is absolutely a tier3 wonder, i never ever try to build it. +10% food is nothing because it calculated based on your food surplus instead of total produced food.

Imo Artemis is absolutely a tier3 wonder, i never ever try to build it. +10% food is nothing because it calculated based on your food surplus instead of total produced food.

It's +10% food, not growth, so yes it's calculated taking account total food produced. I like build when using wide progress empires, and think is the ancient wonder with greater long term value and more relevant during the time, so I really like it and in lots of game is my go to Ancient wonder,

It's +10% food, not growth, so yes it's calculated taking account total food produced. I like build when using wide progress empires, and think is the ancient wonder with greater long term value and more relevant during the time, so I really like it and in lots of game is my go to Ancient wonder,
Oh really? Are you sure? Cause in every other parts of the game +X%:c5food: means growth, which means that it affects cities that have enough food and do not affect cities that do not have enough food

I just won a SV going away on Emperor as a 5-city Korea. Sejong hit his stride with the Renaissance and steadily caught up, then pulled away, on tech, while staying at the top in number of SP's. The big change for me was switching off my Progress no-guilds-in-the-cap credo, and putting two in Seoul, as well as feeding two or three of my cities throughout the game.

What was interesting is that I could have been playing vanilla. No ships, no air force, no mounted, no melee: military consisted of the original pathfinder (who did all the exploring), plus 5 archers replaced by 5 armory hwachas, who where in turn upgraded all the way to artillery. (I also had the Manhatttan nuke.) No wars past the early Classical, despite being on the same continent as the game's gorilla -- Indonesia -- who vassalized my neighbors Venice and Babylon, and thrice beat the Inca in a war. We were enemies until he also took Freedom, which led to a steady thawing.

I was ready to build a bunch of caravels, then destroyers, for safety, but never had to... and had no oil, iron, or unranium. My only explanation for peace was that Indonesia was busy elsewhere, and that my science may have intimidated him a bit... but not really.

I jusr had the opposite experience as 5 city Korea, tradition-artistry-rationalism, religious beliefs focused on golden ages and science, had an 8 tech lead, friends with nearly every civ...

Except Shaka who turns up with more frigates than my entire supply cap.

Some of the new mechanics designed to prevent these giant mega armies really take the fun out of science leading civs, I could barely build military buildings fast enough to keep the supply cap reduction in check, and the VP upgrade costs dwarfed my economy.

In retrospect should probably have taken Industry, but from a role-playing/game being actually fun perspective you should be able to take Rationalism as Korea and not end up tanking your empire from 'too much' science.

Too much of a good thing :p

Need that supporting infrastructure and economy!

Top Bottom