I like gifts,but I don't understand...

Tatran

Deity
Both wonders have been built and Cyrus has a permanent alliance
with Washington.I've played a lot of Civ4 games,but I've never seen
this before. :confused:

WOW!!! I didn't know that the AI would ever do that. Didn't even think it was possible. Can this be done reliably?

I had a game a long time ago (when I first started playing on prince) on pangea with about 14 civs (large map). Somehow this game I was friends with nearly everyone but the usual suspects (Tokugawa, Montezuma, Isabella). And by that, I really mean everyone loved me, I had pleased and friendly with them all. Anyway, I had a pretty poor start and all my resources were on the edge of my empire next to Tokugawa. I had been playing too peacably and Tokugawa kept invading. After repelling him many times, Alexander saw my weakness too and invaded, followed by Julius Ceasar and Napoleon. The first city Alexander took with his endless swarm of Elephants was my city with both iron and horses. Needless to say, I was screwed for this game, but I decided to play it out and try to survive. Long story short, I sued for peace and was left with one city. I played this out for a long time (100 more turns or so, they went fast with nothing to do). And I fell farther and farther behind in tech and power and culture and points. Then, my good friends from before, much to my amazement, began showing up and giving me old techs I had never bothered to research. Within 10 turns, three civs (Hepshutsep, Qin, and Roosevelt) all stopped by and dropped off old techs (Currency, Compass, and Philosophy, I think). I think after a tech is completely worthless, and the computer no longer sees you as a threat, they will "help you out" by giving you the tech if you're Friendly or highly Pleased. At least that's my experience with it.

The tech was indeed useless,but I wasn't behind in tech as
you can see in the picture.I had only 9 cities and most civs
had more cities on this Fractal large map on Prince.
Btw,the game was a winner thanks to Gandhi,he did build
the Apollo Program first and signed a Permanent Alliance
with me. :D

Yeah, that is funky. When it happened to me in my game, I was certainly a useless civ quickly falling behind. But in yours, it just seems that he's your good friend and that that tech is quite old and you should have it (I mean, you were in the industrial era).

Cyrus gave me Iron Working once. Only time I've seen it happen.

I thanked him, mined some iron and invaded his land. :king:

Top Bottom